Double standard

I'm still hung up on the "you're using hate speech if somebody hates what you say" thing.

I've been flipped off. Have been called every name for simply having a McCain bumper sticker. Less than 10 minutes from me there's been a fire bombing of a McCain sign in someones personal yard. Then there's the sharpie to my husbands bumper sticker. I know for a fact that they are as vile if not more so than then Republicans.

oh :eusa_boohoo: Angel really. I've had three signs ripped out of my front yard, I've had my bumper sticker scraped off, taking the paint with it thanks and, with my daughter in the car, I've been called a ****** lover. So cry me a river. There are vile disgusting assholes on both sides but to say that the Dems are far worse is laughable. Perhaps people think Palin is **** because of her hate filled speechs towards Obama. Perhaps they think she's a **** because she doesn't own up to ANYTHING she's done in the past. Perhaps they think she's a **** for any myraid of reasons. Calling someone a **** isn't the same as calling them a terrorist.

You don't want to get painted with the same broad brush as these assholes then don't paint everyone on the other side with one. Both sides have a nasty side and to point fingers at only the Republicans is a double standard.

I'm sure if Obama people were yelling KILL HER, TERRRORIST, TRAITOR, OFF WITH HER HEAD, BOMB PALIN, et al, it would make the news. However, homemade t-shirts that say Sarah Palin is a **** aren't really news worthy unless they start being sold on Barack's website or if more than a sprinkling show up here or there.

eta: I don't condone the shirts at all. But they don't compare imo to the shit I've seen said about Obama

Last edited:
oh :eusa_boohoo: Angel really. I've had three signs ripped out of my front yard, I've had my bumper sticker scraped off, taking the paint with it thanks and, with my daughter in the car, I've been called a ****** lover. So cry me a river. There are vile disgusting assholes on both sides but to say that the Dems are far worse is laughable. Perhaps people think Palin is **** because of her hate filled speechs towards Obama. Perhaps they think she's a **** because she doesn't own up to ANYTHING she's done in the past. Perhaps they think she's a **** for any myraid of reasons. Calling someone a **** isn't the same as calling them a terrorist.

I'm sure if Obama people were yelling KILL HER, TERRRORIST, TRAITOR, OFF WITH HER HEAD, BOMB PALIN, et al, it would make the news. However, homemade t-shirts that say Sarah Palin is a **** aren't really news worthy unless they start being sold on Barack's website or if more than a sprinkling show up here or there.

eta: I don't condone the shirts at all. But they don't compare imo to the shit I've seen said about Obama
and the "shit you've seen" was just some asshole reporter, with nothing to back it up as ever being said

and the "shit you've seen" was just some asshole reporter, with nothing to back it up as ever being said

how the hell do you know what I've seen DC?

Like I said, I've been called a ****** lover more times in the last 5 months than I can count. I've been "saluted" with the white power sign several times going down the road. I've been flipped off, etc.

You might only watch Faux news which doesn't report on the hatefilled remarks coming out of the McCain rally's but if you do some research you'll find plenty to make your ears burn and your eyes pop.

The interesting thing about Obama is that first he got hate from Hillary supporters calling him foul things and now he gets it from McCain supporters.

Like I said, I've been called a ****** lover more times in the last 5 months than I can count. I've been "saluted" with the white power sign several times going down the road. I've been flipped off, etc.

You might only watch Faux news which doesn't report on the hatefilled remarks coming out of the McCain rally's but if you do some research you'll find plenty to make your ears burn and your eyes pop.

The interesting thing about Obama is that first he got hate from Hillary supporters calling him foul things and now he gets it from McCain supporters.

It comes with the job these days.

yeah yeah yeah, i've heard that too
yeah fox news doesnt report what YOU want them to
well guess what, they dont report what i want them to either

Forum List

Back