Don't take my word for it, listen to the Rabbi yourself...

pretty awkward for the moronic "there was no Palestine crew."
OMG! I saw someone post a thread claiming "there was no Palestine." I thought that was a strange thing to say, so I just figured the OP-er is a nitwit; there are so many here that one more didn't seem unlikely. I had no idea that there is a "there was no Palestine" movement happening.

How many history texts must one truly not read or be aware of to think that there was no Palestine?
  • Ovid
  • Pliny
  • Plutarch
  • Josephus
  • Aristotle
  • Herodotus
  • King James Bible (admittedly one would need to be familiar with the translations, rather than merely the book itself, to know of this one)
I realize one may not read or happen across all of those writers works that mention Palestine, but one should have come by at least one of them, most probably Ovid's Metamorphoses or Poem while reading the Norton Anthology of World Literature. What the hell do high school seniors study these days? (I know what I read back then, and I know what my kids read. I have no idea what most kids study/read in senior English classes.)
The more important thing is, the Palestinians sure think they exist and that their land existed.
All the more reason why the existence of a "there was no Palestine" movement is utterly preposterous.
Is this like the current argument in some circles that there was no holocaust?
Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't until this thread realize there might actually be a "there was no Palestine" movement of sorts. I supposed in the sense of both amounting to a general sort of crazy denial of reality, yes, the two are similar.

You just oversimplify.

Just prior to one minute into this video where Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss is speaking at pro-Palestinian rally, he mentions that he came with, among others, "the grandchild of an 8 generation Palestinian family."

Yeah, pretty awkward for the moronic "there was no Palestine crew."

All I've heard was his opinion, not a verse from the Torah from this Rabbi.
What's even more funny is that most of Neturei Karata (400 families) actually live in Israel, Jerusalem in 'Mea Shearim' and Beit Shemesh (100 families).
They've emigrated in the 1800's from Lithuania.

So how can one claim them to be the only 'real Jews' while denying it to others who are the majority?

This has nothing to do with NK. This Rabbi was specific regarding "the grandchild of an 8 generation Palestinian family."

And that is EXTREMELY awkward for the moronic "there was no Palestine crew."

So what? Like he found the only last Jew who's family lived in Palestine for centuries.

I know such a Rabbi myself, form Tiberias - he's not the most fond about the state, but he never crosses the line of supporting the slaughter of his fellow brothers and sister in Israel, he brings them closer to Hashem.

I know another Rabbi, his family is if from the Oslo expulsion, now lives in Jerusalem, doesn't support political Zionism - but never supports those who want to kill Jews.

So what? It's clear...

8 generation Palestinian! Yes, dumbass, it existed.

Just prior to one minute into this video where Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss is speaking at pro-Palestinian rally, he mentions that he came with, among others, "the grandchild of an 8 generation Palestinian family."

What's even more funny is that most of Neturei Karata (400 families) actually live in Israel, Jerusalem in 'Mea Shearim' and Beit Shemesh (100 families).

So how can one claim them to be the only 'real Jews' while denying it to others who are the majority?

This has nothing to do with NK. This Rabbi was specific regarding "the grandchild of an 8 generation Palestinian family."

So what? Like he found the only last Jew who's family lived in Palestine for centuries.

I know such a Rabbi myself, form Tiberias - he's not the most fond about the state, but he never crosses the line of supporting the slaughter of his fellow brothers and sister in Israel, he brings them closer to Hashem.

I know another Rabbi, his family is if from the Oslo expulsion, now lives in Jerusalem, doesn't support political Zionism - but never supports those who want to kill Jews.

So what? It's clear...

Yeah Habib, That's awkward.

So what? It's clear...

Yes Palestine was the name of a geographical area. So what?
Jews were referred to as 'Palestinians' centuries before Arafat decided to use this name.

Karaaites and Shomronites have been living in Israel before it was called Palestine, long before the Arab conquest.
But they are too- Jews, Cohens and Levites.

OMG! I saw someone post a thread claiming "there was no Palestine." I thought that was a strange thing to say, so I just figured the OP-er is a nitwit; there are so many here that one more didn't seem unlikely. I had no idea that there is a "there was no Palestine" movement happening.

How many history texts must one truly not read or be aware of to think that there was no Palestine?
  • Ovid
  • Pliny
  • Plutarch
  • Josephus
  • Aristotle
  • Herodotus
  • King James Bible (admittedly one would need to be familiar with the translations, rather than merely the book itself, to know of this one)
I realize one may not read or happen across all of those writers works that mention Palestine, but one should have come by at least one of them, most probably Ovid's Metamorphoses or Poem while reading the Norton Anthology of World Literature. What the hell do high school seniors study these days? (I know what I read back then, and I know what my kids read. I have no idea what most kids study/read in senior English classes.)
The more important thing is, the Palestinians sure think they exist and that their land existed.
All the more reason why the existence of a "there was no Palestine" movement is utterly preposterous.
Your guess is as good as mine. I didn't until this thread realize there might actually be a "there was no Palestine" movement of sorts. I supposed in the sense of both amounting to a general sort of crazy denial of reality, yes, the two are similar.

You just oversimplify.
Whether there was or was not a place called Palestine is a binary thing. There are no shades of grey about that. A place either existed and had that name or it did not.

You just oversimplify.
Whether there was or was not a place called Palestine is a binary thing. There are no shades of grey about that. A place either existed and had that name or it did not.

No one argues that. Palestine was a name of a geographic area.
But even Palestinians call it 'Shara Yahudin'.

Not that Arabs shouldn't be there. But they can't demand a "Judenrhein Palestine' as a condition to self determination.

The ancestors of the Palestinians called it Palestine or Palaestina since it became a Roman province, even before the ancestors of today's Palestinians converted to Christianity from Paganism, Judaism and other religions.

While the European Zionists were successful in removing or eliminating most of the non-Jews when they implemented their colonial project to create a Gentile-free nation, they did not succeed. The Palestinians resisted the take-over of their country by the Europeans, they never demanded that the native Jews, those that arrived after the expulsion from Spain and Portugal after 1492, be expelled.

The ancestors of the Palestinians called it Palestine or Palaestina since it became a Roman province, even before the ancestors of today's Palestinians converted to Christianity from Paganism, Judaism and other religions.

While the European Zionists were successful in removing or eliminating most of the non-Jews when they implemented their colonial project to create a Gentile-free nation, they did not succeed. The Palestinians resisted the take-over of their country by the Europeans, they never demanded that the native Jews, those that arrived after the expulsion from Spain and Portugal after 1492, be expelled.
The Arab-Moslem invaders resisted?

Do tell.

They didn't resist enough when the combined Arab-Islamist armies invaded in 1948. What a shame the invading Arab-Islamist armies forcibly displaced the Arab-Islamist squatters.

NK again. They do not speak for all jews or Israelis. Many jews view them as heretics and NK views jews who do not believe what they espouse as heretics.
They are a tiny minority of mostly NYC jewish cult, totaling a few thousand.

NK do not speak for the 15 million jews

Post anything they say as authoritative is dishonest
I was discussing the "the grandchild of an 8 generation Palestinian family."

Try to follow along.

2 great uncles and great-grandmother were born there. I spent years in and out of camps both to visit with friends and to work. Several of those I went to school with, even a couple in my building who I would baby sit for.

Except for propaganda purposes by radicals, NK don't speak for palestinians.

I seriously doubt you know much of anything about palestinians except what you get off a handful of sites.

How you can think that NK have a better knowledge or voice is seriously demented.

I have spent most of my life seeking cooperation and peace. You spread hate and disinformation.

No real Israeli, jew or palestinians would ever rely on NK to represent their best interest. Even most muslims, sunni or shiite, think they are a joke.

The more you try to present NK as anything other than a tool of a small radical fringe, the more you discredit yourself.

How much of your blood has been lost to actually achieving anything substantial? Did you get a paper cut hanging flyers on telephone poles, for the NK? Did you snag finger nail on the keyboard with your cut and paste?

Bullets, rockets, car bombs, what do you really know about life in the middle east, either jewish or palestinian?

How many massacres have you actually witnessed? How many land registrations have you researched in Turkish or British archives? How many hands have you held? How many have you buried? How many have you helped to reunite with family? How many stories have you listened too over cups of tea or meals shared?
How many have you helped to bring into the world? How many have you helped to relocated and find jobs for around the world? How many sermons and speeches have listened to? How many lectures have you been asked to give?

You think some inconsequential cult rabbi knows more or speaks for those who live over there?

Have you ever visited Jerusalem or the mount? Do you have a degree in history or religion of the region?

Did you think this or any of a number of forums were populated with ignorants that were easily persuaded or fooled?
One of your best posts ever! Well done.

How many times do you have to be told, there were no Palestinians or Palestine in 1492, nor did the Arabs have a say, the land was under Ottoman rule,Mano had defeated the Arab invaders, after their short rule. So it wasn't up the conquered Arabs, ever.

How many times do you have to be told, there were no Palestinians or Palestine in 1492, nor did the Arabs have a say, the land was under Ottoman rule,Mano had defeated the Arab invaders, after their short rule. So it wasn't up the conquered Arabs, ever.

While I was talking about the Palestinians that were removed or killed by the Zionist European invaders, Ottoman Filistin had inhabitants and they were people from Palestine. Since the Ottoman Filistin Risalesi (Palestine manual or treatise in English) exists and can be found just by googling, the Ottomans called the area Filistin (Palestine).

Of course it was and is up to the native inhabitants, always it is up to the native inhabitants.

Ottoman Filistin also had a variety of Jewish communities.
They were removed or killed more than a time by their fellow Arab neighbors, centuries before political Zionism. Up to just 30-50 years prior to the first Zionist immigration Jewish communities were targeted in Jerusalem, Safed, Tiberias and Hebron.

Why should we exclude them from the whole picture?

There is no remotely neutral, independent and authoritative evidence that prior to 1850 there were more than a handful of Jews in Palestine. To the contrary:

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF

PALESTINE,

during the period
1st JULY, 1920--30th JUNE, 1921.

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF
PALESTINE.

I.--THE CONDITION OF PALESTINE AFTER THE WAR.

"The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews."

https://unispal.un.org/DPA/DPR/unispal.nsf/0/349B02280A930813052565E90048ED1C

While I was talking about the Palestinians that were removed or killed by the Zionist European invaders, Ottoman Filistin had inhabitants and they were people from Palestine. Since the Ottoman Filistin Risalesi (Palestine manual or treatise in English) exists and can be found just by googling, the Ottomans called the area Filistin (Palestine).

Of course it was and is up to the native inhabitants, always it is up to the native inhabitants.
Ha ha ha. Ottoman Fuckenstine..another made up word. The Ottomans called the region southern Syria, deal with it. And the conquered Arab invaders had zero say what the Ottomans decided to do with conquered territory.

Last edited:
There is no remotely neutral, independent and authoritative evidence that prior to 1850 there were more than a handful of Jews in Palestine. To the contrary:

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF

PALESTINE,

during the period

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF
PALESTINE.

"The Jewish element of the population numbers 76,000. Almost all have entered Palestine during the last 40 years. Prior to 1850 there were in the country only a handful of Jews."

Mandate for Palestine - Interim report of the Mandatory to the League of Nations/Balfour Declaration text (30 July 1921)
Yawn, same mutilated documents spammed over and over. This idiot truly has nothing.

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF

PALESTINE,

during the period

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF
PALESTINE.

Their 'handful' is in the thousands. We've been over this before

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF

PALESTINE,

during the period

AN INTERIM REPORT
ON THE
CIVIL ADMINISTRATION
OF
PALESTINE.

Their 'handful' is in the thousands. We've been over this before

It was a few thousand only after the Zionist invasion. You just continue to deny fact and present propaganda as reliable.

Ha ha ha. Ottoman Fuckenstine..another made up word. The Ottomans called the region southern Syria, deal with it. And the conquered Arab invaders had zero say what the Ottomans decided to do with conquered territory.

No they called it Filistin, in Turkish. As the source documentation confirms. There were few Arabian invaders. Most were long gone. The people of Filistin were the native people. As confirmed from even Jew sources:

"Native Population almost wholly descended from Jews who had been forcibly converted to Christianity, and later Islam, not Arab in origin
In Palestine the "small" number of Arab invaders who had been imported by the Arabian conquerors were wiped out by disease. Thus the "myth" of the "Palestinian Arab" descending "from the Arab conquerors" appears to be factually incorrect for all but perhaps a few. "

Native Population almost wholly descended from Jews who had been forcibly converted

Forum List

Back