Don't want Trump or Hillary?

There are alternatives not that they have a snowball's chance in hell but there are alternatives just the same.

2016 Third Party Presidential Candidates

Johnson is the strongest third party candidate and if he can put up strong argument and get air time he could be a threat or at least swing the election...
The RNC, DNC, media apparatus would never allow it unless it worked to one or the other side's advantage.

I believe the Establishment of the GOP will secretly back Johnson with the hope he can derail Trump but it could hurt Clinton because of Sanders voters hating her...

Too bad the Green Party does not have a viable candidate...

Austin Petersen, whom is also running for the Libertarian nomination, was rather impressive today on Beck's radio program. He also did great in the debate against Johnson. This is a guy I could easily cast my ballot for in the general election.

Last edited:
There are alternatives not that they have a snowball's chance in hell but there are alternatives just the same.

Johnson is the strongest third party candidate and if he can put up strong argument and get air time he could be a threat or at least swing the election...
The RNC, DNC, media apparatus would never allow it unless it worked to one or the other side's advantage.

I believe the Establishment of the GOP will secretly back Johnson with the hope he can derail Trump but it could hurt Clinton because of Sanders voters hating her...

Too bad the Green Party does not have a viable candidate...
That's okay, I'm still voting for myself...... Ming the Merciless...... :thup:

Good to know about, and prolly never too early.

Just for the record though, there can be no "third party candy" until the two party have decided who their first two are. That's not as "certain" as it might look. These are after all political parties -- private entities -- and come nomination time they can do whatever they want. And they have precedents..

Excellent point. There actually was a time, up to 20-30 years ago, when Prez debates were sponsored and organized by the nonpartisan League of Women Voters. The Demoplican Republicrat Party put a stop to that with the Orwellian "Commission on Presidential Debates", and now nothing happens without its joint approval, including who gets to stand there and even what topics are off the table.

If that ain't a glaring proof of a corrupt Duopoly, it just can't be expressed.

Good to know about, and prolly never too early.

Just for the record though, there can be no "third party candy" until the two party have decided who their first two are. That's not as "certain" as it might look. These are after all political parties -- private entities -- and come nomination time they can do whatever they want. And they have precedents..
And therein lies the problem. The two major parties have set up their rules to control not only their members but elections also. Granted it's been going on almost from the country's inception but maybe it's time to change that.

Who knows, maybe we'll end up with a viable 3rd party. :dunno:

The establishment has the system too rigged for a 3rd party to ever be viable.
Exactly but what we may be looking at is a modern version of the Political Crisises of the 1850s and 1890s. Who knows what will happen. :dunno:

Short of the country nearly collapsing causing an entire reboot of the system the establishment has so corrupted I don't see it happening. The corruption reaches all the way back to state and local, and unfortunately also now includes public employee unions. The corrupt establishment raises taxes, feeds the money to the public employee unions, they kick back part of the money to the corrupt politicians to get re-elected, rinse and repeat to infinity.

Exactly but what we may be looking at is a modern version of the Political Crisises of the 1850s and 1890s. Who knows what will happen. :dunno:

Short of the country nearly collapsing causing an entire reboot of the system the establishment has so corrupted I don't see it happening. The corruption reaches all the way back to state and local, and unfortunately also now includes public employee unions. The corrupt establishment raises taxes, feeds the money to the public employee unions, they kick back part of the money to the corrupt politicians to get re-elected, rinse and repeat to infinity.
Read Sir John Glubb's the Fate of Empires............

as much as I would love to have johnson in there since he believes in the constitution,there isnt a snowballs chance in hell that will happen,we dont put these people in office,whoever the establishment wants in,they rig the elections to make sure their candidate gets in.

They sabotagoed ron pauls campaine to make sure he did not get the republican nomination making rule changes at the last minute,they would so the same with johnson as well if he started winning in polls. HELLERY is the one they want in,they will make sure she gets the nomination.

I blindly bought into it last election listening to other peoples posts that ron paul would get elected thinking with my heart instead of with my mind,wont make that mistake again.Like the old saying goes,fool me once,not twice.

I'm voting for this guy just because his pic looks a little like Al Pacino! Whoo-Waa!

2016 Libertarian Presidential Candidate
Anti-Virus Pioneer and Privacy Advocate
John-McAfee.gif

John McAfee

At the heart of the morass is this ----- the Perpetuation of the Same Old Thing absolutely depends on the People throwing up their collective hands and going "oh well, there's nothing I/we can do so I'll continue to drone on and play the game".

The Same Old Thing absolutely requires that kind of complicity. Without it, it never gets to BE the Same Old Thing.

At the heart of the morass is this ----- the Perpetuation of the Same Old Thing absolutely depends on the People throwing up their collective hands and going "oh well, there's nothing I/we can do so I'll continue to drone on and play the game".

The Same Old Thing absolutely requires that kind of complicity. Without it, it never gets to BE the Same Old Thing.
I agree 100% but at least we occasionally have political "revolutions" when a large portion of the body politic finally becomes fed up with the status quo. Not that they always succeed or last once they occur and in this instance it's yet to be seen whether this "revolution" will cause any changes or not. I'm not holding out much hope as both parties are so heavily entrenched (with the majority of the voting public's approval) and one of their most strident mantras is "don't throw away your vote!"

I agree 100% but at least we occasionally have political "revolutions" when a large portion of the body politic finally becomes fed up with the status quo. Not that they always succeed or last once they occur and in this instance it's yet to be seen whether this "revolution" will cause any changes or not. I'm not holding out much hope as both parties are so heavily entrenched (with the majority of the voting public's approval) and one of their most strident mantras is "don't throw away your vote!"

And beyond that Duopoly construction there's the problem of the Electoral College, meaning that anyone who lives in a lock-red or lock-blue state cannot cast a vote for anything but a third party that has any meaning at all. That red or blue candy is getting your state vote regardless whether you vote for him, against him, or just stay home. It makes not a whit of difference.

So you can go cast a vote for Johnson or Nader or Perot as a protest but as long as the sheep rule, the sheep rule and it generates no more effect than "oh isn't that cute, somebody voted for Nader, now let's return to the big screen where Tweedle Dee is closing ground on Tweedle Dum, isn't that exciting, kids?".

Which brings us to the Media that plays a vital role in perpetuating Same Old Thing..... which is why it's absurd to call the MSM "liberal media" --- perpetuating the SOT is as conservative as it gets.

Change happens during the primaries, not the general election. By the time the general election rolls around, it is too late.

So voting for a third party propellerhead because you don't like Trump or Hillary is idiocy. Closing the barn door after the horse has been gone on an ocean going sea voyage around the world for the past nine months.

The problem with lunatics who love Trump and Sanders is that lunatics have a lot more energy than sane people. They show up in disproportionate numbers to primary elections while normal people stay home. That's how whackjobs like Trump win nominations.

I've been saying this for years. Nobody listens. You have to get out during the primaries in large numbers if you want to keep the retards and lunatics in their place.

A huckster gets the retards fired up. He says things about the Muslims and the Mexicans the same way Hitler said shit about the Jews and the French. It gets the hot-blooded tards excited enough to hit the streets ready to break some shit.

Did you vote in the primary? If not, you are part of the problem. You let this happen.

Forum List

Back