Don't yell at me!

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
The board had problems today because the disk partition on the server ran out of space. It came back reported as false SQL errors so I really didn't know what the problem was. I kept trying to repair the tables and had no luck. It wasn't until my provider replied that I found out what the problem really was. All should be fine now.

Originally posted by jimnyc
The board had problems today because the disk partition on the server ran out of space. It came back reported as false SQL errors so I really didn't know what the problem was. I kept trying to repair the tables and had no luck. It wasn't until my provider replied that I found out what the problem really was. All should be fine now.

Glad everything worked out.
I'm taking classes in Networking and Information Security right now.
Next week I'll be taking apart computers and putting them back together as part of my A+ Certification.

Interesting stuff, kinda...:2guns:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Glad everything worked out.
I'm taking classes in Networking and Information Security right now.
Next week I'll be taking apart computers and putting them back together as part of my A+ Certification.

Interesting stuff, kinda...:2guns:

You'll go much farther with the networking and security classes. My A+ certification didn't do shit for me. I'd like to go back to school and get some Cisco certification or MCSE. A lot of companies are demanding the A+, but as you're probably finding out already is that it's not all it's hyped up to be. I was Network Admin for a few years and wouldn't mind even getting a CNA and get a better paying job. Hell, who am I kidding, I'd rather just hit the lottery!

We have a few techies here on the board if memory serves me correctly. DKSuddeth has quite a bit of experience and Eric has worked in the field for many years and is extremely knowledgable. I believe he actually runs his own company now. Check out the software and hardware forums below, maybe we can get some better chat going there.

I've turned away from the dark side (MS network admin) where I used to do Active directory, Exchange, Citrix, and IIS. I've since started doing Content Switching Services through the Cisco 11000 series switches but I still remember most of my MS stuff so any questions you have I should be able to answer, or at least point you in the right directions.

Forum List

Back