Don't tase me bro!

Tasers should be gotten rid of as they can be a deadly weapon and the police cannot be trusted not to abuse their power.

GMAFB.

Why is it all the ones getting tased are the dumb asses that think their shit doesn't stink, and they can do what they want to whomever they want? Don't want to get your shit knocked to the ground, show the officer some fucking respect.

You may not like them, you may think you're being treated unfairly, but if you're going to attack, or threaten them, they're going to drop your ass. Now, would you rather they do it by sticking a bullet in your leg, or zapping your ass? Simple as that.

According to Smiley, an officer was talking with a motorist in the church parking lot when he ran a registration check and discovered the man had no car insurance.

Moran approached the officer and began yelling at him, demanding to know why a member of his congregation had been stopped, the police chief said.

“He said we were on private property and wanted us off the property,” Smiley said. “He was pretty aggressive

Taser for pastor, pepper spray for congregation | Breaking News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Checking more of the story, more of the reason why this happened. The Cop ran a registration check on a vehicle on private property. There is absolutely no law that a vehicle parked or operating on private property must be registered. Unless you think you deserve a ticket for mowing your lawn, this is bullshit. The cop had no right, no juristiction to enforce traffic law on private property. Seems the Pastor was only asserting his right to control of traffic on his Churches private property.

You're a dumbass. Your fucking driveway is private property. A church parking lot is open to the public, and therefore subject to a difference set of rules than you tooling down your driveway on your lawnmower drunk as a skunk. HOWEVER, the second you drive that lawnmower anywhere BUT your driveway, you're subject to the laws of the road.

That said... An altercation with a cop and ANY other individual is between THEM, and none of YOUR fucking business as long as they're not standing in your livingroom or sitting in your lap.

Police officers are not allowed to enforce basic traffic law on private property. Church parking lot, what ever, unless the owners of the property have expressly granted them that power. Again, what do you think the signs in the Wal Mart parking lot are about? How about the little parking lot sweeper machine in the Wal Mart parking lot? Is it a registered, inspected, insured highway vehicle? How on Earth do they get away with operating that machine in the Home Depot parking lot? How about the test drive of the new riding mower in the Lowes parking lot? Should I look out for the cops? Or how about the security golf cart operating around the mall parking lot? Is it registered and legal for all general traffic laws?

You are ill informed. The Police have NO POWER to enforce basic traffic, like registration and insurance requirements on private property. They may only enforce criminal law on private property.

"Law enforcement officers can only enforce criminal law on private property," State Patrol trooper Dan McDonald said. "So unless there is suspicion of DUI, the vehicle is being driven recklessly, or other criminal acts are being committed law enforcement officers cannot enforce basic traffic violations.

Do you have to stop at private parking lot stop signs?

Tasers should be gotten rid of as they can be a deadly weapon and the police cannot be trusted not to abuse their power.

GMAFB.

Why is it all the ones getting tased are the dumb asses that think their shit doesn't stink, and they can do what they want to whomever they want? Don't want to get your shit knocked to the ground, show the officer some fucking respect.

You may not like them, you may think you're being treated unfairly, but if you're going to attack, or threaten them, they're going to drop your ass. Now, would you rather they do it by sticking a bullet in your leg, or zapping your ass? Simple as that.

The fact is that an officer will be quicker to use a taser than a gun because the gun is likely to kill or cause a serious injury, whereas the taser is meant merely to subdue. The problem is that some people die from being assaulted with a taser. Police are too quick to employ the use of their taser and therefore they should not be given a taser.

GMAFB.

The fact is that an officer will be quicker to use a taser than a gun because the gun is likely to kill or cause a serious injury, whereas the taser is meant merely to subdue. The problem is that some people die from being assaulted with a taser. Police are too quick to employ the use of their taser and therefore they should not be given a taser.

Ahh, bullshit. Very *few* officers "abuse" tasers. What about personal responsibility? Anyone with a friggen "heart condition" has no business getting in an officers face if it's not him the officer is speaking to. You really think fighting the officer is going to get you your way? You think your rights are being violated, then take care of that in the *proper* way.

GMAFB.

Ahh, bullshit. Very *few* officers "abuse" tasers. What about personal responsibility? Anyone with a friggen "heart condition" has no business getting in an officers face if it's not him the officer is speaking to. You really think fighting the officer is going to get you your way? You think your rights are being violated, then take care of that in the *proper* way.

I've heard nothing about the Pastor getting in the officers face. I merely heard he came out to see what the commotion was and was disrespected and attacked by the officer. Sounds like abuse with a taser to me.

§ 542.005. RULES ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. This subtitle does
not prevent an owner of private property that is a private road
(1) regulating or prohibiting use of the property by
the public for vehicular travel; or
(2) requiring conditions different from or in addition
to those specified by this subtitle.

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 165, § 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1995.

Texas Transportation Code - Section 542.005. Rules On Private Property - Texas Attorney Resources - Texas Laws

Sure enough, Texas law allows for private property to be regulated by the owner, not state traffic code.

I have yet to hear that any infraction was made on the public highway. So far, this all is taking place on private property.

I've heard nothing about the Pastor getting in the officers face. I merely heard he came out to see what the commotion was and was disrespected and attacked by the officer. Sounds like abuse with a taser to me.

Oh, please.

And on private property which the pastor obviously has a right to control unless there has been a crime.

And on private property which the pastor obviously has a right to control unless there has been a crime.

You don't "control" a situation by jumping into an officers face screaming bloody murder, and then charge him with your entire congregation, dumbass. Like it or not, you don't really get to "demand" anything from cops that don't concern you.

There are usually two distinct starting points for people in debates like this and they often go against general perceptions of political leanings.

1: The PEOPLE have the right until it is demonstrated there is a cause to suspend them.

2: The COPS have the right until it is clear they abused them.

THe people have the rights. Not the cops. In fact, they have none, as such. They are supposed to protect the PEOPLES rights, not step on them every chance they see to collect a fine.

You don't "control" a situation by jumping into an officers face screaming bloody murder, and then charge him with your entire congregation, dumbass. Like it or not, you don't really get to "demand" anything from cops that don't concern you.

Where's the evidence this occurred? All I've heard so far is that he tried to find out what was going on and the police officer turned violent by grabbing the pastor who then went inside to get witnesses to the officer's apparent abuse. Then the officer pepper sprayed the congregants and attacked the pastor with the taser.

As I just pointed out, I do indeed get to demand from the cops. They are MY SERVANTS.

It's dumbasses like you that will gladly accept a police state so long as it isn't your pocket book, your kid, your Church, your rights. But I've got a little secret for you: give away his property rights and yours go out the window too.

Where's the evidence this occurred? All I've heard so far is that he tried to find out what was going on and the police officer turned violent by grabbing the pastor who then went inside to get witnesses to the officer's apparent abuse. Then the officer pepper sprayed the congregants and attacked the pastor with the taser.

1) It's none of his business what's going on. Nobody called for his "help".

2) Read more of what's posted. The pastor started screaming at the cop and making demands. Again, not his place.

3) The pastor went INSIDE the church to get witnesses to his alleged abuse? You mean all those witnesses weren't just standing outside? He had to go in and get them, and then come out in a threatening manner? What is it they were going to "witness" from inside the church?

According to Smiley, an officer was talking with a motorist in the church parking lot when he ran a registration check and discovered the man had no car insurance.

Moran approached the officer and began yelling at him, demanding to know why a member of his congregation had been stopped, the police chief said.

“He said we were on private property and wanted us off the property,” Smiley said. “He was pretty aggressive

Taser for pastor, pepper spray for congregation | Breaking News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Checking more of the story, more of the reason why this happened. The Cop ran a registration check on a vehicle on private property. There is absolutely no law that a vehicle parked or operating on private property must be registered. Unless you think you deserve a ticket for mowing your lawn, this is bullshit. The cop had no right, no juristiction to enforce traffic law on private property. Seems the Pastor was only asserting his right to control of traffic on his Churches private property.

so if a robber commits robbery on private property the cops have no jurisdiction to stop him unless he has express permission from owner of said private property??? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

As I just pointed out, I do indeed get to demand from the cops. They are MY SERVANTS.

It's dumbasses like you that will gladly accept a police state so long as it isn't your pocket book, your kid, your Church, your rights. But I've got a little secret for you: give away his property rights and yours go out the window too.

More like I simply have respect for the law, and don't feel the need to rail at them and threaten them.. I may not *like* them, or everything they do, but again, there's a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to handle things, and the pastors way was WRONG. He deserved to get knocked on his ass. Maybe now he'll STFU and mind his own business.

What point was there to him sticking his face in a traffic stop scenario?

You're a dumbass. Your fucking driveway is private property. A church parking lot is open to the public, and therefore subject to a difference set of rules than you tooling down your driveway on your lawnmower drunk as a skunk. HOWEVER, the second you drive that lawnmower anywhere BUT your driveway, you're subject to the laws of the road.

That said... An altercation with a cop and ANY other individual is between THEM, and none of YOUR fucking business as long as they're not standing in your livingroom or sitting in your lap.

Just for your information, private property is just that, property owned by private individuals, companies, corporations, and etc. which means that you are not subject to normal traffic laws that apply to public roads.

For instance, if you have an automobile accident on private property, normal traffic laws do not apply, just as the police can not ticket you for running a stop sign within a parking lot.

In mall parking lots, for example, police can respond to theft, or vandalism, but have no authority to enforce normal traffic laws.

Back in 1973, while riding a motorcycle on my employers property, which happened to be at a traffic light at a four lane intersection, I was hit by an automobile turning left into oncoming traffic which had the green light, and the accident had to be investigated by the companies security officers because the local police had no jurisdiction on private property. Lucky for me one of my co-workers took pictures of where the vehicles stopped after the hit, and that along with the investigating officers testimony, there was no question of who was at fault.

does anybody have a link to the Police web site that has their statement? I cannot find it.

1) It's none of his business what's going on. Nobody called for his "help".

2) Read more of what's posted. The pastor started screaming at the cop and making demands. Again, not his place.

3) The pastor went INSIDE the church to get witnesses to his alleged abuse? You mean all those witnesses weren't just standing outside? He had to go in and get them, and then come out in a threatening manner? What is it they were going to "witness" from inside the church?

It was occuring on the Churches private property. It is absolutely his business. Or would you care to go ahead and relieve his Church of all liability for occurances on his property and allow the state to assume that liability? Get it? That's why it's his business. That's why the State is responsible on the public highway. That's their construct, their liability to the public. His parking lot is HIS liability. Always. The lawsuits and responsibility are his and his churches. YOu wouldn't be telling him to mind his own business if someone was being raped in his parking lot would you? By a cop? Is that none of his business?

The person getting the ticket was a member of the congregation. An invited person onto that property.

This is completely a property issue. THere was no actionable crime in that parking lot. The police had no authority and the Pastor had all the authority. So it came down to brute force to comply with an unlawful order.

Forum List

Back