Don't tell Bobby Jindal...

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Alaska volcano back on eruption watch - CNN.com

(CNN) -- Researchers have raised the alert status at Mount Redoubt, a volcano in southern Alaska, after another increase in seismic activity.

"Shallow earthquake activity under the volcano has been as high as 26 events per 10-minute period," officials at the Alaska Volcano Observatory said Sunday in a statement announcing that the alert level was raised to "watch" status.

Although no eruption has occurred, the scientists said the increase in seismic activity "likely represents either the upward movement of magma or pressurization of the system."

"It is possible for unrest at the volcano to change rapidly, and seismic activity or other signs of unrest could escalate culminating in an eruption within days to weeks," the statement concluded

Last edited:
I swear that was a priceless moment for Jindhal saying that the volcano project was wasted money when it was going towards better understanding of another potentially large natural disaster. If anyone should realize the importance of being prepared it should be Jindhal and his fellow Louisianians.

I swear that was a priceless moment for Jindhal saying that the volcano project was wasted money when it was going towards better understanding of another potentially large natural disaster. If anyone should realize the importance of being prepared it should be Jindhal and his fellow Louisianians.

But he's brown, so he must be just like Obama.

That and his parents. JINDHAL 2012 "Change We Need"

God at least Obama sounds real when he speaks at a camera. Jindhal sounded like a fake robot programmed to do nothing but bash the Democrats.

God at least Obama sounds real when he speaks at a camera. Jindhal sounded like a fake robot programmed to do nothing but bash the Democrats.
i see we have another braindead partisan like chris the moron

Touche.......

On the contrary I consider myself more independant than anything I go with whatever idea, politician or party that seems to have the right ideas at the right time. I don't agree with everything that Obama has done and he has yet to fully get my 100% trust in his leadership.

I do think that he is the right mind to lead us. The Republicans haven't done much to help so lets allow the other party to take a crack at it.

Don't call me partisian, it goes against what I truly believe in.

So you're ok with being called braindead, as long as you aren't called a partisan ?..........

So you're ok with being called braindead, as long as you aren't called a partisan ?..........

Whoops minor misstep there. When I start talking about one thing I sometimes don't notice others, call it my tragic flaw. I'd prefer to be called neither though.

Touche.......

On the contrary I consider myself more independant than anything I go with whatever idea, politician or party that seems to have the right ideas at the right time. I don't agree with everything that Obama has done and he has yet to fully get my 100% trust in his leadership.

I do think that he is the right mind to lead us. The Republicans haven't done much to help so lets allow the other party to take a crack at it.

not partisan, right. that's why you have Obama/biden for your avatar.

Touche.......

and democrat as his title
and hes following chris the moron

Touche.......

Call me what you want and categorize me all you want. My true thoughts will shown up in my post. Instead of wasting anymore of my time with this pointless banter.

Call me what you want and categorize me all you want. My true thoughts will shown up in my post. Instead of wasting anymore of my time with this pointless banter.

Amazing. You've moved from being a democrat to a centrist in five minutes. Did you have a moment of clarity between threads?

Amazing. You've moved from being a democrat to a centrist in five minutes. Did you have a moment of clarity between threads?

Well, if Caskey has even a moment of clarity, then he is 100% ahead of you, ol' Pelvis.

CNN) -- Mount Redoubt in southern Alaska began erupting late Sunday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

The eruption, which started about 11:38 p.m. Sunday, was obscured by darkness and snow. But the initial height of the eruption cloud was estimated at less than 20,000 feet above sea level, the USGS said.

With the eruption, mudflows were possible on the Drift and Crescent rivers, and ashfall was likely near and downwind from the volcano, the USGS said.

The National Weather Service in Anchorage issued an ashfall advisory that will be in effect until 8 a.m. Monday, covering the communities of Talkeetna, Willow and Cantwell, all roughly 125 to 150 miles northeast of Mount Redoubt.

The ash will blow northeast and will pass west of Anchorage, said Dave Schneider, a geophysicist with the Alaska Volcano Observatory. He described the ash as a trace -- meaning if some landed on a windshield, the driver could still see through it.

Those in range of the ashfall should seal their windows and doors, the weather service said. It also advised that residents protect electronics, cover air intakes and open water supplies, and minimize driving.

Alaska's Mount Redoubt erupts - CNN.com

Best to kind of ignore ol' Diven and Pelvis. They specialize in braindead comments with no substance. And are totally frightened that President Obama will actually succeed.

Well, if Caskey has even a moment of clarity, then he is 100% ahead of you, ol' Pelvis.

So you'll admit that realizing liberals are morons would be a moment of clarity?

Forum List

Back