Dow Is Tanking ?

I lost 50,000 from my 401K under George W. Bush. Under President Obama, my 401K came back..and I made a tidy profit from my own personal portfolio which I used to renovate the Co-op in Manhattan I now rent out.

You can keep George W. Bush's economy. It was to expensive for me.

Techniically, you've "made" nothing on your 401K...

That money is untouchable until you retire, so it's all just a valuation at this point...

The value of my 401k has gone up under both Booooooosh and your 0ssiah... Perhaps you got bad investment advice for it to tank 50K...

No.

The money is very real.

And you can withdraw it before retirement. Not a good move..but it's possible.

And the drops occurred when the shit hit the fan..twice.

Withdrawing from a 401K is idiotic and the wrong move. Quit fucking up. It's not a bank account where you can draw from when you need a bag of groceries or a new deck on your "co-op" (whatever the fuck that is).

Are you intelligent enough to understand a 401K ?

Either you, or your investment broker is a blithering idiot.

Seriously.

I thought we on an upswing - you know, LEADERSHIP

God, do I miss George W. Bush

Hell, at this point, I'd take Carter - and I lived through that freaking mess..........

Economic Fears Slam Wall Street, Stocks Plunge - FoxBusiness.com
The Democrats never said the stock market would go up if the raised the debt ceiling....did they?

The DOW is tanking because the economy sucks. Blaming that squarely on Obama is just GOP electioneering...it's much more complicated than that.

I listened to Rush this morning, now Fox is on it too. Conservative media is just ticked because they really were hoping that they could keep anything from getting done.

Tanking?

Its still around 12,000. And THATS with all the bad news.
That's a whole nother sidetrack. I was just using the OP's own terminology.

Double-Dip Recession is almost here. The Skyrocketing Food & Gas Prices were the first indications it was coming. Just check out the prices in your local Grocery Store. They have been quietly soaring. Gas Prices will tick up again very soon too. It's a real mess. I just read that Mexico's Unemployment Rate is actually half of what ours is. They're at 4.5% now,while we're at 9.4%. We may now have the worst Economy on the North American Continent. Did anyone think they would ever live to see that day? Yikes!

MW-AL793_aug_ts_MD_20110729084358.jpg

Let sleeping bears lie

"Trading the markets in August can be tricky under the best of circumstances, as high volatility and lighter volumes play havoc. But that can make for profitable opportunities as well. "

Trading Strategies

I lost 50,000 from my 401K under George W. Bush. Under President Obama, my 401K came back..and I made a tidy profit from my own personal portfolio which I used to renovate the Co-op in Manhattan I now rent out.

That money is untouchable until you retire, so it's all just a valuation at this point...

The value of my 401k has gone up under both Booooooosh and your 0ssiah... Perhaps you got bad investment advice for it to tank 50K...

No.

The money is very real.

If you withdraw now it any gains you make will be negated by taxes and penalties, so you've "made" nothing...

No.

The money is very real.

Withdrawing from a 401K is idiotic and the wrong move. Quit fucking up. It's not a bank account where you can draw from when you need a bag of groceries or a new deck on your "co-op" (whatever the fuck that is).

Seriously.

Reading not your strong point?

Re-read and get back to me.

No.

The money is very real.

If you withdraw now it any gains you make will be negated by taxes and penalties, so you've "made" nothing...

Yeah - but, he's "rolling" in the "profits" he made in his 401K under Obama.

He comes across as a fucking moron.

That is complete crapola.

I am one of those anal retentive "check on my account daily" people who enjoyed a strong 401K under Bush - with profits - as well as an exceptional home value (upwards, always). Every day when I checked - up and healthy !

I am not even going to go into how much I LOST in my 401K under "Assclown's" first 18 months, so take your fantasy of "he's doing a better job than Bush" and shove it.

He isn't. Anyone with a fucking calculator can show you.

BTW - what's a co-op ? A chicken coop ?

Where I come from we call it a home, with acreage. And if you're lucky - it's got a pond to fish in.

:lol:

As long as you erase the last 5 months of the Bush Presidency this post isn't complete bullshit.

No.

The money is very real.

That's correct.

But the money is not "untouchable".

No.

The money is very real.

Seriously.

Actually, reading/English are my strong points.

What are yours?

Surely not finance / investments / the economy

Last edited:
No.

The money is very real.

Yeah - but, he's "rolling" in the "profits" he made in his 401K under Obama.

He comes across as a fucking moron.

Now now Jethro..

Ma might not like you a talkin' like thet near the fishin' pond.

No.

The money is very real.

That's correct.

But the money is not "untouchable".

No shit, Sherlock.

I can withdraw all seven figures today.

Do you know how idiotic and costly that would be?

You've made such a dumb-fuck move with a 401K ?

Seriously.

Actually, reading/English are my strong points.

What are yours?

Surely not finance / investments / the economy

Which/English/Reading/Is/Your/Strong/Point/

The new english with "/" between words? :lol:

That is complete crapola.

I am one of those anal retentive "check on my account daily" people who enjoyed a strong 401K under Bush - with profits - as well as an exceptional home value (upwards, always). Every day when I checked - up and healthy !

I am not even going to go into how much I LOST in my 401K under "Assclown's" first 18 months, so take your fantasy of "he's doing a better job than Bush" and shove it.

He isn't. Anyone with a fucking calculator can show you.

BTW - what's a co-op ? A chicken coop ?

Where I come from we call it a home, with acreage. And if you're lucky - it's got a pond to fish in.
Gee, the stock market nearly doubled under Obama and you lost money on the growing market! Obviously you were one of the America haters who bet against this great country and shorted the market!!! You America haters who bet against this great country DESERVED to lose money!!! :fu:

You America haters who bet against this great country DESERVED to lose money!!! :fu:
I'm a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian...but I know a ton of liberals....and I don't know even one liberal who hates America.
My quote that you edited out of context was not directed to Libs but to the whining loser Warrior who claimed to have lost money since Obama became president. Since the market has grown to nearly double what it was when Obama accurately called the bottom in March of 2009, the only way the asshole could have lost money was to have followed his MessiahRushie's advice and shorted the market.

Barack Obama, Stock Market Guru? - Capital Journal - WSJ
The then-new president made some waves back on March 3—when the Dow Jones Industrial Average had just fallen nearly 300 points and was on its way to a 12-year low—by saying it was a good time to buy stocks. “What you’re now seeing is profit and earning ratios are starting to get to the point where buying stocks is a potentially good deal, if you’ve got a long-term perspective on it,” he said from the Oval Office.
Turns out that was pretty good advice.
The president called the market’s bottom almost precisely. The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell a little further that day. But two days later, it bottomed out at 6626. Since then it has moved steadily upward

December 3, 2009
RUSH: Yeah, that was then.

CALLER: That was then.

RUSH: Now "enlightened investor" means something entirely different. (laughing) An "enlightened investor" today is selling short.

Forum List

Back