Double-dip recession 'inevitable'

For those of you who just cannot understand why some of us think that income and wealth inequity leads to deflationary recessions?

The following is one of the outcomes when the consuming class has no money or is too terrified to spend what they have...

He credited stocks' rise to central banks' infusing the global economy with money. He said the so-called velocity of money, the number of times a dollar is spent by consumers, has fallen to a record low in recent months, which he sees as another indicator of underlying weakness.

And it really doesn't matter how rich or smart or well intentioned the rich are, the monied class cannot revitalize the economy unless there is DEMAND coming from the consuming classes.

What we are seeing in our economy right now is the end game of over 30 years of supply side economics.

Suppy side economic policies are a good thing in some economic circumstances, of course, but when done to excess (as we have been doing) they lead to the economy we have today.

Trickle UP poverty is the result.

Last edited:
And for the record we never left the first recession, money was dumped on the markets and that makes numbers go up, but it didn't fix anything.
oney was also DUMPED into Unions as payback...same result.

Oney? Great song about a real working man who kicks his boss's ass on the day he retired.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzr4nA1thsQ]Johnny Cash - Oney - YouTube[/ame]

So we have the 'Conservatives' down on knees praying for 10% or more unemployment for their fellow Americans. And for a stock market crash. What a bunch of nice people.

Well, I hope that by November we see the market at 15,000, and unemployment at less than 6%. And the majority of the Teabaggers out of the Congress and Senate.

LAKSHMAN ACHUTHAN - Economix Blog - NYTimes.com

THe OPs writer cant seem to make up his mind

LAKSHMAN ACHUTHAN

See all tags »
October 28, 2010, 4:00 pm
Death to the Double-Dip Forecasts

By CATHERINE RAMPELL

Don’t worry about a double-dip, but don’t stop worrying altogether.

So write Lakshman Achuthan and Anirvan Banerji of the Economic Cycle Research Institute, which forecasts business cycle turns:

dude your record is way better than the OPs guy.

Everything you ever predicted that I have seen in the ten years I have known you on this series of tubes you were dead on.

And for the record we never left the first recession, money was dumped on the markets and that makes numbers go up, but it didn't fix anything.
It doesnt hurt have the media surgar coat everything for you as it ignores bad numbers and stories.

My record is waay better than virtually all of the Economic experts.

I saw this thing coming and got out of the market, bought gold eagles for around $600 and am sitting pretty. I lost not one dime in investments from the recession.

when it did hit, the experts said just a little adjustment 6 months and every thing will be fine.
I predicted at least a decade of sucky economics in the USA.
I was ridiculed by rightwingers for my predictions.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back