Don’t talk to aliens, warns Stephen Hawking

Hawkings it totally right! Why on Earth should we lure the Kanamits here to harvest us?

One of my favorite SciFi novels is "Forge of God" by Greg Bear. It is a heartbreaking story of how Earth is destroyed by malevolent aliens. The odds are that an advanced civilization will view us as a potential threat to be nipped in the bud.

The Forge of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never saw that one, may see if HULU has it, if it's a movie also. But I wouldn't be trying to send out "Here I am's" all over the place out into space. Hell we can't even deal with our own kind, yet try and deal with some outer space aliens who's desires for power, control and survival and domination are most likely the same as ours.

Last edited:
Hawkings it totally right! Why on Earth should we lure the Kanamits here to harvest us?

One of my favorite SciFi novels is "Forge of God" by Greg Bear. It is a heartbreaking story of how Earth is destroyed by malevolent aliens. The odds are that an advanced civilization will view us as a potential threat to be nipped in the bud.

Never saw that one, may see if HULU has it, if it's a movie also. But I wouldn't be trying to send out "Here I am's" all over the place out into space. Hell we can't even deal with our own kind, yet try and deal with some outer space aliens who's desires for power, control and survival and domination are most likely the same as ours.

yeah they live under ground tunnels that the gov. knows about. and yes they do run our country.and yes they do tell oh big ears how to ruin our america and consitution one step at a time...:evil:

yeah they live under ground tunnels that the gov. knows about. and yes they do run our country.and yes they do tell oh big ears how to ruin our america and consitution one step at a time...:evil:

I am trying to use these particular threads as a mini sabbatical from politics, however short. :lol:

Another good take on alien invasion is Niven & Pournelle's "Footfall".

Almost as good as their 'Moties'. Take away from either novel- neither side needs to be intrinsically evil to produce a fight to the finish. All that is required is a 'need' for the same chunk of real estate.

Another good series is Saberhagen's Berserker novels- self-aware/self replicating machines out to destroy all life in the galaxy.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I would talk to ALF!

alf.jpg

Almost as good as their 'Moties'. Take away from either novel- neither side needs to be intrinsically evil to produce a fight to the finish. All that is required is a 'need' for the same chunk of real estate.

I adore "The Mote in God's Eye" - one of the absolute best SciFi novels of all times.

I'm thinking a Riesling or Pinot Grigio.

We're not called Long Pork fer nuttin'.

What is all the problem? They are just here to serve man, in the same way as the Democrats in Congress serve man.

To Serve man

Do they serve humans with red or white wine?

They will just use the last Democrat platform as the whine list.

OMG, aliens with political parties, thats worse than being in the "How to serve Humans" cookbook. Just what we need is an administration from Pluto, Oh shit, we have that now!

Aliens are strangers. Don't talk to strangers. Thought everyone knew that. Hankins needs to get out more. Send him to Mars, that ought to slow a Martian invasion. Could convimce them to blow up Earth to help get a better view of Venus though. Yo! Marvin!

Forum List

Back