Don't worry about michelle

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
Don't worry 'bout Michelle. She's movin' on up.
And before you start to say, "well they all did it", be sure to read
at the end of the article the numbers about how many staffers
some previous first ladies had. This is a new and blatant misuse of
OUR taxpayer money.
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing China for the
White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.
How things have changed! Prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
> 1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye,
> Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy
> And Projects For The First Lady)
>3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.
> (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
> 4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President
> and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
>5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to
> the First Lady)
>6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First
> Lady)
> 7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to
> the First Lady)
>8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of
> Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
>9. $70,000 - Sanders,
> Trooper (Deput y Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and
> Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O.
> (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
> 15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy
> Press Secretary To The First Lady)
>16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.
> (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First
>17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of
> Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of
> Staff to the First Lady)
> 20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social
> Secretary)
> 21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
> 22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had
three; Jackie Kennedy one; Laura Bush one; and prior to Mamie
Eisenhower social help came from the President's own pocket.
Note:
This does not include makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, and
"First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

WOW

I dont know what else to say but WOW.

Seems kinda hypocritical in these times of recession and job losses....oh wait maybe she is trying to solve the issue of the rising number of unemployed?

Don't worry 'bout Michelle. She's movin' on up.
And before you start to say, "well they all did it", be sure to read
at the end of the article the numbers about how many staffers
some previous first ladies had. This is a new and blatant misuse of
OUR taxpayer money.
No, Michele Obama does not get paid to serve as the First Lady and she doesn't perform any official duties. But this hasn't deterred her from hiring an unprecedented number of staffers to cater to her every whim and to satisfy her every request in the midst of the Great Recession.
Just think Mary Lincoln was taken to task for purchasing China for the
White House during the Civil War. And Mamie Eisenhower had to shell out the salary for her personal secretary.
How things have changed! Prepare to scream and then come to realize that the benefit package for these servants of Miz Michelle are the same as members of the national security and defense departments and the bill for these assorted lackeys is paid by John Q. Public:
> 1. $172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
2. $140,000 - Frye,
> Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy
> And Projects For The First Lady)
>3. $113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G.
> (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
> 4. $102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President
> and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
>5. Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to
> the First Lady)
>6. $90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First
> Lady)
> 7. $84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to
> the First Lady)
>8. $75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of
> Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
>9. $70,000 - Sanders,
> Trooper (Deput y Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
10. $65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
11. Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
12. $62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and
> Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
13. $60,000 - Fitts, Alan O.
> (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
14. Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
> 15. $52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy
> Press Secretary To The First Lady)
>16. $50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E.
> (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First
>17. $45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of
> Correspondence For The First Lady)
18. Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
19. $40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of
> Staff to the First Lady)
> 20. $36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social
> Secretary)
> 21. Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
> 22. Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady)

Canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/12652

There has never been anyone in the White House at any time that has created such an army of staffers whose sole duties are the facilitation of the First Lady's social life. One wonders why she needs so much help, at taxpayer expense, when even Hillary, only had
Note:
"First Hairstylist" Johnny Wright, 31, both of whom travelled aboard Air Force One to Europe.

this is part of the stimulus plan, god knows shes not getting any stimulus in the bedroom with that face.

A face joke? That's all you've got? Do you really expect anyone to take your comments seriously when you make ad hominem attacks like that?

Care to post a pic of your own face? Let's compare, shall we? No, wait. Don't. I don't base my arguments off of comments about subjective attractiveness.

BTW to the OP, in the interest of fairness, how about posting some similar figures regarding past first ladies? I know you c&p'd that article...and you listed your source...but if you'd really like to convince me...I'd like to see you take the time to research and show her spending relative to others in the same position.

Also, please take into account the usual year over year increase that normally occurs.

Last edited:
Michelle is doing just fine as First Lady. She is the most prominant First lady since Jackie O.
I don't know if you realize it, but the position of First lady has taken on a prominance since Eleonore Roosevelt. She is an ambassador to the world and Michelle is taking the world by storm.

I guess 8 years of Stepford Wife Laura Bush has clouded peoples minds over what a First lady should be.

I think her excess in a time of financial "crisis" is very poor form.

Sets a bad example. If things were doing great in the country i'd say Who Freaking Cares about it, but things are tough and tight for many....she should think about saving those tax resources for problems other than those revolving around her required social activities (yes i said required due to her position as first lady)

Plymco, I'm in favor of everyone tightening the belt myself, but until someone in this thread offers some sort of gauge of what spending is "too much" and what amount of spending is "reasonable", it's hard to come down on either side.

Has she spent more than any other First Lady in history?
Has her "office" grown more in spending than the last First Lady's office grew? (year to year growth)
Have there been no cutbacks at all in her office?
When combined with the total for such social type offices, has her group contributed significantly to a gross overspending by the President?

Throwing numbers out there with no compass is completely worthless. But like I said, overspending should be cut down.

Sorry, but I don't see outrageous spending. Looks like a staff of 22 with a budget of under $2 Million. I don't see any outrageous individual salaries with most under $100K (not much for DC).
The job of First Lady has grown significantly since Mary Lincoln

I've missed all the activity since the inauguration! What has she done? Keep in touch with the Rev Bullfrog. Shakka Khan? Billy Ayres??? Oprah? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I've missed all the activity since the inauguration! What has she done? Keep in touch with the Rev Bullfrog. Shakka Khan? Billy Ayres??? Oprah? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What exactly did the Stepford Wife Laura Bush accomplish in 8 years?

Plymco, I'm in favor of everyone tightening the belt myself, but until someone in this thread offers some sort of gauge of what spending is "too much" and what amount of spending is "reasonable", it's hard to come down on either side.

Has her "office" grown more in spending than the last First Lady's office grew? (year to year growth)
When combined with the total for such social type offices, has her group contributed significantly to a gross overspending by the President?

Throwing numbers out there with no compass is completely worthless. But like I said, overspending should be cut down.

Did you read the article?

Note:

I thought she was the most educated, most capable first lady in history, she even has her Mom being housed and fed by the taxpayers to help her out and yet she needs 24 people?
This administration is easily the most excessive in history, they are all full of shit. You clowns should quit bending over backwards trying to defend these assholes, you'll hurt yourselves.

Note:

I thought she was the most educated, most capable first lady in history, she even has her Mom being housed and fed by the taxpayers to help her out and yet she needs 24 people?
This administration is easily the most excessive in history, they are all full of shit. You clowns should quit bending over backwards trying to defend these assholes, you'll hurt yourselves.

Are you positive that Laura Bush had only one Staff member? What is your source for that?

Yes, I read it (now twice, thanks). But you're giving anecdotal evidence at best. Show me expenditure numbers.

I agree that a staff of 22 over a staff of 3 seems excessive. (Notice that an admission)
But I'm wondering if Hilary didnt have a lot more staff that worked with her, not as part of her official entourage, but still were assigned for her use. I'm leaning your way for sure, but I'm not willing to be as extremist as you're being until I see some true cost numbers besides just salaries.

Sorry, I'm even handed like that ;)

Note:

Are you positive that Laura Bush had only one Staff member? What is your source for that?

the article was the source!

Forum List

Back