Dow reaches 4 year high, NASDAQ reaches 11 year high

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied late Tuesday to close sharply higher on news that most of the nation's largest banks have passed the government's latest test of their financial health.

The Dow Jones Industrial average (INDU) rose 218 points, or 1.8%, to close at 13,177. It was the highest close since Dec. 31, 2007, when Dow closed at 13,264.82.

The S&P 500 (SPX) added 25 points, or 1.8%, to 1,396.

The Nasdaq (COMP) jumped 56 points, or 1.9%, to 3,040. It was the highest closing level since Nov. 15, 2000.

Stock rally into the close, Dow gains 218 points - Mar. 13, 2012

What significant event took place more than 11 1/2 years ago?

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied late Tuesday to close sharply higher on news that most of the nation's largest banks have passed the government's latest test of their financial health.

The Dow Jones Industrial average (INDU) rose 218 points, or 1.8%, to close at 13,177. It was the highest close since Dec. 31, 2007, when Dow closed at 13,264.82.

The Nasdaq (COMP) jumped 56 points, or 1.9%, to 3,040. It was the highest closing level since Nov. 15, 2000.

Oh oh! I know this...call on me call on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 4, 2000 - The Official Van Halen Site launched a new competition to promote the release of the remastered David Lee Roth era albums.

Oh oh! I know this...call on me call on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The posts on this forum indicate many know nothing about the bursting of the dot com bubble and it's severe economic consequences.

Do the research and you will find out how it happened and who caused it .
"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it." George Santayana

So Obama controls the NYSE now? What.... he waves his magic golf club and stocks soar?
Is there anything this man can't do?

So Obama controls the NYSE now? What.... he waves his magic golf club and stocks soar?
Apparently CON$erviNutzis believed that when the market was down, they had no trouble rationalizing that the marker belonged to Obama even before he was sworn in.

January 15,2009
RUSH: It's entirely fair to call this Obama's stock market because it's reacting to what Obama's plans are for the economy. It's not reacting to Bush. Bush isn't on anybody's mind here.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

Apparently CON$erviNutzis believed that when the market was down, they had no trouble rationalizing that the marker belonged to Obama even before he was sworn in.

January 15,2009
RUSH: It's entirely fair to call this Obama's stock market because it's reacting to what Obama's plans are for the economy. It's not reacting to Bush. Bush isn't on anybody's mind here.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: To say that Obama has been in office only one month is not accurate from an effect on the world and an effect on the country standpoint. Barack Obama has been the controlling political authority on the economy for six months.

Rush doesn't speak for me, assbrain.

Any idiot - less you and Rush apparently - knows the White House doesn't control the free market NYSE.

Resume fisting yourself, or whatever it is that you do well, asswipe.

It's fun to watch the righties trying to wiggle out of this one.

Obama has done a very good job.

Just what exactly has Obama done to have a turn around in the stockmarket? :confused:

Stability. Predictability. That's all any president can do.

His policies and wish list aren't exactly business friendly...you do realize that right?
Isn't he the president that has a war on big business/corporations and the rich, yes?

January 15,2009

March 2, 2009

Any idiot - less you and Rush apparently - knows the White House doesn't control the free market NYSE.

He did 3 years ago, :asshole: You only reject your MessiahRushie NOW because he made a fool of himself. If the market was still down, as CON$ have been hoping for, CON$erviNutzis would still be saying it is Obama's market.

January 15,2009
RUSH: Financial markets are a rough predictor of future economic performance, and based upon what the markets know of Obama's plans, it's giving him a failing grade. I'm not being political. The markets deal in bottom lines. It takes the pulse of millions of investors, both in this country and abroad, to report the results, unfiltered.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: Well, here's some truth for you. President Obama campaigned for two years. His policies were announced that long ago. He won the Democrat nomination last August, six months ago. Every smart money guy, every smart money woman on Wall Street and around the world knew Obama was a shoe-in to be president six months ago...

So the economy stopped. The stock market started tanking. They knew Obama was going to win.

January 15,2009

March 2, 2009

He did 3 years ago, :asshole: You only reject your MessiahRushie NOW because he made a fool of himself. If the market was still down, as CON$ have been hoping for, CON$erviNutzis would still be saying it is Obama's market.

January 15,2009
RUSH: Financial markets are a rough predictor of future economic performance, and based upon what the markets know of Obama's plans, it's giving him a failing grade. I'm not being political. The markets deal in bottom lines. It takes the pulse of millions of investors, both in this country and abroad, to report the results, unfiltered.

March 2, 2009
RUSH: Well, here's some truth for you. President Obama campaigned for two years. His policies were announced that long ago. He won the Democrat nomination last August, six months ago. Every smart money guy, every smart money woman on Wall Street and around the world knew Obama was a shoe-in to be president six months ago...

So the economy stopped. The stock market started tanking. They knew Obama was going to win.

You pay more attention to this guy (Rush) than I ever have. I would say that between he and Bill Mahr...in the last five years....I've listed to about zero minutes of their stuff. Before that, I watched Mahr twice and that was enough for me.

I think it's funny how hard you guys track people like Rush and Palin and then demand we act like they speak for us.

:lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back