Dow Jones down 900 in opening hour of trading

The Dow went from I think 18000 to about 29500 in 3 years or so, I never thought the market was the place Trump should have been touting as it had to correct at some point. He should have focused on jobs, wages and tax cuts to the middle class.

It's frightening that few are even curious about the virus source, it's a convenient excuse for a market sell off.

I also wonder how many shorted the index at 29k and are now laughing.

Trump got the Stock Market at a couple hundred points shy of 20K. It is now at 24,800 and he has been boasting about it... This is also after Stock market boosting tax cut...

Compare that to Obama : he got the stockMarket at 6000 and gave it back at 20000..... If Trump got a smell of that he would be screaming it everyday... Truth is Trump likes to say to his Rich buddies that he made them richer... Now he goes to them as a failure and no Tax Cut looks good now...

1000 down from today's opening bell?

Yep... I think so...
minor rally... back to 900 down... this is dangerous...
I don't think so.

I think it's a long overdue correction of an overvalued stock market.

It could be... But doesn't that make it worse on Trump...

GDP Growth 2.1%, is average and getting lower
Unemployment is low but only 1% better than he inherited
He increased borrowing (from Obama) by 2.1%, same number as he increased borrowing
Now the Stock market is going down badly, if this is a correction it is worse for Trump.
Since all this can be blamed on economic malpractice and a retarded response to this emergency it will be difficult to shift blame.
That is hardly the reason, lol...the entire world's markets are affected, not just the US.

Aren't curbs supposed to be placed when the market goes too low too fast? When will this take place?

Could close the market for the day but that sends a real bad message unless something changes over the weekend.

I don't know if they are allowed to cut off automated trading... 80% of trades are automated...

Interest rates won't stop this and might even show Government are panicking

In perspective:
Black Monday was a 22.5% drop...

This one is presently at 16% drop...

22,860 would be a 22.5% drop...

In perspective:

And the market was already 16% below its peak before Black Monday

The numbers will be the numbers on this...

Hard to say what is going to happen... Market looks weak but trying to rally.

We can a portion blame afterwards...

The Dow went from I think 18000 to about 29500 in 3 years or so, I never thought the market was the place Trump should have been touting as it had to correct at some point. He should have focused on jobs, wages and tax cuts to the middle class.

It's frightening that few are even curious about the virus source, it's a convenient excuse for a market sell off.

Trump got the Stock Market at a couple hundred points shy of 20K. It is now at 24,800 and he has been boasting about it... This is also after Stock market boosting tax cut...

Compare that to Obama : he got the stockMarket at 6000 and gave it back at 20000..... If Trump got a smell of that he would be screaming it everyday... Truth is Trump likes to say to his Rich buddies that he made them richer... Now he goes to them as a failure and no Tax Cut looks good now...
We have very few cases compared to other countries but masks are hard to come by for purchase. You gonna blame that on Trump, too?

Yep... I think so...
I don't think so.

He increased borrowing (from Obama) by 2.1%, same number as he increased borrowing
Now the Stock market is going down badly, if this is a correction it is worse for Trump.
Since all this can be blamed on economic malpractice and a retarded response to this emergency it will be difficult to shift blame.
That is hardly the reason, lol...the entire world's markets are affected, not just the US.

World markets take a cue from US... Global Economy...

I don't think so.

World markets take a cue from US... Global Economy...
Asia is lower than we are right now.

Yep... I think so...
I don't think so.

The great recession was also a world-wide economic disaster but it started right here in our mortgage industry. When the US goes down we take everyone with us. Since Trump was already using every tool at his disposal to artificially juice the economy there is now little that can be done to restore confidence. We've been talking about this risk for a long while now while Trump kept acting as if this was all proper and would last for a long time to come. He wanted all the credit, now he takes the blame.

This is not good....

Dow Jones INDEX TODAY | DJIA LIVE TICKER | Dow Jones QUOTE & CHART | Markets Insider

At one point it looked like a 1000 in an hour.

Trump's presser did not calm them down.
  • He appoint Pence in charge who has a history mishandling HIV epidemic and saying smoking doesn't kill you, so he is going to listen to actual scientists.
  • Puts a gag order on real scientists, one got an order of freedom from GW Bush
  • Trump gets one fact after another wrong
So the Market does what is does...
Thanks, Obama

Aren't curbs supposed to be placed when the market goes too low too fast? When will this take place?

Could close the market for the day but that sends a real bad message unless something changes over the weekend.

I don't know if they are allowed to cut off automated trading... 80% of trades are automated...

In perspective:

Maybe it's the automated trading that is making it look like everyone is panicking. If there were preset minimums when the stock had to be sold, there you go. No human decision behind it.

This is not good....

Dow Jones INDEX TODAY | DJIA LIVE TICKER | Dow Jones QUOTE & CHART | Markets Insider

• He appoint Pence in charge who has a history mishandling HIV epidemic and saying smoking doesn't kill you, so he is going to listen to actual scientists.
Trump's presser confirmed the fact that Trump is feckless and incompetent.

This is not good....

Trump's presser confirmed the fact that Trump is feckless and incompetent.
Please feel feel to ad lib a one hour presser on any given medical issue.

Trump got the Stock Market at a couple hundred points shy of 20K.

The day Hillary lost, the Dow closed at 18,332.
You're not giving lame-duck Obama credit for the 1400 point rally
after the election, are you?

LOL!!!

Compare that to Obama : he got the stockMarket at 6000 and gave it back at 20000..

The day Obama took office, the Dow opened at 8,280.

In perspective:

Maybe it's the automated trading that is making it look like everyone is panicking. If there were preset minimums when the stock had to be sold, there you go. No human decision behind it.
Could be. Having 2 days for companies to assess the market may be just what we needed.

This is not good....

As a buyer of stocks, why is this not good? I put away 20% of my pay in a 401k. I don’t understand why a market crash is bad when I’m buying stocks right now. Are we getting great deals now because the market took a dump? I have 13 years before I retire all I care about is buying low. So a market crash should be good for people who are buyers.

Over a 1000 down now 1 hour 15 min into todays trading..
1000 down from today's opening bell?

Yep... I think so...
I don't think so.

The market has been in bubble territory for sometime and would so enough reset. Since it is occurring during the CV outbreak, it is great timing for Trump. He can and will blame the market crash and the ensuing economic decline on something completely out of his control. He is one lucky carrot.

This is not good....

As a buyer of stocks, why is this not good? I put away 20% of my pay in a 401k. I don’t understand why a market crash is bad when I’m buying stocks right now. Are we getting great deals now because the market took a dump? I have 13 years before I retire all I care about is buying low. So a market crash should be good for people who are buyers.

As a buyer of stocks, why is this not good? I put away 20% of my pay in a 401k. I don’t understand why a market crash is bad when I’m buying stocks right now.

You're making sense.

Are you OK? Fever? Chills?

Forum List

Back