Don't sit back and wait for the government to fix the economy!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by courseofhistory, Sep 2, 2012.

1. courseofhistory

courseofhistory BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Don't republicans and Romney say that dems and libs just sit around and wait for things to be given to them by the government? Why should improving their lives be any different? If I truly believed that crap, I'd turn down everything that had anything to do with the government. Any takers from the republican side? In many instance, individuals can improve their status in life (which is the republican mantra that I agree with). Try it!:D

Don't wait for the savior Mitt or even Obama (because neither can dramatically change things--although some of Obama's policies are helping a little).

Some ways YOU can try to help improve the economy:

One of the keys is how you spend your money to help local economies get healthier and stay in business. Consumer spending leads to more demand, which means more production, which means more jobs and investment, which means the government gets more tax revenue that can be turned back into the economy.

More ideas:

:clap2:

Read more

More:

More ways listed at link.

2. bripat9643

bripat9643 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,385
    All your recommendations amount to one thing: put your head on the chopping block and hope the axe doesn't fall.

I only have one thing to say in response: you first.

3. courseofhistory

courseofhistory BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +181
    So, I take it you think individuals should just sit back and wait for the government/Mitt Romney to fix the economy? Isn't that the opposite of personal repsonsiblity and small government the republicans keep shouting about?

4. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    No, we should sit back and wait for government to get the fuck out of the way.
    Government cannot create prosperity. But it can do lots of things to destroy it. As the Obama Administration proves daily.

5. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,457
    Well, if your losing money daily from Oblama then maybe you should change the way you are doing things.