"Don't Think We're Not Keeping Score Brother"

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Obama already secured the disdain and ridicule of conservatives - now his arrogant ignorance seeks to do the same from those in his own party...
_____

Pelosi, Rahm do not scare Rep. DeFazio

Rep. Peter DeFazio’s phone rang. On the other end was Rahm Emanuel.

The White House chief of staff last month expressed frustration with DeFazio’s resignation calls for President Barack Obama’s top two economic aides — Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and White House chief economist Larry Summers — and appealed for cooperation, according to DeFazio.

...Personal calls from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and former Vice President Al Gore couldn’t persuade him to vote for the Speaker’s climate change bill. He also opposed the $787 billion stimulus, citing concerns that only 7 percent was devoted to infrastructure spending.

DeFazio was one of only two Democrats to vote against those measures and the $700 billion bank bailout. (The other was Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) a Blue Dog conservative.)

Yet he’s also a pro-gun Democrat who has a B rating from the National Rifle Association.

“I would have less of a voice and I would have less respect if I voted for things I didn’t believe in because of pressure from the leadership,” DeFazio told The Hill in an interview.

Obama himself has taken notice.

“Don’t think we’re not keeping score, brother,” Obama told DeFazio during a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to members afterward.
_____

Full aricle here:

Pelosi, Rahm do not scare Rep. DeFazio - TheHill.com

He'll probably end up with a broken knee cap -

Obama is a child.

In one week he gives a hissy fit about impending economic doom if we don't pass Obamacare, we find out he personally threatens members of Congress, and the Chinese treat him as an insignificant during the Copenhagen summit.

Classless, brainless, and dangerous to America...

He'll probably end up with a broken knee cap -

Obama is a child.

In one week he gives a hissy fit about impending economic doom if we don't pass Obamacare, we find out he personally threatens members of Congress, and the Chinese treat him as an insignificant during the Copenhagen summit.

Classless, brainless, and dangerous to America...

How can you not agree with what you've said here. Have a little rep. You deserve it for being able to figure all of this out by yourself!:lol:

WrappedSmokeSalmon.jpg

Obama is not a scary guy, indeed he campaigned by saying I don't do politics as usual, the old way, I am a man of hope and change, change and hope. Hope and.....well, you get the point.

OK fine, but don't be surprised when you make political threats and no one takes you seriously.

If you are going play it all the way like LBJ, make your threats real to get things done, well then you can not expect to be loved, or even liked.

Last edited:
I wonder who Rahm Emmanuel contacted in De Fazio's home district last night? The representatiive might want to think twice about what he is supporting and not. Politics is a contact sport.

Sinatra, the Chinese has always treated the US as insignificant. Its tradition. Meanwhile, the debt we owe to China hardly puts us in a position to dictate terms about anything, and who borrowed all that $$ in our name?

Chicago-Style Gangster Politics at its worst. There are clearly not enough checks & balances on this President and it's time to change this. Lets hope this starts in 2010. Absolute Power really does corrupt absolutely.

Sinatra, the Chinese has always treated the US as insignificant. Its tradition. Meanwhile, the debt we owe to China hardly puts us in a position to dictate terms about anything, and who borrowed all that $$ in our name?

So right.

The Chinese haven't exactly fallen all over any of our past Presidents. They aren't quite as bad as the North Koreans or Iran, but pretty damned close. We also owe them truckloads of money so they really don't care what we or the boy king think of them. Sure hope they don't call in that loan baby. Wouldn't OL'BO just about shit his pants if they did????

So right.

The Chinese haven't exactly fallen all over any of our past Presidents. They aren't quite as bad as the North Koreans or Iran, but pretty damned close. We also owe them truckloads of money so they really don't care what we or the boy king think of them. Sure hope they don't call in that loan baby. Wouldn't OL'BO just about shit his pants if they did????

He wouldn't be the only one shitting a brick. We'd all be pretty well screwed, and President Obama wouldn't take much comfort in the fact he wasn't the one put us in that position. One more mess to clean up.

China walked out on Obama. Total snub.

That is an entirely new level of disregard by China against the US. They have no consideration for Barry the Prez - and who could blame them? This president, along with the current crop of Democrat leaders, are taking the concept of "borrowing" to unseen levels. Doubling the US debt in one year? Unbelievable - and dangerous to the world economy.

China is justifiably concerned over this dangerous course being taken by Obama Inc., and equally justifiable in considering Obama an empty American suit incapable of thought that is not pre-determined via teleprompter...

If you guys started keeping score about 9 years ago, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

China walked out on Obama. Total snub.

That is an entirely new level of disregard by China against the US. They have no consideration for Barry the Prez - and who could blame them? This president, along with the current crop of Democrat leaders, are taking the concept of "borrowing" to unseen levels. Doubling the US debt in one year? Unbelievable - and dangerous to the world economy.

China is justifiably concerned over this dangerous course being taken by Obama Inc., and equally justifiable in considering Obama an empty American suit incapable of thought that is not pre-determined via teleprompter...

---

Obama already secured the disdain and ridicule of conservatives - now his arrogant ignorance seeks to do the same from those in his own party...
_____

The White House chief of staff last month expressed frustration with DeFazio’s resignation calls for President Barack Obama’s top two economic aides — Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and White House chief economist Larry Summers — and appealed for cooperation, according to DeFazio.

...Personal calls from Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and former Vice President Al Gore couldn’t persuade him to vote for the Speaker’s climate change bill. He also opposed the $787 billion stimulus, citing concerns that only 7 percent was devoted to infrastructure spending.

DeFazio was one of only two Democrats to vote against those measures and the $700 billion bank bailout. (The other was Rep. Gene Taylor (D-Miss.) a Blue Dog conservative.)

Yet he’s also a pro-gun Democrat who has a B rating from the National Rifle Association.

“I would have less of a voice and I would have less respect if I voted for things I didn’t believe in because of pressure from the leadership,” DeFazio told The Hill in an interview.

“Don’t think we’re not keeping score, brother,” Obama told DeFazio during a closed-door meeting of the House Democratic Caucus, according to members afterward.
_____

Full aricle here:

So you are taking a JOKE and trying to claim that it was something more sinister than it was all so you can try to spin an attack against obama?? The sad fact is that the rest of the lemmings all took your propaganda and swallowed it whole, without question. How sad is that?

The truly sad thing is that some of those responding are taking the talking points right from karl rove's mouth.

_____

_____

Full aricle here:

So you are taking a JOKE and trying to claim that it was something more sinister than it was all so you can try to spin an attack against obama?? The sad fact is that the rest of the lemmings all took your propaganda and swallowed it whole, without question. How sad is that?

The truly sad thing is that some of those responding are taking the talking points right from karl rove's mouth.

A joke?

Yeah...

_____

_____

Full aricle here:

A joke?

Yeah...

Even the "target" took it as such and everyone in the room thought it was funny. It was a JOKE pure and simple. This thread is just another example of the right trying oh so desperately to make something out of nothing.

"DeFazio said Tuesday that he took the president's verbal jabs in good humor"
DeFazio stimulus vote gets Obama’s attention

Forum List

Back