Dow climbs above 9,000

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
A mix of good news about profits, housing and dealmaking sparked a broad-based stock rally in the U.S. Thursday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average crossing above 9000 for the first time since January.

The blue-chip average was recently up 136 points, or 1.5%, at 9017.44, boosted by gains in all four components that had just released earnings or were due to announce after the closing bell. AT&T rose 3.5% and 3M was up 5.6%. Both announced declines in second-quarter profits that were smaller than analysts expected.

Microsoft was up 3.7%, and American Express was up 1.8%. Both Dow components are due to report after the closing bell.

But McDonald's weighed on the Dow after reporting an 8% decline in second-quarter earnings.

The National Association of Realtors said existing-home sales rose again in June, but prices are still down sharply compared to last year. Home resales rose by 3.6%, to a 4.89 million annual rate from a revised 4.72 million in May.

MarketWatch.com Story

i think by the end of the year it will go to 10,000 maybe.

But the right will somehow find a way to blame Obama for the economy but won't give him shit for credit if it does hit over 10,000:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tell me what does Obama have to do with Wallstreet?

The government doesn't control the market..... at least not yet.

Typical racist wanting to give Obama props for someone elses work.

Are you trying to take the title of "most racist " away from charliedumBass?

tomorrow probably wont get so good. microsoft didn't meet analyst expectations and shares have plummeted.

i think by the end of the year it will go to 10,000 maybe.

But the right will somehow find a way to blame Obama for the economy but won't give him shit for credit if it does hit over 10,000:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Tell me what does Obama have to do with Wallstreet?

The government doesn't control the market..... at least not yet.

Typical racist wanting to give Obama props for someone elses work.

Are you trying to take the title of "most racist " away from charliedumBass?

According to the CON$ervative Messiah of racism, EVERYTHING!!!

Obama Recession in Full Swing
November 6, 2008
RUSH: The truth about this is, the markets work six to nine months ahead. Everybody in the market is trying to figure out where we're going to be six to nine months ahead.

January 15,2009
RUSH: It's entirely fair to call this Obama's stock market because it's reacting to what Obama's plans are for the economy. It's not reacting to Bush. Bush isn't on anybody's mind here.

Financial markets are a rough predictor of future economic performance, and based upon what the markets know of Obama's plans, it's giving him a failing grade. I'm not being political. The markets deal in bottom lines. It takes the pulse of millions of investors, both in this country and abroad, to report the results, unfiltered.

Forum List

Back