Doug Hoffman lost but it's not a total loss.

I'm still wondering in what universe is a loss actually considered a win?

Matter of fact, I went down to the tea bagger rally here in Amarillo today, and asked one of 'em when they got off stage, why they said what they said?

Mainly, she was trying to hold Sarah Palin up as a role model for conservative women, and, well.......she quits halfway through anything she does, how is that a role model?

And I'm kinda wondering about this as well.........how the fuck can a loss be considered "winning"?
Sometimes defeat is necessary for something even greater.

In Hoffman's case, it is very clear that less is not more.

The Conservatives lost not only the district but any respect they had with other Americans.

Why do you say that? I think many conservatives are energized that we came so close against so many odds. If Dede didn't drop out it would have went to him, hands down.

Hoffman, a Third Party Candidate running in a Blue State lost by less than Corzine, a Democrat running in one of the bluest states.

corzine%20obama.jpg

Hoffman is a Third party candidate; neither Republican nor Democrat.

Speaking of total losses:

In Westchester County, which went 64% for the Muslim Marxist in 2008, Republican Rob Astorino demolished three term incumbent Democrat Andy Spano 58-42! As recently as 2005, Spano defeated Astorino by double digits

And this was with the despicable, scumbag, I never heard of them until two months ago, Westchester County "Conservative" Organization endorsing the Liberal Democrat Spano AND having him on the line as a CONSERVATIVE. One of the few times in my life I voted on R instead of C.

Let me repeat that in blue Westchester County, the Republican shellacked the incumbent Democrat 58-42

http://www.news12.com/articleDetail....&rand=76976713

You know.........every time I saw that dude on television, he had a look like he'd just crossed the highway, and there was a semi bearing down upon him in the dark.

Shit........I even went looking for Glenn Blech's interview of him. Fucking lamest interview I ever saw.

Had me wondering if that was him getting briefed on what the GOP wanted him to do by Beck, and that is the talking points he had to use for the election.

Hey........it's plausible.

In my opinion it is a shame Doug Hoffman lost in the 23rd district race. It's only one seat in the House so it's not really a big deal in larger scope of things, but it would have been nice to see the Tea Party movement be successful. Instead the Huffington Post and all it's little minions are already poking fun at the "Tea Baggers" for losing. In my opinion Owens won due to a cool calculated plan between his camp and that of Dede Scozzafava. When a person drops out of a race a few days before an election the ballots are already printed and people already know who they are going to vote for. Dede cared more about having another Liberal in House than she did about being the person to represent her constituents. That's why dropping out made the most sense because dropping out and giving her support for the Democrat opponent would split her base between those who wanted a Liberal and those who wanted a Conservative. Then the remaining group would seal the Deal.

The Dumb Asses strike again. The Dumb Ass vote wins another election for A Democrat. 6% voted for Dede anyway even after she dropped out. Those are the Dumb Asses who made up their mind weeks ago to vote for her and then they tuned back in to American Idol and the World Series. mostly those are people who only vote by party but since Dede is a women, "we think" some of those folks might have also voted for her to show sexual solidarity. You know the whole sisterhood of the traveling pants suit thing.

Anyway, in this election I don't put all the blame on the 6% Dumb Ass population in Upstate New york, I also blame their local GOP party folks who put her on the ballot to begin with. They obviously did not pick a person who represented the folks in that area. If Half of Dede's vote went one direction and the other went for Hoffman with a 6% gap of Dumb Asses and 45% for Hoffman I think it's safe to say that if the GOP in upstate New york would have put their full faith and support in Hoffman from day one, he would be the new Congressman in Dist. 23. If they Had picked him Newt Gingrich would have given his support from day one and all the RNC base support would have gone to Hoffman as well that would have but him over the top and the whole situation would be very different.

In summary I don't think it's so much a loss for the folks who put their support in Hoffman as it is victory. We were able to show the RNC that we want more candidates like Doug Hoffman in the future. If they want to continue offering folks like Dede Scozzafave and John McCain then the GOP will keep losing elections.

Let see--Hoffman started his campaign like a month before the election

So Scuzzy, a card carrying Republican, hooked up with OWE-U, a card carrying democrat, came together and plotted on how Owe-U would win the election by throwing her support behind him.

The only thing that could lend credit to this is the idea that Scuzzy may have felt it was her time to run for a national office, and was betrayed by the very Party she spent her whole life supporting for someone with next to no experience in politics.

In my opinion, Scuzzy did not betray her fellow Republicans, Republicans betrayed Scuzzy and got what was their due.

Hoffman lost because he was a Conservative, not because he was lame.

In my opinion it is a shame Doug Hoffman lost in the 23rd district race. It's only one seat in the House so it's not really a big deal in larger scope of things, but it would have been nice to see the Tea Party movement be successful. Instead the Huffington Post and all it's little minions are already poking fun at the "Tea Baggers" for losing. In my opinion Owens won due to a cool calculated plan between his camp and that of Dede Scozzafava. When a person drops out of a race a few days before an election the ballots are already printed and people already know who they are going to vote for. Dede cared more about having another Liberal in House than she did about being the person to represent her constituents. That's why dropping out made the most sense because dropping out and giving her support for the Democrat opponent would split her base between those who wanted a Liberal and those who wanted a Conservative. Then the remaining group would seal the Deal.

The Dumb Asses strike again. The Dumb Ass vote wins another election for A Democrat. 6% voted for Dede anyway even after she dropped out. Those are the Dumb Asses who made up their mind weeks ago to vote for her and then they tuned back in to American Idol and the World Series. mostly those are people who only vote by party but since Dede is a women, "we think" some of those folks might have also voted for her to show sexual solidarity. You know the whole sisterhood of the traveling pants suit thing.

Anyway, in this election I don't put all the blame on the 6% Dumb Ass population in Upstate New york, I also blame their local GOP party folks who put her on the ballot to begin with. They obviously did not pick a person who represented the folks in that area. If Half of Dede's vote went one direction and the other went for Hoffman with a 6% gap of Dumb Asses and 45% for Hoffman I think it's safe to say that if the GOP in upstate New york would have put their full faith and support in Hoffman from day one, he would be the new Congressman in Dist. 23. If they Had picked him Newt Gingrich would have given his support from day one and all the RNC base support would have gone to Hoffman as well that would have but him over the top and the whole situation would be very different.

In summary I don't think it's so much a loss for the folks who put their support in Hoffman as it is victory. We were able to show the RNC that we want more candidates like Doug Hoffman in the future. If they want to continue offering folks like Dede Scozzafave and John McCain then the GOP will keep losing elections.

Let see--Hoffman started his campaign like a month before the election

So Scuzzy, a card carrying Republican, hooked up with OWE-U, a card carrying democrat, came together and plotted on how Owe-U would win the election by throwing her support behind him.

The only thing that could lend credit to this is the idea that Scuzzy may have felt it was her time to run for a national office, and was betrayed by the very Party she spent her whole life supporting for someone with next to no experience in politics.

In my opinion, Scuzzy did not betray her fellow Republicans, Republicans betrayed Scuzzy and got what was their due.

I don't think they planned it from day one, but neither thought Hoffman was going to get any serious support. When it became clear he was a serious contender "Scuzzy" droped out, then she had a choice, support the guy who would work with HER party, or support the guy who would serve Pelosi and the other party.

The rest is history.

The history will read the Conservative movement shot its bolt in the NY 23rd in 2009, I do think.

But I am not the one who looks into the crystal ball, so who knows what's going to happen.

In the bigger picture his loss may be good but right now, it sucks.

Too bad Hoffman was such a weak candidate. Conservtives couldve really benefitted from a victory here.

In Hoffman's case, it is very clear that less is not more.

The Conservatives lost not only the district but any respect they had with other Americans.

Why do you say that? I think many conservatives are energized that we came so close against so many odds. If Dede didn't drop out it would have went to him, hands down.

This is what I was hoping for, Hoffman doing just well enough to fool the rightwing extremists into believing that they can oust some more moderate Republicans in the primaries and assure the R's lose in swing districts.

I think trying to wrestle a "moral victory" by arguing "Hoffman got in late" and "Hoffman had no money" is just hogwash.

Hoffman got more than a million from the Club for Growth and spent every bit as much if not more than Owens.

Hoffman lost because Conservatism is not mainstream enough: tough but true.

Hoffman lost because Conservatism is not mainstream enough: tough but true.

I would say "his brand" of conservatism isn't widely subscribed to enough to get a win - even in a relatively conservative district. Which is encouraging to me - I'm conservative on several issues - mainly spending and abortion - but even I can't hang in there with this mean-spirited, self-absorbed brand of "conservatism" that is being sold as "real conservatisim" these days.

In the bigger picture his loss may be good but right now, it sucks.

Too bad Hoffman was such a weak candidate. Conservatives couldve really benefitted from a victory here.

Seems to be a trend with conservatives. They jump on the bandwagon of any candidate who speaks their dogma. Then, once the camera lights are on them they freeze up

Happened with Palin who could not answer basic questions on national issues

Happened with Hoffman who could not answer questions on local issues

Forum List

Back