Dose of Reality - Unemployment Rate

Your chart demonstrates that Obama took a bad thing and made it worse. Things got better after fracking, which Obama opposed.
Trump has continued the trend of improvement.

The top poster doesn't know much about charts apparently. If you look closely you'll see that the 2008 crash caused the spike in unemployment. So by the time Obama was done with his term the only thing he did was preside over the recovery back to original employment levels which werent all that good prior to the crash. In other words the bounce-back was going to happen reflexively with or without Obama's presence. The progress made in decreasing unemployment under Trump is above and beyond what the 2008 levels were.

It's now time for the top poster to Homer-slap himself in the head and say D'oh!

Jo
Meh, it's just a continuation of an ongoing trend. It would doubtless be the same no matter who is president.

Your chart demonstrates that Obama took a bad thing and made it worse.
:spinner:
If you would sit still you could interpret that chart more accurately and understand my post.
Obama was handed a catastrophe and did what he had to do.

You don't turn a ship of this size around on a dime. The economy was in abject collapse and there was a lot of momentum in that direction. That takes time.

Come on. Your claim is beyond silly. And a little disturbing.

Last edited:
If you would sit still you could interpret that chart more accurately and understand my post.

You don't turn a ship of this size around on a dime. The economy was in abject collapse and there was a lot of momentum in that direction. That takes time.

Defending Ears...voted for the Hildabeast....hmm sounds pretty left to me

Defending Ears...voted for the Hildabeast....hmm sounds pretty left to me
Yes, I do lean Left.

Do you have anything of substance to add to the conversation?

If he didn't do a thing it would of been better and you know it

Janet had it, Obama made it worse

No. If you really think that, then you have absolutely no idea what was actually happening at that time.

This is my profession. If you're going to try this ignorant argument, you'd better know what you're talking about.

Go ahead.

Last edited:

No. If you really think that, then you have absolutely no idea what was actually happening at that time.

This is my profession. If you're going to try this ignorant argument, you'd better know what you're talking about.

Go ahead.

So that's why you got fired at it huh?

Instead of making an assnine retort let's go for it...and my profession is little ol' slicer at Arby's .

I will fuck you up

Go ahead.

Instead of making an assnine retort let's go for it...and my profession is little ol' slicer at Arby's .

I "got fired"? No, I've been at it for about 20 years now.

I also teach a workshop on the Meltdown.

So, start backing up your words. Let's see how much you know. Educate me.

He even stated low GPD is the new normal and manufacturing jobs will never return.
Barack Obama warns of unemployment being 'new normal' in US
"What is a danger is that we stay stuck in a new normal where unemployment rates stay high, people who have jobs see their incomes go up, businesses make big profits, but they've learned to do more with less, and so they don't hire," he said.
Again, you lying scum POS, he WARNED of a POSSIBILITY, he did not say it was a permanent situation as you falsely claimed!!!
But you knew that already.
Damn what’s wrong with you? You are full of hatred which makes you post stupid shit.

Go ahead.

Still more threats from the guy that got fired? What are you going to babble or discuss?

Remember I run a 8 lemonade stands.

Go ahead.

Still more threats from the guy that got fired? What are you going to babble or discuss?

I'm waiting. YOU said, "If he didn't do a thing it would of (sic) been better and you know it. Janet had it, Obama made it worse"

Now, back up YOUR words. With facts.

Looking forward to it.

Go ahead.

I'm waiting. YOU said, "If he didn't do a thing it would of (sic) been better and you know it. Janet had it, Obama made it worse"

Looking forward to it.

I posted it a million times on here and you ignored it, search my posts for yourself .

Go ahead.

Looking forward to it.

I posted it a million times on here and you ignored it, search my posts for yourself .
Yeah, I didn't think so.

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

More babble? So tell us for the millionth time what did Obama do?

Stimulus copied off Bush Jr.
Auto bailout copied off Bush j
Tarp Bush Jr
Wall Street: Janet

Obama was anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline, he was anti jobs (see Boeing in South Carolina) his Obama care made it worse for two years as it made its way to the supreme Court, no one wanted to invest in brick and mortar, people were sitting on money overseas, his EPA was anti bussiness with it's rules and regulations..

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Tarp Bush Jr

Obama was anti fracking, anti drilling, anti pipeline, he was anti jobs (see Boeing in South Carolina) his Obama care made it worse for two years as it made its way to the supreme Court, no one wanted to invest in brick and mortar, people were sitting on money overseas, his EPA was anti bussiness with it's rules and regulations..

The stimulus was a continuation of what had to be done for a wrecked economy. The bailouts were necessary to calm markets.

Now, in reality, credit markets were still frozen and the contagion had already spread overseas. Investors and business were still in state of panic. That continued from Bush's last two years and through the first 12-18 months of Obama. The only choice, out of many bad choices, was to pour money into markets.

You're so locked into your partisan ideology that all you know to do is cherry-pick things that support your partisan agenda. I'm under no such obligation. I have to deal with reality.

Looking forward to it.

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Tarp Bush Jr

Ear's stimulus was a waste of money. It basically took money out of the private economy where job growth and investment matters. The government couldn't even account for where it went so there was no real way to analyze what true impact it had.

Promised job creation never materialized and Obama pivoted to jobs saved.

Just a huge clusterfuck and wasteful spending

Your chart demonstrates that Obama took a bad thing and made it worse. Things got better after fracking, which Obama opposed.
Trump has continued the trend of improvement.

You don’t understand what was happening if you thought unemployment continued to rise because of Obama after he was sworn in. Unemployment continued to rise because the economy was collapsing due to a collapsing financial system. That would have happened regardless of who was sworn in President.

You are correct about fracking. Many of Obama’s policies inhibited the recovery, particularly those regarding regulations.

Last edited:
Obama turned a recession into a Great Recession.

This is also false.

The GFC was the worst economic crisis since The Great Depression, and it did not happen under Obama.
Sure it did. W started it and BO made it worse.

Not only were both men lying corporatists, but also warmongering elitists.

GDP bottomed in the first quarter of 2009, when Obama was sworn in, and started rising after that.

Real Gross Domestic Product
Yes albeit very slowly due in part, to BO’s dumb policies.

To some extent, yes. Many of Obama’s policies hurt the economy.

But it was also a different type of recession. It was an asset price collapse, which differs from a normal cyclical recession. Those types take longer to recover.
Particularly when those who caused the recession are not prosecuted, but enriched and empowered.

This is also false.

The GFC was the worst economic crisis since The Great Depression, and it did not happen under Obama.

GDP bottomed in the first quarter of 2009, when Obama was sworn in, and started rising after that.

But it was also a different type of recession. It was an asset price collapse, which differs from a normal cyclical recession. Those types take longer to recover.
Particularly when those who caused the recession are not prosecuted, but enriched and empowered.
It still blows my mind how no one of consequence was prosecuted.

It still blows my mind how no one of consequence was prosecuted.
Not only were they not prosecuted, they were protected, enriched, and given more political power.

This should have resulted in the fall of our criminal government.

Forum List

Back