Dow Rises to Highest Finish of the Year

Don't have a clue do ya. It was the Clinton justice department's assault on Microsoft that burst the tech bubble.

Don't have a clue do ya. It was the Clinton justice department's assault on Microsoft that burst the tech bubble.

More brilliant CON$ervative rationalization!
It doesn't matter that the bubble burst a month before Microsoft was declared a monopoly, which would actually benefit the other dot-coms trying to compete with MS, and it doesn't matter that there was a lot of dot-coms that NEVER showed a profit (nicknamed dot-bombs) who had run out of venture capital, it had to be Clinton's fault. Brilliant!!!

It's good news, I suppose, if it is sustainable.

We can expect, I am informed, to see a continued climb in unemployment, however.

And employment is, to my POV, the real indicator a healthy economy.

I can see Obama running for re-election in 2011 and still blaming Bush for all the country's ills. That's bad, but sad will be the people who will agree with him -- LOL

Folks this is the time to buy into good, old, conservative mutual funds. I have been around enough years and in mutual funds long enough to know this is still a great country with great people and great companies. Invest in America, the companies, not the government.

What was it Mr. Obama said?

I can't get bogged down in the day to day minutea....

Its up now. Its at its high for the year....Yayyyyyyyy...

But wait! There are still 5 more months to go in this year and its almost a sure bet that the DOW will be right around where it is right now.

The economy won't start to recover until the summer of 2010 as the economists said.

Oh, and they said it would recover by summer of 2010 without the stimulus. So, put that 800 billion in the write-off column because it was all pure political payment.

Economists know it, Obama knows it, you and I know it, but, the media will spin it where Obama's policies was the only thing that saved our economy, and America will by into it.

It's good news, I suppose, if it is sustainable.

We can expect, I am informed, to see a continued climb in unemployment, however.

And employment is, to my POV, the real indicator a healthy economy.
Well, the current talking point is not the number of jobs, but the number of hours per week worked. When that starts going up, we will have seen the bottom.

What was it Mr. Obama said?

I can't get bogged down in the day to day minutea....

Its up now. Its at its high for the year....Yayyyyyyyy...

But wait! There are still 5 more months to go in this year and its almost a sure bet that the DOW will be right around where it is right now.

The economy won't start to recover until the summer of 2010 as the economists said.

Oh, and they said it would recover by summer of 2010 without the stimulus. So, put that 800 billion in the write-off column because it was all pure political payment.

Economists know it, Obama knows it, you and I know it, but, the media will spin it where Obama's policies was the only thing that saved our economy, and America will by into it.
Yes they will because the masses believe the news for the 20 minutes a day they watch it.

14k was only unsustainable because democrats were in control of congress.

Exactly sir.

Another brilliant CON$ervative rationalization!!! It's ALWAYS the Dem's fault as long as there are Dems somewhere in government.

The housing bubble burst because the Dems controlled Congress, but when the Tech bubble burst the GOP controlled Congress so it had to be Clinton's fault. Brilliant :cuckoo:

...and of course the 87 crash, when Reagan was president, was the Democratic Congress' fault.:lol:

Raise your hand if you think the near historic collapse of the dollar might have something to do with the recent rise in the market as foreigners but us up for 80 cents on the Dollar.

The Capital Markets have been battering the USA ever since the Dems lied their way into Congress in 2006.

The USA will lose its AAA credit rating before Obama and the Dems are through

The market is rising on an enormous ocean of liquidity that is being channeled into the financial markets as opposed to the real economy. This cannot continue indefinitely without serious ramifications. I believe that serious ramifications are on their way.

The market is rising on an enormous ocean of liquidity that is being channeled into the financial markets as opposed to the real economy. This cannot continue indefinitely without serious ramifications. I believe that serious ramifications are on their way.

what kind of ramifications?

Its like we haven't learned a damn thing! The economy this decade was predicated on a huge asset bubble in housing caused by, amongst other things, the Fed massively pumping money into the financial system. We are doing the exact same thing now and asset markets such as stocks, commodities, and even housing in Canada and China are taking off. We are creating the same imbalances that got us into the mess.

It is both mind-boggling and disheartening.

And the real problem in all this - the disconnect between average salary and average new home price is being lmost totally ignored.

Forum List

Back