Don't travel to Spain unless you want to pay 21 percent sales taxes

Florida has costs, fees, and assessments that add up not too far from that amount now, if one gets within shouting distance of a government building; owns property, creates solid waste, needs permits for most any activity, or drives a vehicle, among other 'luxuries'.

Florida has costs, fees, and assessments that add up not too far from that amount now, if one gets within shouting distance of a government building; owns property, creates solid waste, needs permits for most any activity, or drives a vehicle, among other 'luxuries'.

California has the CA Redemption (CRV) tax on bottles and cans. IMO it should not be legal. The way it works is they charge a fee (tax) on the bottle and then on top of that they tax the tax and add the sales tax. So I went to buy a 79 cent soda and it was literally like $1.17 or something; so the tax is literally like 30 or 40 percent. Sorry, I don't remember more exactly. It's been a while since I've done that b/c I don't like the feeling of being raped by government.

We also, have something ridiculous, forget what its called, but if you go to a Quiznos or Subway and they toast your bread, they tax that service and it literally adds like 60 cents or so to a $5 bill. It's pretty f'ing retarded.

California has the CA Redemption (CRV) tax on bottles and cans. IMO it should not be legal. The way it works is they charge a fee (tax) on the bottle and then on top of that they tax the tax and add the sales tax. So I went to buy a 79 cent soda and it was literally like $1.17 or something; so the tax is literally like 30 or 40 percent. Sorry, I don't remember more exactly. It's been a while since I've done that b/c I don't like the feeling of being raped by government.

We also, have something ridiculous, forget what its called, but if you go to a Quiznos or Subway and they toast your bread, they tax that service and it literally adds like 60 cents or so to a $5 bill. It's pretty f'ing retarded.

Oh I forgot, they do the sale tax on top of the fee. That's just f'ing immoral. So instead of paying the sales tax on 79 cents, you're paying it on 1.02 or whatever it ends up being.

They have a freaking 21 percent sales tax on goods and services.

News Headlines

And? most of Europe has similar sales taxes. Hell Denmark has 25% on everything.

Plus in good old biased CNBC style, the article is some what wrong or miss-leading.

Yes the sales tax will go up from 18% to 21% on stuff like computers, TVs, Cars, and such things.

But sales tax on food, books, and similar is considerably lower.

And so what if the sales tax should go up.. why should it prevent people from going to Spain? It is still cheaper than most other countries, has nice beaches and hot weather, plus good food and plenty of cultural and historical sites. It is after all the second biggest tourist destination in the world after France.

News Headlines

And? most of Europe has similar sales taxes. Hell Denmark has 25% on everything.

Plus in good old biased CNBC style, the article is some what wrong or miss-leading.

Yes the sales tax will go up from 18% to 21% on stuff like computers, TVs, Cars, and such things.

But sales tax on food, books, and similar is considerably lower.

And so what if the sales tax should go up.. why should it prevent people from going to Spain? It is still cheaper than most other countries, has nice beaches and hot weather, plus good food and plenty of cultural and historical sites. It is after all the second biggest tourist destination in the world after France.

It's sad that you so willfully accept giving your living away to suits.

News Headlines
From your site:

Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced a swathe of new taxes and spending cuts on Wednesday designed to slash 65 billion euros from the budget deficit by 2014 as recession-plagued Spain struggles to meet tough targets agreed with Europe.

Rajoy, of the center-right People's Party, proposed a 3-point hike in the main rate of Value Added Tax on goods and services to 21 percent, and outlined cuts in unemployment benefit and civil service pay and perks in a parliamentary speech interrupted by jeers and boos from the opposition.

News Headlines
From your site:

Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy announced a swathe of new taxes and spending cuts on Wednesday designed to slash 65 billion euros from the budget deficit by 2014 as recession-plagued Spain struggles to meet tough targets agreed with Europe.

Rajoy, of the center-right People's Party, proposed a 3-point hike in the main rate of Value Added Tax on goods and services to 21 percent, and outlined cuts in unemployment benefit and civil service pay and perks in a parliamentary speech interrupted by jeers and boos from the opposition.

Your point?

Forum List

Back