Don't you think it's ridiculous to criticize the OWS movement for the illegal...

LOL, you all SURE DIDN'T have any trouble labeling the WHOLE Tea party FOR A FEW..

Don't like it when it when the shoe is on the OTHER FOOT eh?

:boohoo::boohoo:

Only thing, I havn't seen anything nobel about the OWS...rambling bunch of idiots in my book.

Not only that, they consistently LIED about the tea party when they couldn't find enough whack jobs to make them look bad enough.

...actions by some of the protestors?

What Fox News/Republicans don't seem to understand is that the bigger a movement gets, the more trouble-makers it is going to attract. In other words, the trouble-makers at the OWS protests do not represent the movement itself. The OWS from the very beginning had a message of peaceful protesting. That is what the founders of the movement intended. Unfortunately, because the movement is leaderless and has become so wide-spread, some of them have gotten chaotic. That is a human-driven consequence; it is not because of the ideology.

I think it is reasonable to criticize the OWS movement as lacking clear goals and leadership. If it did have these qualities, I think more people would take their message more seriously. However, by that same rationale, it is unfair to criticize the movement itself for a few of the trouble-makers.

Let me put it this way: if the Tea Party had become as popular movement as the OWS has (not even close), would the movement have attracted the same kind of law-breakers we see at these OWS protests? The answer is absolutely.

If they want to be taken serious, they need to get rid of the trouble-makers. But they won't, and as long as they won't then they are ALL going to be labeled the same. If they really have a message they want everyone to hear, then they need to re-group and get rid of the people that are making all the trouble for them because those trouble-makers are drowning out any message the OWS is trying to get out there. So until they do something about it and prove that the true OWS protestors really want a peaceful protests, i'm not going to believe they don't all have something to do with the violence.

Who is going to get rid of the trouble-makers? And not just who, but how? The point I am trying to make is that this movement lacks any leadership. Therefore, there is no one to tell them that they are unwelcome.

Also, for the most part, these protests are peaceful. They were intended to be peaceful. Unfortunately, given the size of the movement, trouble makers are inevitable.

...actions by some of the protestors?

What Fox News/Republicans don't seem to understand is that the bigger a movement gets, the more trouble-makers it is going to attract. In other words, the trouble-makers at the OWS protests do not represent the movement itself. The OWS from the very beginning had a message of peaceful protesting. That is what the founders of the movement intended. Unfortunately, because the movement is leaderless and has become so wide-spread, some of them have gotten chaotic. That is a human-driven consequence; it is not because of the ideology.

I think it is reasonable to criticize the OWS movement as lacking clear goals and leadership. If it did have these qualities, I think more people would take their message more seriously. However, by that same rationale, it is unfair to criticize the movement itself for a few of the trouble-makers.

Let me put it this way: if the Tea Party had become as popular movement as the OWS has (not even close), would the movement have attracted the same kind of law-breakers we see at these OWS protests? The answer is absolutely.

the Odoriferous Wasteoid Slacker movement is nothing but a nuiscence.... to claim it has any credibility with anyone other than Marxists and other assorted crazies is fucking delusional. It isn't even covered by news outlets for the most part.

What so many of you narrow-minded radicals don't understand is that the movement does not represent marxism. Most of the protesters are not against capitalism. What the OWS movement doesn't like is the amount of power that corporations have over the government.

Forum List

Back