Don't worry American Tax Payer, GM's using the bailout to create jobs in BRAZIL! WTF

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GHook93, Feb 10, 2009.

1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Let me get this straight, GM failed as a business, but they are so big the US tax payer needed to bail them out! Yet they are taking $1 billion to create jobs in Brazil! Absolutely amazing!

Latin American Herald Tribune - General Motors to Invest $1 Billion in Brazil Operations -- Money to Come from U.S. Rescue Program

2. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537
    thats awesome!

Good thing we bailed them out to create american jobs right Sealy....Does naything good ever come from Detroit?

3. michiganFats

michiganFats BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +171
    This story was all over my local talk radio yesterday. Apparently GM was already cleaning up down there before they even got the stimulus money, they just couldn't be bothered to take some of those profits and use them to pay their debts here. Unreal.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    This has to stop. I've been saying that for how long? But don't pretend that GM or Ford or Toyota all don't outsource to other countries.

Who's been screaming to bring these jobs back home? Me or you. You should be glad that they are going to Brazil assface, because that'll lower the cost of vehicles.

Don't pretend that now you are for bringing jobs back home. You sat by and watched the GOP pass tax breaks for companies to do things like this.

So let me say it again. The GOV should tax/tariff these imports.

Or, because there is no way to bring EVERY manufacturing job back home, any product that isn't at least 70% made in America, should be tariffed.

And Andrew (gayest name ever), GM is a big bad corporation. Do you get that? They'd do whatever makes them the most profit, provided that it is legal. So make it illegal.

Just watch!!! If the Dems try to fix this problem. It will be YOUR FUCKING PARTY that tries to defend/protect GM and their right to leave the country. They'll scare us by telling us it will raise the costs of cars. So what? If we aren't working, we can't afford them anyways.

I only care about GM because GM is important to American workers. If they stop using American workers, then fuck them!!!

Have you lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign and see.

5. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,047
    It's a global E CON O MY folks. Some of that money is probably going to China. You really do not expect that they are just spending it here at home did you?

I asked these questions here a while back. Not very many people looked at the thread.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    See, "that's awesome". You hate America, Americans and the American middle class.

How many years was Detroit the auto capital of the world? Motown?

The GOP fucked Michigan up and now Alabama is doing great with Toyota.

So now you say Alabama is a great place? Real genious' come out of Alabama, right? :lol:

You have unwittingly ruined your own country, just like Wilson did:

EXACTLY like Wilson did. He fucked up and gave the corporations too much power, just like you did by voting for Bush the last two times.

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

7. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537

blah blah blah

I wasn't the one offering reach arounds to give them the bail out....you were

lol @ you saying Andrew is the gayest name ever

When you have nothing to say, it's best to say nothing...little life hint for you douchebag

Besides, whats with the hate of the name Andrew...was it an ex boyfriend of yours that cheated on you or something....don't worry Sealy..I am sure out there somewhere is a man for you...Possibly in 4 years your dreams of giving a rim job to Obama will come true

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,203
    Thom Hartmann was talking about China yesterday. What if this economic stimulous doesn't work and we borrowed the money from China? And the thought was that China would pretty much own us if that happened.

Sure we need to invest in China, but we need to invest MORE in America. Fuck China.

9. Andrew2382

Andrew2382 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +537

Yes Motown was great until competition came into the market and drove them to a 3rd rate city. The GOP fucke dup Michigan? lol, I didn't know the GOP was in the business of making cars. O you mean the GOP let companies like Toyota and Honda and BMW who all make cars here in the states by American workers...far superior cars and GM couldn't compete.

I see. Competition is a bad thing when you make a shit product..you're right

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,732
    Oh yes, More American jobs all righty.. GM went to Brazil to escape the back breaking Union. They will probably thrive in Brazil and go kaput in America. Won't surprise me a bit..