DOW Futures Shows A 26,000 Mark.Gonna Be Hard For Liberals To Compare This To The Obama Early Years.

No comparison. Republicans tanked the economy under Dubya, while Obama handed Trump a strong one.

Says the person who thinks 2% growth was the new norm-)
to no surprise,,the room rats are looking at the DOW from 2009 to 2016,,,,when this thread is referring to 2017 to the Present. 26,000? Obama couldnt even come close to 20,000 !!!!

No comparison. Republicans tanked the economy under Dubya, while Obama handed Trump a strong one.

Says the person who thinks 2% growth was the new norm-)
to no surprise,,the room rats are looking at the DOW from 2009 to 2016,,,,when this thread is referring to 2017 to the Present. 26,000? Obama couldnt even come close to 20,000 !!!!
Obama could even come close to 20,000??

1.19.17, Obama’s final full day in office...

In which rightard world is 19,732 “not even close to 20,000?”

Scratch a conservative and find a liar.

Last edited:
Call me when the DOW goes up 150% under Trump.

Loser.

Another genius that obviously doesn't understand the business cycle ..... :rolleyes:

Trump will never match Obama's percentage.

Like I said, you obviously don't understand how the business cycle works or that marginal gains are much easier to achieve when you're coming off a BOTTOM then when you're nearing the TOP.

.... not to mention the fact that Obama had almost nothing to do with stabilizing the financial system after the crash (that was accomplished during the Bush Administration led by Paulson, Bernanke, Geithner and assorted foreign Central Bankers), nor did he have much to do with the equities markets performance during his 8 years in office, The lions share of the credit there goes to historically loose monetary policy.

The fact the economy and the equities markets (which are forward looking by the way) are accelerating near the top of the cycle in an environment of monetary policy tightening and the unwinding of the Fed's balance sheet is indicative that Trump's doing at least something right with respect to making the climate more business friendly.

Thanks for explaining why the thread premise is retarded.
Yeah it is and you've managed to formulate responses that match.

Trump will not see an increase of 150% during his tenure regardless of business cycles.
A. You have no way of knowing that and haven't displayed enough understanding of the relevant factors to competently speculate on the probability of it happening.
B. Whether it happens or not is completely irrelevant to whether or not his economic policies are effective since it's nothing but an arbitrary apples to oranges comparison.

Obama never came close to 20,000 within 13 months of his Presidency, this is what the thread is all about!,,,so friggin stagnant for the first two years,,,then shoving Obama Care down the throats of all poor and middle class who where already in dire straights? typical Democrat! meanwhile,, Barry just goes golfing or off to Matha's Vinyard

Obama never came close to 20,000 within 13 months of his Presidency, this is what the thread is all about!,,,so friggin stagnant for the first two years,,,then shoving Obama Care down the throats of all poor and middle class who where already in dire straights? typical Democrat! meanwhile,, Barry just goes golfing or off to Matha's Vinyard
LOLOLOLOL

Notice how badly you got bitch-slapped earlier with your bullshit claim that Obama never got near 20000 that you had to modify it to be during his first 13 months.... half of which occurred during bush’s Great Recession which Obama had to clean up.

As far as golfing, trump has golfed 3 times as much as Obama up until this point. Where’s your outrage?

:lmao:

Oh, and not for nothin’, but.... from being sworn in until this date, the Dow has increased 31%. It increased 33% under Obama during this same period. And that’s even factoring in it was still crashing from Bush’s Great Recession during Obama’s first 6 weeks in office.

Last edited:
Call me when the DOW goes up 150% under Trump.

Loser.

Another genius that obviously doesn't understand the business cycle ..... :rolleyes:

Like I said, you obviously don't understand how the business cycle works or that marginal gains are much easier to achieve when you're coming off a BOTTOM then when you're nearing the TOP.

.... not to mention the fact that Obama had almost nothing to do with stabilizing the financial system after the crash (that was accomplished during the Bush Administration led by Paulson, Bernanke, Geithner and assorted foreign Central Bankers), nor did he have much to do with the equities markets performance during his 8 years in office, The lions share of the credit there goes to historically loose monetary policy.

The fact the economy and the equities markets (which are forward looking by the way) are accelerating near the top of the cycle in an environment of monetary policy tightening and the unwinding of the Fed's balance sheet is indicative that Trump's doing at least something right with respect to making the climate more business friendly.

Trump will not see an increase of 150% during his tenure regardless of business cycles.
A. You have no way of knowing that and haven't displayed enough understanding of the relevant factors to competently speculate on the probability of it happening.
B. Whether it happens or not is completely irrelevant to whether or not his economic policies are effective since it's nothing but an arbitrary apples to oranges comparison.
You have no way of knowing that

I do. I suspect you do as well given your expressions on the business cycle. Trump just matched Obama's first year, dope.

Do you believe, given the nature of the business cycle, that a recession may be a possibility in the coming years?

I'm surprised you don't know that the market was much lower in January of 2009 than it was in January of 2017.

Not a surprise at all.

You have no way of knowing that

I do. I suspect you do as well given your expressions on the business cycle. Trump just matched Obama's first year, dope.

Do you believe, given the nature of the business cycle, that a recession may be a possibility in the coming years?
With a Republican in the White House, it’s almost a given there will be a recession while trump is president.

Last edited:
Funniest thing yesterday was when the market had that big reversal and ended up lower,

the first RWnut post I saw about it tried to blame the Democrats.

I win again! lol

Forum List

Back