Don't Rebuild New Orleans

I've got sort of a middle stance. I don't want tax money to rebuild everything, but I really would like to see the infastructure rebuilt and for contractors to follow up by rebuilding the buildings and making sure that their investment is protected by a GOOD levee.

Hobbit said:
I've got sort of a middle stance. I don't want tax money to rebuild everything, but I really would like to see the infastructure rebuilt and for contractors to follow up by rebuilding the buildings and making sure that their investment is protected by a GOOD levee.

Why not tax money? We are tax payers. You people don't understand how much stuf goes through the Port of Orleans. You will pay more for just about everything if it's not rebuilt. I agree with you that the levees need
to be built that a nuke couldn't take out. Donald Trump was on local tv yesterday. He was about to build a building in New Orleans before Katrina. He said he still wants to build there but the levees must be improved. According to Trump what happened to the levees were inexcusable and we have the ability to build ones that could withstand anything.

rcajun90 said:
Why not tax money? We are tax payers. You people don't understand how much stuf goes through the Port of Orleans. You will pay more for just about everything if it's not rebuilt. I agree with you that the levees need
to be built that a nuke couldn't take out. Donald Trump was on local tv yesterday. He was about to build a building in New Orleans before Katrina. He said he still wants to build there but the levees must be improved. According to Trump what happened to the levees were inexcusable and we have the ability to build ones that could withstand anything.

Tax dollars should go to infastructure, as usual. Roads, power plants and lines, phones, etc. You know, infastructure. However, I don't want everyone's house and business rebuilt with tax dollars like a few people are proposing. Maybe give a one-time tax break to contractors building there, but rebuilding homes and businesses really should remain in the private sector.

Hobbit said:
Tax dollars should go to infastructure, as usual. Roads, power plants and lines, phones, etc. You know, infastructure. However, I don't want everyone's house and business rebuilt with tax dollars like a few people are proposing. Maybe give a one-time tax break to contractors building there, but rebuilding homes and businesses really should remain in the private sector.

I understand what you are saying now and I agree. We have payed our flood insurance for twenty years yet we have never had to use it. If you live in South Louisiana sooner or later you will be flooded. If you didn't pay your flood insurance that's your fault and the government shouldn't pay to rebuild your home. In St. Tammany about 12 years ago it started to rain and it didn't stop for like a week and many homes were flooded. Again God blessed us and spared us. I just hope the government local, state and federal gives incentives for business to relocate to New Orleans. Tax breaks etc...

Forum List

Back