Dow hits 10,000

You mean after inflation there's a boom? Who would have predicted that!? But this time there certainly won't be a bust...

Get ready for the sell off, there is no such thing as a jobless recovery, when people don't have jobs, they don't buy anything but the absolute necessity's, therefore companies and business's don't show the profits, down, down goes the market. Down, down is the value of our dollar. If I were in the market now, I would think seriously about starting to short sell it.

" A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get it's pants on." Winston Churchill.

Yea, 16% real unimployment and we're out of the recession!

Its like the clueless Michigan Governor bragging about creating 11,000 "green" jobs in 2020 after losing over 700,000 jobs.

you know i remember hiring and back during the boom days......i also rememebr working on job sites with very unqualified people.....

those people should have remained unemployed and now they are....

i would say that about 5% of the unemployed need to be absorbed back in and all will be well.....

my company is at the tipping point of starting to rehire....i would expect it to satrt in the first quarter of 10.....

i think everyone will continue to hold tight through the holidays.....

and the market is climbing in advance of that push.....

Jobs are the last economic indicator to recover; that's why they are called a market lagger.

Maple is called a 'market maple', because his logic turns all syrupy and runny, just don't make no sense a'tall. Ayup.

I am so busy I can barely keep up.

God bless this recovery.

Ain't gonna be no recover when the dollar collapses. You can only live in the delusion that paper is money, credit is prosperity, and spending without productions or savings is economically feasible for so long before it all comes crashing down.

We're all about to be up shit creek without a paddle... except for all the smart mother fuckers who bought some gold and silver.

Blame it on Obama. Damn it, he's unscrewing the the Bush economic boom.:razz:

didn't the bush admin preside over the run up from 2001 to 2008......didn't the bush admin preside over the stimulus bill and pass that to the obama admin.....the obama admin has purchased a controling interest two auto companys and maintained union wages in the uaw, teamstsers and teachers unions....

as for private industry...the ones traded on the nyse.....they seem to be the ones investors have confidence in.....

how are government bonds doing at the moment.......

Ain't gonna be no recover when the dollar collapses. You can only live in the delusion that paper is money, credit is prosperity, and spending without productions or savings is economically feasible for so long before it all comes crashing down.

We're all about to be up shit creek without a paddle... except for all the smart mother fuckers who bought some gold and silver.

a week dollar makes america and american products affordable to other countries.....

which means other nations will start buying the shit we sell which means we will need to make more of it and hire people to make it....it will als mean that we may need to satrt buying our own shit as other nations shit will be too expensive.....

having a lot of gold an silver is all well and fine....but you will need to sell it and you will end up with dollars ..... sooooooooooo ....

a week dollar makes america and american products affordable to other countries.....

which means other nations will start buying the shit we sell which means we will need to make more of it and hire people to make it....it will als mean that we may need to satrt buying our own shit as other nations shit will be too expensive.....

having a lot of gold an silver is all well and fine....but you will need to sell it and you will end up with dollars ..... sooooooooooo ....

True.

Too bad we don't make anything here anymore.

If oil is tied euros, you better believe we will start manufacturing again.

Ludwig von Mises Institute - Homepage

Click on the link if you want to learn real economics. Keynes was wrong... thus why we got the problems we have today.

you know i remember hiring and back during the boom days......i also rememebr working on job sites with very unqualified people.....

those people should have remained unemployed and now they are....

i would say that about 5% of the unemployed need to be absorbed back in and all will be well.....

my company is at the tipping point of starting to rehire....i would expect it to satrt in the first quarter of 10.....

i think everyone will continue to hold tight through the holidays.....

and the market is climbing in advance of that push.....

Many companies fired too many people. That's why productivity grew 6.6% in the last quarter. Now, as inventories are replenished and growth restarts - albeit at a slower pace - hiring will pick up within the next six months.

The dollar is not going to collapse.

Collapse against what? If the dollar went to three euros, it would gut the manufacturing base of Europe. That is not going to happen.

What those waiting for a dollar collapse don't understand is that the dollar cannot collapse against other fiat currencies without destroying the world economy. Because of that, the policy makers in other countries will not allow that to happen and devalue their own currencies alongside the dollar. This, I believe, is happening now, and why gold is headed higher IMHO.

The dollar is not going to collapse.

Collapse against what? If the dollar went to three euros, it would gut the manufacturing base of Europe. That is not going to happen.

What those waiting for a dollar collapse don't understand is that the dollar cannot collapse against other fiat currencies without destroying the world economy. Because of that, the policy makers in other countries will not allow that to happen and devalue their own currencies alongside the dollar. This, I believe, is happening now, and why gold is headed higher IMHO.

That may be true, but they can't control everything.

It happened in the Weimar Republic and Zimbabwe, and I doubt they planned on it happening.

Blue collar worms eye view in a steel mill. We were warned that there would be a week production layoff in September. Didn't happen, the remaining crews worked overtime to get orders out. We were told the same for October. Now it looks like the end of the month is going to be busy. And the rolling mill just got a 40,000 plus ton order.

Management is telling us not to put to much credance in the last two months, but it does look much more hopeful than it did six months ago.

Real estate is moving better here in Portland than it has in the last six months, and, maybe, just maybe, I can retire in the early spring. 66+ is a bit long in the tooth for a steel mill millwright.

Forum List

Back