Dow reaches 4 year high, NASDAQ reaches 11 year high

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied late Tuesday to close sharply higher on news that most of the nation's largest banks have passed the government's latest test of their financial health.

The Dow Jones Industrial average (INDU) rose 218 points, or 1.8%, to close at 13,177. It was the highest close since Dec. 31, 2007, when Dow closed at 13,264.82.

The S&P 500 (SPX) added 25 points, or 1.8%, to 1,396.

The Nasdaq (COMP) jumped 56 points, or 1.9%, to 3,040. It was the highest closing level since Nov. 15, 2000.

Stock rally into the close, Dow gains 218 points - Mar. 13, 2012

Not all that thrilled, has to be a bubble somewhere about to pop. Goldman cannot make money unless the stock market crashes on schedule every few years.

Damn Straight occupied...you have to excuse Chris...he could care less about the stock market or the economy as long as Obama is still in office.

It's All Obama's Fault that b..... oh Wait!

Last edited:
The stock market has doubled since the stimulus.
3.9 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up. Unemployment is down.
GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.
Obama has done a very good job.

Why would an OWS/Democrat be boasting about this? Seems very disingenuous.

Last edited:
Moron, with the Euro on the verge of collapse.....people are going to invest in the American stock market, especially when the Feds bail out companies left and right....it's a winner for foreign investors to be protected by the American taxpayer.

It is a false bubble that will blow up....

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- U.S. stocks rallied late Tuesday to close sharply higher on news that most of the nation's largest banks have passed the government's latest test of their financial health.

The Dow Jones Industrial average (INDU) rose 218 points, or 1.8%, to close at 13,177. It was the highest close since Dec. 31, 2007, when Dow closed at 13,264.82.

The Nasdaq (COMP) jumped 56 points, or 1.9%, to 3,040. It was the highest closing level since Nov. 15, 2000.

And just in time for the rise in gas prices to blow the bottom out of it AGAIN. If you're smart you'll go to cash--before these corporations start showing losses.

Yep. The rich are still getting richer. This is all great news for me.

But you know what else is at new highs?

Food prices. They are seriously outpacing inflation.

So Obama's base is being Left Behind their Messiah's Rapture.

Speak for yourself.

I'm making more money than I every have.

then we'll have to report you to the treasury department for counterfeiting.

Was there a point to this thread ?

Or is this just Chris posting his weekly wet dream.

Obama has done a good [drool] job.......

He is so freaking popular, there are places in the country he probably is scared to visit.

He is so freaking popular, there are places in the country he probably is scared to visit.

He's just repeating it over and over again so it seems true to him. For the 10's of millions out of work it's a different story.

The stock market has doubled since the stimulus.
3.9 million private sector jobs have been created since 2009.
GDP has been growing since 2009.
Americans net worth is up $9 trillion dollars since 2009.
Auto sales are up. Retail sales are up. Home sales are up. Unemployment is down.
GM was saved, and is now the number one automaker in the world.
Obama has done a very good job.

Speak for yourself.

So, I suppose you'll be going on the Treasury Department's WEB site and making extra tax payments, right?

Speak for yourself.

So, I suppose you'll be going on the Treasury Department's WEB site and making extra tax payments, right?

No, just my $19,000 check will do.

Forum List

Back