Don't Try to Tell Me...

Don't Try to Tell Me...That all American public schools are terrible, because it's just not true. There are many, many thousands of students and families from around the world flocking to our shores to attend school in the US - yes, in our public schools as well. Many of these students are from some of the same countries against which the US is so unfavorably compared educationally.

Has anyone been trying to tell you that? If so, on what basis do they found their claim? I cannot imagine there is any sound basis they can present that establishes the verity of that claim.

Did you ever attend a private school? I did. I skipped four grades of public school, got an A- average skipping 84 days in 8th grade and was offered a scholarship. There is NO DOUBT that a decent private school offers more focused education with far less governmental and political motivation and overhead, smaller class sizes and higher cost. Yep, often much higher cost. If more school districts offered a waver on paying school taxes at the same time, a lot more people would go private. Less crime, less violence, greater safety, and greater student satisfaction. Ever hear of a serial school shooting at a private school? I haven't. Agriculture was being taken over increasingly so in the 19th century by big companies forcing more and more people towards the cities for work. The public school system was largely created out of the big city industrialization of America to make for more docile, productive workers more quickly for American industry, not out of any overt sense of quality. I can go up to most any publicly educated person and prove that fact.

If you want more reading on the matter, you might want to peruse these:

NAEP Studies - 2006461: Comparing Private Schools and Public Schools Using Hierarchical Linear Modeling

http://www.capenet.org/pdf/Outlook409.pdf

Private schools top public in average ACT, SAT scores

Last edited:
... There is NO DOUBT that a decent private school offers more focused education with far less governmental and political motivation and overhead, smaller class sizes and higher cost. .....

Depends on which private school and which public school. Quality examples of both are often found in the same area.

... There is NO DOUBT that a decent private school offers more focused education with far less governmental and political motivation and overhead, smaller class sizes and higher cost. .....

Depends on which private school and which public school. Quality examples of both are often found in the same area.

People go to public school by threat of gunpoint. And probably because it is there and they are paying for it through taxes and are expected to go. It's a case of the leaf following the river's stream. People go to private school because they want to and pay good money for it. If they weren't satisfied with the quality they would go elsewhere and the private school would close. Another study I read recently was that home schooled kids are smarter and better educated on average than public schooled ones! And I tend to believe it as a home schooled kid must obviously have a very dedicated parent. Can you find a private school worse than the best public school? Impossible to argue otherwise unless you have compared EVERY school in the country, but the research shows that on average, private schooled kids do better than public ones.

Don't Try to Tell Me...That all American public schools are terrible, because it's just not true. There are many, many thousands of students and families from around the world flocking to our shores to attend school in the US - yes, in our public schools as well. Many of these students are from some of the same countries against which the US is so unfavorably compared educationally.

Has anyone been trying to tell you that? If so, on what basis do they found their claim? I cannot imagine there is any sound basis they can present that establishes the verity of that claim.

Did you ever attend a private school? I did. I skipped four grades of public school, got an A- average skipping 84 days in 8th grade and was offered a scholarship. There is NO DOUBT that a decent private school offers more focused education with far less governmental and political motivation and overhead, smaller class sizes and higher cost. Yep, often much higher cost. If more school districts offered a waver on paying school taxes at the same time, a lot more people would go private. Less crime, less violence, greater safety, and greater student satisfaction. Ever hear of a serial school shooting at a private school? I haven't. Agriculture was being taken over increasingly so in the 19th century by big companies forcing more and more people towards the cities for work. The public school system was largely created out of the big city industrialization of America to make for more docile, productive workers more quickly for American industry, not out of any overt sense of quality. I can go up to most any publicly educated person and prove that fact.

If you want more reading on the matter, you might want to peruse these:

NAEP Studies - 2006461: Comparing Private Schools and Public Schools Using Hierarchical Linear Modeling

http://www.capenet.org/pdf/Outlook409.pdf

Private schools top public in average ACT, SAT scores
Did you ever attend a private school?
I'm a Grottlesexer.

People go to public school by threat of gunpoint. And probably because it is there and they are paying for it through taxes and are expected to go. It's a case of the leaf following the river's stream. People go to private school because they want to and pay good money for it. If they weren't satisfied with the quality they would go elsewhere and the private school would close. Another study I read recently was that home schooled kids are smarter and better educated on average than public schooled ones! And I tend to believe it as a home schooled kid must obviously have a very dedicated parent. Can you find a private school worse than the best public school? Impossible to argue otherwise unless you have compared EVERY school in the country, but the research shows that on average, private schooled kids do better than public ones.

There are many people who sacrifice quite a lot, and travel around the world at great expense and disruption of their own lives to send their children to schools in the US - including public schools in increasing numbers.

Forum List

Back