Douchebag NJ Cops Don't Like Being Recorded

We all know why cops hate being recorded when they're intacting with citziens.

It interfers with their ability to do or say whatever the hell they want while on the job.

Sans video the cops are free to say or do whatever they need to say to win their case or just to harass citizens if they choose to.

Putting them on video means they actually might be held accountable for their actions.

Hell if they wanted to be held accountable for their actions, they wouldn't have become cops in the first place.

We all know why cops hate being recorded when they're intacting with citziens.

It interfers with their ability to do or say whatever the hell they want while on the job.

Sans video the cops are free to say or do whatever they need to say to win their case or just to harass citizens if they choose to.

Putting them on video means they actually might be held accountable for their actions.

Hell if they wanted to be held accountable for their actions, they wouldn't have become cops in the first place.

Hell if they wanted to be held accountable for their actions, they wouldn't have become cops in the first place

Actually that is not true, most people including me become a police officer with an idea of making a difference, sooner or later they wise up and see that there is nothing they can do thery either will be eaten up by the system or leave the system. Those who remain suchas these cops are on a power trip.

We discussed this last year when that guy from Maryland was arrested for video recording a police officer and charged with wiretapping or somesuch.

"In response to a flood of Facebook and YouTube videos that depict police abuse, a new trend in law enforcement is gaining popularity. In at least three states, it is now illegal to record any on-duty police officer.

Even if the encounter involves you and may be necessary to your defense, and even if the recording is on a public street where no expectation of privacy exists.

The legal justification for arresting the "shooter" rests on existing wiretapping or eavesdropping laws, with statutes against obstructing law enforcement sometimes cited. Illinois, Massachusetts, and Maryland are among the 12 states in which all parties must consent for a recording to be legal unless, as with TV news crews, it is obvious to all that recording is underway. Since the police do not consent, the camera-wielder can be arrested."

Are Cameras the New Guns?

Each cop that put their hands on him need to be arrested and charged with assault.

And as soon as this is seen by a superior officer they need to be fired for abusing their authority.

It's cops like this that get the rest of them called pigs.

odd someone needs to tell those cops that you can record ..... remind me why our troops are fighting for the freedoms of others..while we are losing ours?

btw is that the jersey shore?

Looks like the boardwalk to me.

Someone also needs to tell them you can wear clothing with profanity on it as well.

(if it turns out they were really harassing him for the shirt)

Actually, I have a problem with that. I believe that the same 'community standards' laws that keep strip bars out should be able to regulate profanity in public.

Profanity is constitutionally permissable, however, obscenity is not. Cops don't seem to possess the intelligence necessary to make such distinctions.

odd someone needs to tell those cops that you can record ..... remind me why our troops are fighting for the freedoms of others..while we are losing ours?

Someone also needs to tell them you can wear clothing with profanity on it as well.

Actually, I have a problem with that. I believe that the same 'community standards' laws that keep strip bars out should be able to regulate profanity in public.

really? and lock good honest people up for speaking their mind? HOW MUCH OF A NAZI ARE YOU?

COPS as arbitors of language?

Yeah, now that's a great idea.

Cops deciding what we can say and how we can say it.

Many of you folks are going to fit in real well in the feudal authoriarian state that's developing.

You're nature born quislings at heart.

I would buy a t-shirt with every profanity I could think of and where it everywhere I go. You can search long and hard in the Constitution and never find a right not to be offended.

Forum List

Back