Double-Standard?

GotZoom said:
I don't think the police responded that quick.

1. She walks across the state.
2. Faculty dials 911
3. She walks back to her chair
4. Police have already pulled up and are in the church.
You're assuming that police were not on hand for the graduation as is the norm here in Vegas anyway.

Regardless, this proves nothing other than the fact that she got pregnant, the school made a decision and she ignored it. She says her education is the most important thing to her... apparently not. Apparently, at some point, having sex was more important.

freeandfun1 said:
Actually, I dropped out of school, got a job and paid the medical bills. I then joined the Army as soon as I could (17), got my GED and then went on and took college courses while in the Army and finished when I got out. I took responsibility for my role from day 1.

I was hoping you would say this...my hat goes off to you for taking responsibilty....Sure hope you still interact with this child!

Mr. P said:
In my daughters' school (it's private, but not Catholic) if a girl gets pregnant she's out (Expelled), and if the father is at the same school he's out too, that's the policy. Guess what? I've never heard of it happening in the 5 years we've been there.

Sounds like an effective policy!

GotZoom said:
Good for you! More fathers should follow your lead.

But to go back to the question.....

You would have been able to graduate had you stayed in school.
Probably, but so would she if she had had the child before the ceremony... which she would have. But she decided to graduate early and not attend the ceremony on her own. Again though, if she had been pregnant at the time of graduation, no, she would not have been allowed to participate. Safety was the reason why she couldn't attend the regular campus too. At the 'special' school, they had a nurse on-hand during classes in case anything happened.

archangel said:
I was hoping you would say this...my hat goes off to you for taking responsibilty....Sure hope you still interact with this child!
I talk to her everyday. She is now 21 and has a child of her own! (I'm a 37 y/o grandpa!)

freeandfun1 said:
I talk to her everyday. She is now 21 and has a child of her own! (I'm a 37 y/o grandpa!)

Damn a G/pa at 37...at least you will be young enough to enjoy all physical interaction with the young un....sports,outings etc...I am a young G/pa too...not quite as young as you...but do love doing things with my four grandkids!

freeandfun1 said:

Did you ever have the "Ummm...dad...I did the math and you were how old when I was born" conversation?

GotZoom said:
Did you ever have the "Ummm...dad...I did the math and you were how old when I was born" conversation?

Now you are putting Free on the defensive...hey he did right by her!I'm sure he has a good explanation!...lol

Boy, I don't see what the stink is all about. This was a private school. They can make their own rules, can't they? If they want to prevent a girl from parading across the stage for safety reasons or for moral reasons, that's their business, isn't it?

I think those two reasons are much more valid than some of the outraegeous incidents we've seen happening in the public schools - like arresting a child for carrying a play gun or putting a 5 year old in handcuffs for having a tantrum. Let's also not forget the other outraegeous things like brainwashing grade school children with the liberal sex & homo agenda.

archangel said:
Now you are putting Free on the defensive...hey he did right by her!I'm sure he has a good explanation!...lol

Of course he did the right thing. More men in the world need to follow his lead. Kids are smart though - I'm just curious.

ScreamingEagle said:
Boy, I don't see what the stink is all about. This was a private school. They can make their own rules, can't they? If they want to prevent a girl from parading across the stage for safety reasons or for moral reasons, that's their business, isn't it?

I think those two reasons are much more valid than some of the outraegeous incidents we've seen happening in the public schools - like arresting a child for carrying a play gun or putting a 5 year old in handcuffs for having a tantrum. Let's also not forget the other outraegeous things like brainwashing grade school children with the liberal sex & homo agenda.

However there is no stink...just debate on double-standards....!

GotZoom said:
Oh, she is well aware! ;) We talk about a LOT of things, but it took years for us to be close. Her grandmother put roadblocks in front of me for years trying to keep me from seeing her and her mother was too weak and wouldn't stand up to her mother. It has been difficult, but nowadays our relationship is better than ever because nobody can get in our way!

archangel said:
However there is no stink...just debate on double-standards....!

The "double standards" argument is a creation of the liberals. Do you really think that men and women are equal and the same? :D Anyway, the stink I was referring to was the stink being made by the relatives of the girl. You know they are the ones who pushed her to do this.

ScreamingEagle said:
The "double standards" argument is a creation of the liberals. Do you really think that men and women are equal and the same? :D Anyway, the stink I was referring to was the stink being made by the relatives of the girl. You know they are the ones who pushed her to do this.

Double standards per se has no party...can be found in the general publics opinion and actions....let's not make this a party thing...more in line with a parent thing!

archangel said:
Double standards per se has no party...can be found in the general publics opinion and actions....let's not make this a party thing...more in line with a parent thing!

I disagree. It is intrinsically related to the liberal movement. But carry on!

ScreamingEagle said:
I disagree. It is intrinsically related to the liberal movement. But carry on!

I am more likely than not more conservative than you...however I find it hard to believe that you equate "double-standards" as just a party line....It has been around long before our country was even formed... :rolleyes:
:dunno:

archangel said:
I am more likely than not more conservative than you...however I find it hard to believe that you equate "double-standards" as just a party line....It has been around long before our country was even formed... :rolleyes:
:dunno:

OK. I understand it when you say there has always been a "double standard" because -duh- there has always been two sexes. Having a double standard is not always bad nor is it always good either. The liberal agenda, however, is bent on erasing any difference between the two sexes in order to homogenize society into individual units and erase the family unit composed of two different sexes. Thus both sexes must always be treated the same as if there is no difference between the two. The school was only treating the girl differently from the boy for the obvious difference between the two sexes. It was not seemly to put on parade an obvious moral transgression nor a possible insurance risk as well.

ScreamingEagle said:

I agree with just about everything you have said, with the caveat that if the girl must suffer with the punishment, the boy should too, if he is at that school. Personally, I agree with the 'expulsion' idea for both 'parents'.

Forum List

Back