Johnson Double Digits and "not known" yet..

Discussion in 'Gary Johnson' started by flacaltenn, Jun 27, 2016.

1. flacaltenn

flacaltenn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,813
    Governors are uniquely aware of what Fed programs work and which don't. And they have a long list of gripes that will resonate with the public and IMPROVE government at ALL levels.

Couldn't be MORE outside than a rebel party with better outsiders. Let's check the list --- Clinton --- used to LIVE in the WH. Spent most of her CAREER in Wash. Trump -- penultimate influence buyer and crony capitalist..

Nope folks -- No OUTSIDERS other than 3rd party choices.. :banana:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43,248
    CAREER IN WASH...... That's all that is needed to know in this day of BREXIT... the people are FED UP with CAREER POLITICIANS, and being those people have been shown to make MILLIONS of dollars OFF their positions, instead of taking care of the people's business...who the fuck need them?....Wasn't it Buckley, DECADES ago that said he could pick 1000 people out of the Boston phone book and they would do a better job with the government than CAREER POLITICIANS!!!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,090

Well, that and the fact that Republicans chose him for their nominee.

4. Pumpkin Row

Pumpkin Row Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,160
    Democrats helped us out. He did better in open polls. Besides that, we also got Bush, McCain, and Romney as our nominees, and they're not really Republicans, either.

5. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,813
    Actually, don't want to go academic on you -- but that's not what happened. With the majority of states going to "open primaries" -- one is NEVER SURE nowadays what a "party primary" means. Knowing that your Blue State was safe for your Dem candidate -- you can just walk in and ask for the Rep ballot just to throw a monkey wrench and vice versa. And at any rate --- a small FRACTION of Reps actually "chose him for their nominee"..

Party primaries ought to be PARTY events. And there ought to be 4 or 6 of them to represent full spectrum of American politics.. Then -- in between the party events and the General Election -- there can be deals, alliances, endorsements, and all manner of "coalitions" with the "major" parties..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,090

So you finally admit republicans make really dumb choices?

7. flacaltenn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21,813
    I got to vote in TWO primaries. Totally legally. I walked in on primary day and decided to monkey wrench the GOP by choosing ONE candidate, but voting for 13 electors splitting my choices between my "1st choice" and my "2nd choice". I'll enjoy any chaos that creates at the convention.. Could have chosen to be a Dem for the day and done voted for Bernie -- just because I could..

Then --- I attended the Libertarian State convention and voted in my party's REAL primary. And made my choice known to the LP leadership. The LATTER is a REAL party primary..

(and it didn't cost the public a dime) :cool-45:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  8. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,090

So the republican made rules for the republican primaries are so dumb and screwed up till you end up with a crazy candidate, and you want to blame Democratic party members. More republicans voted for Trump than for any of the other republican clowns. He is exactly what right wing radio has been demanding for years, and you finally got what you wanted. Take responsibility for your own dumb crap for once.

9. Pumpkin Row

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,160
    What do you mean finally? I've never defended the Republican party tooth and nail, of course they've made poor decisions. there have been better choices than what we got numerous times, and I've hated it. The only solace to Bush was that we got him over Gore. McCain and Romney would have been better than Obama, but there were better choices than them, also. It's actually sad that we get so many lefties winning the Republican nomination, they're barely better than the actual Democrat choices. I'd even consider Martin O'Malley over Trump, just barely. He's worlds better than Hillary, but the lefties passed him up. Republicans have been forced far too many times to vote for the lesser of two evils, and that's a trend that is still continuing.

10. Pumpkin Row

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,160
    I get the feeling you didn't actually read his post. He pointed out what happened, then you blatantly ignored it and made another false statement.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1