Don't tase me bro!

Anyhow.. It's possible the guy *was* asking for it.. If a cop has someone pulled over for whatever reason, as long as it ain't you, keep your damned nose out of it - it doesn't concern you.

Maybe so. I'd have to know more about why he felt compelled to get involved.

Anyhow.. It's possible the guy *was* asking for it.. If a cop has someone pulled over for whatever reason, as long as it ain't you, keep your damned nose out of it - it doesn't concern you.

Why? It could be your *mother*, and it's still not your concern, until they're finished and TELL you you can step forward.

Yeah, and I wanna know what was he wearing, too.

Proabably something that just screams: "Taser me, hard, now, big boy!"

Yeah, and I wanna know what was he wearing, too.

Proabably something that just screams: "Taser me, hard, now, big boy!"

the rain's getting to me, too, ed.

Persactly correct. If the cop has someone pulled over it is not the "pastor's" right to interfere.. and yep,, if he went in the church and came back with 40 congregants I would feel threatened too.. Where is the dashcam video??

Why? It could be your *mother*, and it's still not your concern, until they're finished and TELL you you can step forward.

Oh bullshit. What do they call that? Obstructing revenue collecting?

Persactly correct. If the cop has someone pulled over it is not the "pastor's" right to interfere.. and yep,, if he went in the church and came back with 40 congregants I would feel threatened too.. Where is the dashcam video??

On private property he has every right.

Newp! He dosen't..

No, he doesn't. Though, I'd like for you to show me the law that states that this pastor has the right to verbally attack a cop during a routine traffic stop that had nothing to do with the pastor at all just because it was in the church parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
What ever happened to rubber hoses? If they're cleaver, they can hook 'em up with some juice! I think tasers are great! Light 'em up, Joe.

Note to self: Dis is a girl. See them pig tails?:lol:

Last edited:

No, he doesn't. Though, I'd like for you to show me the law that states that this pastor has the right to verbally attack a cop during a routine traffic stop that had nothing to do with the pastor at all just because it was in the church parking lot.

Police do not have any right to enforce traffic laws on private property. If a police officer is conducting a stop on private property, he must have permission and juristiction granted by the property owners. Take a look at the Wal Mart parking lot, the grocery store, the car wash, etc. If the owners permit traffic enforcement on their property, there are usually signs stating "This Property Under the Jusristiction of XYZ Police". The reason for those signs is that if you are on private property, and you know you are on private property, there is no reasonable expectation that you must obey traffic laws for the public highway, considering you are on a private way. May as well be on a speedway or dirt track. The owners of private property get to decide what the driving regulations are on private property. If a cop is making unlawful stops, on private property, the owner has every right to ask him to leave, as he is not making a lawful arrest or issuing lawful orders.

You ever get a traffic ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle while on your riding mower in your yard? If you think police have the right to make traffic stops on private property, you should.

Police do not have any right to enforce traffic laws on private property. If a police officer is conducting a stop on private property, he must have permission and juristiction granted by the property owners. Take a look at the Wal Mart parking lot, the grocery store, the car wash, etc. If the owners permit traffic enforcement on their property, there are usually signs stating "This Property Under the Jusristiction of XYZ Police". The reason for those signs is that if you are on private property, and you know you are on private property, there is no reasonable expectation that you must obey traffic laws for the public highway, considering you are on a private way. May as well be on a speedway or dirt track. The owners of private property get to decide what the driving regulations are on private property. If a cop is making unlawful stops, on private property, the owner has every right to ask him to leave, as he is not making a lawful arrest or issuing lawful orders.

You ever get a traffic ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle while on your riding mower in your yard? If you think police have the right to make traffic stops on private property, you should.

Ahh..no.

A) It's likely the person pulled IN to the parking lot after noticing flashing lights because it was safer than staying on the street.

Nowhere that I saw did it state the police pulled this person over ffor doing something wrong IN the parking lot..

And I hate to break it to you, but rentacops can't do shit to you in a parking lot. However, if you're doing something that can endanger other pedestrians, an ACTUAL cop sure as hell CAN nail your ass in a parking lot.

According to Smiley, an officer was talking with a motorist in the church parking lot when he ran a registration check and discovered the man had no car insurance.

Moran approached the officer and began yelling at him, demanding to know why a member of his congregation had been stopped, the police chief said.

“He said we were on private property and wanted us off the property,” Smiley said. “He was pretty aggressive

Taser for pastor, pepper spray for congregation | Breaking News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Checking more of the story, more of the reason why this happened. The Cop ran a registration check on a vehicle on private property. There is absolutely no law that a vehicle parked or operating on private property must be registered. Unless you think you deserve a ticket for mowing your lawn, this is bullshit. The cop had no right, no juristiction to enforce traffic law on private property. Seems the Pastor was only asserting his right to control of traffic on his Churches private property.

I agree 100%. I am getting real sick of people going after cops and then bitching when the cop does something about it.
I am also getting real sick of people bitching about the small number of tasers being used in the wrong way, calling for them to be taken out of use. Would you rather the cop shot the guy instead.
If you don't want to be tased, don't threaten a Police Officer, it is real simple.

Ahh..no.

A) It's likely the person pulled IN to the parking lot after noticing flashing lights because it was safer than staying on the street.

Nowhere that I saw did it state the police pulled this person over ffor doing something wrong IN the parking lot..

And I hate to break it to you, but rentacops can't do shit to you in a parking lot. However, if you're doing something that can endanger other pedestrians, an ACTUAL cop sure as hell CAN nail your ass in a parking lot.

Not on traffic law. Cops have no authority on traffic on private property. You can't be that dense. Does the highway patrol get on the Race Track and stop race cars because drivers and fans get killed? Those cars are awful dangerous at such high speeds aren't they? But guess what? It's private property. They can drive just as damn reckless as they want. 160 miles an hour with no horn, turn signals, registration, nothing.

And if you check Officer Smiley's statements, the driver was already in the parking lot when the cops decided to run his tags for a check. It's bullshit. Enforcing traffic laws that do not apply to private property.

Preacher had every right to ask them to leave, from what I can see.

According to Smiley, an officer was talking with a motorist in the church parking lot when he ran a registration check and discovered the man had no car insurance.

Moran approached the officer and began yelling at him, demanding to know why a member of his congregation had been stopped, the police chief said.

“He said we were on private property and wanted us off the property,” Smiley said. “He was pretty aggressive

Taser for pastor, pepper spray for congregation | Breaking News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Checking more of the story, more of the reason why this happened. The Cop ran a registration check on a vehicle on private property. There is absolutely no law that a vehicle parked or operating on private property must be registered. Unless you think you deserve a ticket for mowing your lawn, this is bullshit. The cop had no right, no juristiction to enforce traffic law on private property. Seems the Pastor was only asserting his right to control of traffic on his Churches private property.

You're a dumbass. Your fucking driveway is private property. A church parking lot is open to the public, and therefore subject to a difference set of rules than you tooling down your driveway on your lawnmower drunk as a skunk. HOWEVER, the second you drive that lawnmower anywhere BUT your driveway, you're subject to the laws of the road.

That said... An altercation with a cop and ANY other individual is between THEM, and none of YOUR fucking business as long as they're not standing in your livingroom or sitting in your lap.

Tasers should be gotten rid of as they can be a deadly weapon and the police cannot be trusted not to abuse their power.

Forum List

Back