Doug Hoffman lost but it's not a total loss.

In the bigger picture his loss may be good but right now, it sucks.

Too bad Hoffman was such a weak candidate. Conservatives couldve really benefitted from a victory here.

Seems to be a trend with conservatives. They jump on the bandwagon of any candidate who speaks their dogma. Then, once the camera lights are on them they freeze up

Happened with Palin who could not answer basic questions on national issues

Happened with Hoffman who could not answer questions on local issues

Palin was not used to the National Spotlight, so it made sense she was a little rough, but I don't think she was as bad as many made her out to seem. Did you actually watch her and her interviews? She was not that bad. Hoffman, even worse I know, but again he was not used that kind of spotlight. And for local issues, he was running for Congress, last time I checked they work on National issues, too many memebers of the legislature worrying about local issues and being bought off by local interests is kinda at the core of the problem. How bout we let Congressman like Hoffman fix the system at the top so we can deal with the local issues back home in own local communities without worry that the FEDS are going to swoop in and tie our hands, regulate us and tax us to death.

If Hoffman cannot talk about the local or congressional issues in an intelligent, understandable manner, then let's leave him in the private sector at home.

If Hoffman cannot talk about the local or congressional issues in an intelligent, understandable manner, then let's leave him in the private sector at home.

It'll be interesting to see if Hoffman tries another run and if the Club for Growthers and talk radio crowd and the Teabaggers get behind him again. My first guess is that he will quietly disappear.

Your comment reminds me to ask whatever happened to Enid Greene of Salt Lake City. She was a one-time conservative flash in the pan. Neat lady to talk to, but, good heavens, was she a true-believing far right rock head.

Hoffman closed the gap to within 3K votes with 10K absentee ballots yet to be counted

It'll be interesting to see if Hoffman tries another run and if the Club for Growthers and talk radio crowd and the Teabaggers get behind him again. My first guess is that he will quietly disappear.

Just becasue CARPET MUNCHER MADDOW uses that term doesn't mean it isn't offense.

OK...work with me here...what was the message that "they" heard loud and clear from NY23?

Oh come on, VA. The dopey GOP put in Scozzafava, a RINO, Hoffman the conservative comes in, she folds and backs the Dem.

The people are sick of tired of the spend, spend, spending spree in DC. They (the people) backed a conservative because that's what they want. Gingrich and others who decided to back Hoffman after the fact? Fuck them . . . day late and a dollar short. The message that DC heard is that we, the people, are sick and tired of their shit -- the spending and massive government grab. And Pelosi comes in and spins her little spiel -- the NY23 race is the only race that really matters. Yes, completely disregard the two governors that went to Rep.

I disagree. The people of the NY 23rd district chose a Democrat over a conservative. End of story. Why do people like you and our wonderful media attempt to spin this tiny local election into a mandate on our Federal Government, POTUS and the like?

You would like to think that. Keep in mind that Owens campaigned and said as early as 84 hours before the election that he was opposed to the public option, he gets in and votes for it. I don't think he's going to be in congress too long, he is toast already, in fact, I don't think I would go home for thanksgiving. Instead of eating turkey for Thanksgiving he will be the turkey that his constiutents will have for dinner.:lol:

I think it is astounding in today's Politics for an unknown guy who is rather geeky on all fronts, only had 30 days and he almost won. Not to mention he didn't have the bucks either. Those facts alone would give any opposing party pause.

If he did not have the bucks or backing--how did you learn about him??

That is right---you learned from his backers that had the bucks and apparatus to inform the nation. The media helped him out and the question I ask is why?

Maybe they are testing their "political" muscles---what do you think??

I think it is astounding in today's Politics for an unknown guy who is rather geeky on all fronts, only had 30 days and he almost won. Not to mention he didn't have the bucks either. Those facts alone would give any opposing party pause.

If he did not have the bucks or backing--how did you learn about him??

That is right---you learned from his backers that had the bucks and apparatus to inform the nation. The media helped him out and the question I ask is why?

Maybe they are testing their "political" muscles---what do you think??

But before that happened he was coming from behind. I guess I can't say for sure how much money he ended up getting but I know he was still trying to raise 125,000.00 to keep some ads going when Owens had already spent over 600,000.00 ???

I'll try to find some figures.

Forum List

Back