Don't worry American Tax Payer, GM's using the bailout to create jobs in BRAZIL! WTF

This story was all over my local talk radio yesterday. Apparently GM was already cleaning up down there before they even got the stimulus money, they just couldn't be bothered to take some of those profits and use them to pay their debts here. Unreal.

Regardless of when they started the god damn project, they are using $1 billions of US tax-payer money. How do you not have a problem with that? Toyota and Mistisubshi (sp?) are both foreign companies that make their cars here, but GM cries for months how they are losing money need a bailout and now use it in Brazil! WTF again how do you not have a problem with that! People laughed at Bush, and rightfully so, when he said the fundamentals of the economy were strong! When an economy is increasing gets rid of the manufacturing sector and relies more and more by outstretching the service sector, your economy has PROBLEMS!

What exactly did I post that leads you to believe that I disagree with you?

Here is the thing! Its not that they moved overseas, it happens. But they are using tax payer bailout money in order to do it! That is wrong, sorry but the bailout is a handout to help Americans not the auto company!:confused:

No, you just don't care about people who don't have a masters and 10 years of experience. Everyone else can suffer, right?

Selfish bastard.

So now everyone, if you want to be ok, you have to go get a masters!!!

Everyone else is fucked!!!! :lol:

"so now everyone, if you want to be ok, you have to go get a masters!!!"

umm yeah?

School is pretty important...sorry that the high school dropout with the GED doesn't make as much as me. I know according to you, he should

You know not everyone is going to go get a masters dick wad. So what you are saying is fuck everyone who doesn't. They don't deserve to be happy like our parents were.

America had a strong middle class because plumbers, painters, construction workers, factory workers, hospitality workers, etc. all made a decent wage. Today, you don't value any of them. Now only people with Masters should be successful.

You are a horrible American/Human being/ citizen.

PS. If school is so important, why did the GOP make it so unaffordable?

And if everyone goes to school, then it really won't mean that much, now will it? So then you'll see a bunch of idiots who paid $40K to go to school graduate and find jobs that don't even pay $40K?

Do you hear what you are saying?

Why pay more than that? Shit, they are just service jobs.

You won't wake up until your job is gone. So fuck off. I'm sure a lot of CEO's agree with you.

Becuase iditos don't graduate.

Also, I know everyone doesn't get a masters...but anyone can go to a community college and get an AA or a BA...but why don't they

"because school wasn't for me"

now does everyone need school to suceed...not at all...plenty have sucedded without it...will it ever hurt to have a degree...no

get a clue

The subtitle to this thread should be: In this thread, sealybobo reposts all of Thom Hartmann's articles, AGAIN.

Seriously, guy, think for yourself and stop spitting out Thom's words. It's like you've found your very own Rush and are now unable to think for yourself. I don't know whose dick you love more: Thom's or Obama's.

I'm trying to explain to you what you are advocating because I don't think you get it. Andrew (gayest name ever) suggests that anyone who doesn't have a high education should get fucked in the new global economy.

That article is the best way to explain to you that your free market bullshit is ruining this country.

If you fuck the middle class, America no longer remains great. We become the old England that we left. A country where the nobles do fine but the rest of us are just working poor. Rabble.

I can't type it over and over again.

And i don't link for you. I link for anyone who might be reading your rediculous bullshit. They need to understand.

The subtitle to this thread should be: In this thread, sealybobo reposts all of Thom Hartmann's articles, AGAIN.

Seriously, guy, think for yourself and stop spitting out Thom's words. It's like you've found your very own Rush and are now unable to think for yourself. I don't know whose dick you love more: Thom's or Obama's.

I'm trying to explain to you what you are advocating because I don't think you get it. Andrew (gayest name ever) suggests that anyone who doesn't have a high education should get fucked in the new global economy.

That article is the best way to explain to you that your free market bullshit is ruining this country.

If you fuck the middle class, America no longer remains great. We become the old England that we left. A country where the nobles do fine but the rest of us are just working poor. Rabble.

And i don't link for you. I link for anyone who might be reading your rediculous bullshit. They need to understand.

and you are saying that the person withou tthe highschool degree should get the same chances and pay that someone who got a high school degree and went to college and did their work should get.

Thats fair right

"so now everyone, if you want to be ok, you have to go get a masters!!!"

umm yeah?

School is pretty important...sorry that the high school dropout with the GED doesn't make as much as me. I know according to you, he should

You know not everyone is going to go get a masters dick wad. So what you are saying is fuck everyone who doesn't. They don't deserve to be happy like our parents were.

America had a strong middle class because plumbers, painters, construction workers, factory workers, hospitality workers, etc. all made a decent wage. Today, you don't value any of them. Now only people with Masters should be successful.

And if everyone goes to school, then it really won't mean that much, now will it? So then you'll see a bunch of idiots who paid $40K to go to school graduate and find jobs that don't even pay $40K?

You won't wake up until your job is gone. So fuck off. I'm sure a lot of CEO's agree with you.

Also, I know everyone doesn't get a masters...but anyone can go to a community college and get an AA or a BA...but why don't they

now does everyone need school to suceed...not at all...plenty have sucedded without it...will it ever hurt to have a degree...no

get a clue

What kind of job is a community college going to get someone?

And I explained that under GOPanomics, a bachelor degree is the new high school degree.

And college is unaffordable for millions of Americans now. Did you hear last night Obama wants to give them all a $2500 credit?

They have succeeded without it. Yes, that is true, they HAVE in the past.

Now they'll make $11 hr and not get health benefits.

You know what? It's too much to explain to a retard like you, plus it's like going in circles.

Fact is, you and your party have ruined America.

The question is, "can us liberals fix the mess". Stay tuned.

But please stop telling us what should be done, because you haven't a clue. You are arrogant. And my brother (yes I'm using him again), makes a shit load more than you do and still he seems to get it.

Maybe it's because he's in automotive.

You are insurance. They are part of the problem.

PS. Did you hear that many/most of the life insurance companies are FUCKED!!!! Or the people who have paid into them are fucked. WHy? Because those companies might not be able to pay out when people die. Yes, all the money they had is gone too!!!

I just realized it! You might actually get fucked in all this!!! I rarely wish bad on people, but god damn if that wouldn't be funny if you lost your job.

They are running banners now on Fox.. GM is going to lay off 10,000 American Workers.. bailing out the big three really saved jobs dinnit?

It was to save the indirect small business that sell parts to GM!

sealbobo shudda been suspicious when the big three went to Wash. in their jet aeroplanes but he was too stupit.:eek:

Actually, anyone who mentions those jets is stupid. The cost of those jets is just a blip on the radar.

That was just the GOP being petty.

Notice the bankers didn't have to show any plan. They just got the money. Bush and Paulson just handed over $350 billlion.

You are a retard too lady.

and you are saying that the person withou tthe highschool degree should get the same chances and pay that someone who got a high school degree and went to college and did their work should get.

Thats fair right

Spin spin spin!!! I don't want to dance with you anymore. I just don't want corporations using foreign labor to lower American wages. Just because you don't THINK that will affect you, doesn't make it ok, you greedy selfish ignorant prick of a human being.

Depends on the job. If I get a degree and go work for customer service, then I'm not going to make a fortune. Degree doesn't guarantee you will be rich.

I know lots of people who didn't go to school who made great money owning their own business' or being in construction. Now none of them make great money.

I won't cry if Union workers make $35 hr if I don't make that much. Because I don't want to go break my back working in a factory.

And if they do make more than me, then I just need to go out and make more sales.

Funny thing is....the Union wages are what brought up all of our wages.

So more power to the unions.

I'm a worker. I am all for workers fighting to get better wages.

You want the workers to get less wages.

Thats because you think Corporations are more important than the American citizens.

Fuck the corporations if they aren't benefitting the citizens of this country.

I find it hard to believe wages aren't being lowered in your industry. If you lost your job, you suggest that you could go to the competition and get another one tomorrow? I call BULLSHIT!!! You would make less. In fact you wouldn't even get hired. Or if you did, you'd be the one out of 50 who applied for that job.

Anyways, I'm going to lunch.

get a clue

What kind of job is a community college going to get someone?

And I explained that under GOPanomics, a bachelor degree is the new high school degree.

And college is unaffordable for millions of Americans now. Did you hear last night Obama wants to give them all a $2500 credit?

They have succeeded without it. Yes, that is true, they HAVE in the past.

Now they'll make $11 hr and not get health benefits.

You know what? It's too much to explain to a retard like you, plus it's like going in circles.

Fact is, you and your party have ruined America.

The question is, "can us liberals fix the mess". Stay tuned.

But please stop telling us what should be done, because you haven't a clue. You are arrogant. And my brother (yes I'm using him again), makes a shit load more than you do and still he seems to get it.

Maybe it's because he's in automotive.

You are insurance. They are part of the problem.

PS. Did you hear that many/most of the life insurance companies are FUCKED!!!! Or the people who have paid into them are fucked. WHy? Because those companies might not be able to pay out when people die. Yes, all the money they had is gone too!!!

I just realized it! You might actually get fucked in all this!!! I rarely wish bad on people, but god damn if that wouldn't be funny if you lost your job.

whats funny is you think I am a life insurance agent or something lol....you crack me up.

Also how do you know your brother makes more money then me...you have no fucking idea how much I make.

What good is a community college gonna do someone? Are you this fucking stupid or are you making a special effort today? Community colleges are very cheap, and some of them are very good. Hell, Miami Dade Community Colleges is one of the best colleges in the country. If you are a resident it runs you for about 3grand a semester...thats pennies.

Yes very easy to obtain an AA, or a BA from these types of institutions and they will take you far.

Just because you have a GED and are miserable about it...doesn't mean everyone else goes the same route.

also, I can't stop to notice you can't get off your brothers jock..he sounds like a good guy with anice career good for him...tell me..did he go to schoo?

Ahh I thought so.

Also, The well runed life insurance companies are no where near going broke! You are a fucking idiot. Life insurance is one f the MOST PROFITABLE lines a company sells.

Would you like to know why you fucking dimwit.

Companies sell short-term policies for very cheap and whole term- or Universal policies.

The majority poick short term because if you are healthy you can get a policy fo 20 bucks a month for 500,000 benefit for 10-20 years...the thing is the majority of the people...like 70% wind up canceling thei rpolicy or stop paying it after 3-5 years. It always happens...and all that money they paid tot he company...nothing was paid out and it's ALL PROFIT. Even when they go the full 20 years....and they don't die...NOTHING GETS PAID OUT and they keep all that premium...Life insurance is big business, the money they bring in doesn't even come close to what they pay out.

Don't talkin areas you know nothing about....which is pretty much everything so you really shouldn't speak

Thats fair right

Spin spin spin!!! I don't want to dance with you anymore. I just don't want corporations using foreign labor to lower American wages. Just because you don't THINK that will affect you, doesn't make it ok, you greedy selfish ignorant prick of a human being.

Depends on the job. If I get a degree and go work for customer service, then I'm not going to make a fortune. Degree doesn't guarantee you will be rich.

I know lots of people who didn't go to school who made great money owning their own business' or being in construction. Now none of them make great money.

I won't cry if Union workers make $35 hr if I don't make that much. Because I don't want to go break my back working in a factory.

And if they do make more than me, then I just need to go out and make more sales.

Thats because you think Corporations are more important than the American citizens.

I find it hard to believe wages aren't being lowered in your industry. If you lost your job, you suggest that you could go to the competition and get another one tomorrow? I call BULLSHIT!!! You would make less. In fact you wouldn't even get hired. Or if you did, you'd be the one out of 50 who applied for that job.

way to deflect everything dick head.

If you got a degree, why the fuck would you lower yourself to a position in customer service...you are going to get a BA degree to answer phones you fucking moron...don't you have an goals in life?

Also, I am sure I could get another job because I am good at what I do...In fact I was offered a position last month from my main competitor which I turned down.

I am glad you can admit you are a retard...now go to lunch and suck down that tube steak

I'd like to say something in Sealybobo's defense, not that he needs me to speak for him. Sealy and I are from the same area, and it is hard to describe the devastation caused here by "globalization". We have literally square miles worth of now empty industrial parks that used to be full of shops that were either big 3 tier suppliers or hooked into parts and logistics. Now they're empty. People who used to make pretty good money, union and non-union, now have to go work for minimum wage. Yes, I said minimum wage, no exaggeration. That's if you're lucky enough to find a job here. This is a very emotionally charged issue for those of us who actually still live in SE Michigan.

I think Sealy has a point when he talks about corporate responsibility. The big 3, GM in particular, couldn't wait to ditch this city and move overseas, and I think they did it too fast. They took a process that IMO should have been spread over several years so as to not cause too much disruption to the local and regional economy, and did it within 3 years. No joke, within 3 years of NAFTA passing, all of the non-union supply chain jobs were gone. It took about 2 years beyond that for the rest of the industry here to fold.

GM is a private company, they can do what they want (until they take public money :) ), but they should also be called to the carpet for their actions. I understand exactly where Sealy is coming from on this issue. I will never buy a GM product again, because of the haphazard way they handled their globalization, which in their case is really a euphemism for "abandon ship". Al-Queda wishes they could do as much damage to our economy as GM has.

They got the money sealy on the premises that they would be insuring the jobs in the United States of America. Not the South American or China jobs.

I begrudge them for giving erroneous precepts on needing these funds for our workers and then taking this tax payer money out of this country.

Next shot around it is F' GM. Or anyone else that takes our United States resources while telling us we have to work for pennies and live like corporate slaves.

One point everyone seems to be missing is that Brazil is the only economy currently not in complete shambles. People in Brazil are still buying things, so shoring up that market makes sense for a global company that is in trouble. There is nothing any of these companies can do to increase car sales at the moment. They're already giving the damn things away and nobody wants them. The point of the bailout is to help them ride out the storm until things begin to pick up again. In the meantime, if they can actually make money in a foreign market, this will also keep them afloat.

Too often, people refuse to look at the big picture.

I'd like to say something in Sealybobo's defense, not that he needs me to speak for him. Sealy and I are from the same area, and it is hard to describe the devastation caused here by "globalization". We have literally square miles worth of now empty industrial parks that used to be full of shops that were either big 3 tier suppliers or hooked into parts and logistics. Now they're empty. People who used to make pretty good money, union and non-union, now have to go work for minimum wage. Yes, I said minimum wage, no exaggeration. That's if you're lucky enough to find a job here. This is a very emotionally charged issue for those of us who actually still live in SE Michigan.

I think Sealy has a point when he talks about corporate responsibility. The big 3, GM in particular, couldn't wait to ditch this city and move overseas, and I think they did it too fast. They took a process that IMO should have been spread over several years so as to not cause too much disruption to the local and regional economy, and did it within 3 years. No joke, within 3 years of NAFTA passing, all of the non-union supply chain jobs were gone. It took about 2 years beyond that for the rest of the industry here to fold.

GM is a private company, they can do what they want (until they take public money :) ), but they should also be called to the carpet for their actions. I understand exactly where Sealy is coming from on this issue. I will never buy a GM product again, because of the haphazard way they handled their globalization, which in their case is really a euphemism for "abandon ship". Al-Queda wishes they could do as much damage to our economy as GM has.

Yes, GM can do whatever they want. But so can our government. Tariff &/or take away tax breaks, and/or give tax breaks.

And remember the GOP said Michigan was in a one state recession? :eusa_liar:

And it isn't like Toyota and Honda are doing well now.

So they fucked with millions of American middle class people's jobs and now the system is crashing. Not just in blue states.

So they can't blame GM's problems on the Unions. If they do, then what is Toyota's problem? Why are their car sales down so much?

And why aren't people with 700 credit scores getting loans?

The GOP used divide and concur. First they only sent union jobs overseas. Now we see they sent just about everything overseas. Soon Toyota will start outsourcing more and more of their jobs to foreign companies. They'll leave a shell of a plant in Alabama. And if the unions are gone, don't hold your breath for any wage increases. They might even cut your wages. Why not? You don't have a degree, and they can get cheaper labor in Mexico!!!

Then the Toyota employees might wake up and start their own unions. And us liberals will be waiting to help them, despite the years they stabbed us in the backs.

They got the money sealy on the premises that they would be insuring the jobs in the United States of America. Not the South American or China jobs.

I begrudge them for giving erroneous precepts on needing these funds for our workers and then taking this tax payer money out of this country.

Next shot around it is F' GM. Or anyone else that takes our United States resources while telling us we have to work for pennies and live like corporate slaves.

One point everyone seems to be missing is that Brazil is the only economy currently not in complete shambles. People in Brazil are still buying things, so shoring up that market makes sense for a global company that is in trouble. There is nothing any of these companies can do to increase car sales at the moment. They're already giving the damn things away and nobody wants them. The point of the bailout is to help them ride out the storm until things begin to pick up again. In the meantime, if they can actually make money in a foreign market, this will also keep them afloat.

Agreed. I think I made that point earlier. The loan GM and Chrysler got was to buy them some time and so they could pay off venders they already owed. Just until things turn around.

If that is the case then they should be fully honest about it. In light of MichiganFats post though I will still hold to the facts that they abandon the US worker long time ago.

The big picture includes previous actions also.

These mega giant corporations are not looking to keep the American economy in tact.

Money is power and they are using the American dollar to improve their position not the country's position as a whole. Weaken the American worker to the point of starving and you have weakened the very Spirit of Liberty that this nation was founded on.

Yes, GM can do whatever they want. But so can our government. Tariff &/or take away tax breaks, and/or give tax breaks.

So they fucked with millions of American middle class people's jobs and now the system is crashing. Not just in blue states.

So they can't blame GM's problems on the Unions. If they do, then what is Toyota's problem? Why are their car sales down so much?

The GOP used divide and concur. First they only sent union jobs overseas. Now we see they sent just about everything overseas. Soon Toyota will start outsourcing more and more of their jobs to foreign companies. They'll leave a shell of a plant in Alabama. And if the unions are gone, don't hold your breath for any wage increases. They might even cut your wages. Why not? You don't have a degree, and they can get cheaper labor in Mexico!!!

Then the Toyota employees might wake up and start their own unions. And us liberals will be waiting to help them, despite the years they stabbed us in the backs.

you're sucha fucking tard....the nonsense never stops spewing from your semen infested mouth.

First of all, if you ahve a 700 beacon..you can get a loan...you are talking nonsense...don't tell me I'm wrong cause both my father and brother are in the auto sales field.

They both sell BMW's where everyone usually has good credit and banks are lending...at .9% none the less.

So you're fucking clueless.

My friend just bought a ford 150 and he had a 610 beacon and got approved

Thats fair right

way to deflect everything dick head.

If you got a degree, why the fuck would you lower yourself to a position in customer service...you are going to get a BA degree to answer phones you fucking moron...don't you have an goals in life?

Also, I am sure I could get another job because I am good at what I do...In fact I was offered a position last month from my main competitor which I turned down.

I am glad you can admit you are a retard...now go to lunch and suck down that tube steak

1. You aren't as good as you think. That's what other people thought before their jobs went overseas. Like your competitor called you to offer you a job. :eusa_liar:

And if that is true, it isn't true for 99% of us. How many of us can get a job doing what you do? Can you please provide a link to your companies website so we can apply for these jobs? Or give us your competitor's website.

Oct. 3—Approximately 10.5 million Americans are unemployed and want to work but cannot find jobs, according to today’s Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report. And some 2.1 million of the unemployed have been looking for work 27 weeks or longer, a number that has risen sharply since this time last year.

These people need the work!!!

2. When the economy is bad, you'll take customer service. I think your comment proves definatively that you are unable to see things from anyone elses perspective other than your own.

How have you missed all the stories about people who are taking jobs way beneath them because they can't find work? What about them? Please at least tell us who your competitor is and what your job title is. All 10 million of us will apply.

you're sucha fucking tard....the nonsense never stops spewing from your semen infested mouth.

First of all, if you ahve a 700 beacon..you can get a loan...you are talking nonsense...don't tell me I'm wrong cause both my father and brother are in the auto sales field.

They both sell BMW's where everyone usually has good credit and banks are lending...at .9% none the less.

So you're fucking clueless.

My friend just bought a ford 150 and he had a 610 beacon and got approved

Not what I heard.

Oh now you can start bringing up people you know? Didn't you make fun of me for doing that?

Ask them how business is? No one is spending. And a lot of people that want to are being turned down for the loan.

Anyways, it doesn't surprise me that you don't understand the severity of the depression we are in.

Remember you denied it was a recession for the longest time?

So we won't look to you for solutions, since you don't even see the problem.

Forum List

Back