Don't Mess with Christie - Fires entire commission

Yea well, whatever your source that said that Obama said he "only" needs to be "natural born American if he was running for President, which I am not". was apparently the "off" source, so to speak. He knew he was a Citizen.

Last edited:
Yea well, whatever your source that said that Obama said he "only" needs to be "natural born American if he was running for President, which I am not". was apparently the "off" source, so to speak. He knew he was a Citizen.

I have the quote, in context. What I don't have - and why I didn't take it seriously... is a firm source. I have a source but I can't confirm it. I have a thing about sources. I only use a source I can verify. Hence, I get a lot of idiots screaming 'link' at me.... I don't link to the media because they are not trustworthy to keep a quote in context.

Ya really think that when the jersey rats get through with him he will still be politically germain to the national political scene?

So far it's he that has them on the run. I heard a commercial here in IL addressed to businesses in our state, by Christie. It came down to, 'Bet you'd never think that NJ could beat IL or other industrial states, but we can, by a lot. We're business friendly, family friendly and we want you here. Check us out.' He sites what they've done with their deficits and taxes, compared to where IL is today. Might work.

I'm impressed with his willingness to work with Democrats and business to improve education, while lowering costs. While not exactly attacking the unions regarding education, he has the teachers that are giving less than they should to the students. I'm all for that.

For decades, the commissioners who ran the state’s largest sewage treatment plant operated it as if they lived in their own kingdom, accountable to no one — not even the governor.

They hired brothers, wives, children and in-laws; cut sweetheart deals for insiders; gave out lucrative, no-bid consulting contracts, and ran up lavish travel expenditures.

Today, Gov. Chris Christie said he had had enough.

He fired nearly all of them.

"This will show you how out of touch these professional political hacks are," Christie said of Flynn’s response. "This is outrageous, and I’ve just had enough. The statute permits to terminate these people for cause."

Gov. Christie moves to fire all but one member of Passaic Valley Sewerage Commissioners | NJ.com

Love him or hate him - the guy has giant set of balls. :clap2:

I read about this in the Bergen Record ( NorthJersey.com: Local News, Breaking News, Sports, Bergen, Passaic, Morris, Essex, Hudson, Sussex, Classifieds, Real Estate, Traffic & Weather) on line.
Tragic how these thugs got away with this for so long.
But, that is part and parcel of how New Jersey's dysfunctional and corrupt political system "works"...The phrase "this is how we've always done things" has pervaded NJ politics for decades. The state is broken. Taxes out of control. Political patronage and nepotism are rampant. The residents powerless to do anything about it. Once newly elected officials are " oriented" with 'this is how we've always done things', they fall right into line.
Congrats to Governor Christie for having the stones to make a challenge and to follow through on those challenges and take on the old guard political establishment.
Christie is taking on the corrupt and very powerful public worker unions which have had carte blanche for decades. The taxpayers of NJ have been fleeced by these unions. Public worker salaries are far and away above those for the private sector. That is unjust.

It doesn't take balls to fire people who aren't doing their job in fear of "losing power/voters," all it takes is integrity. He's got plenty of Security.

It does when those people have political influence.

Wrong. It's got the most beautiful beaches on the east coast and mountains and lakes and shopping and restaurants... And me!

I love this state. Except for the govt.
New Jersey has many great qualities. It is not the chemical plant crowded shithole that many folks who've never been there perceive.
The state has many problems. The government and political corruption are the largest.

Wrong. It's got the most beautiful beaches on the east coast and mountains and lakes and shopping and restaurants... And me!

And the board walk, Cape May, salt water taffy and Johnson's popcorn. :thup:

Mountains? Gedouddahere! Those ain't mountains, those are foothills. You haven't seen real mountains I suspect, because New jersey's "mountains" don't amount to a whole lot.

I'm looking for the day I can get out of jersey. The traffic, all the people who are in such a fucking hurry to go nowhere at 80 mph, and of course the insatiable government tax collectors here! Forget it!

It's the arm pit of America.
That'd be Illinois. NY/NJ is the ass.

Screw that..New York is the premier state of the US. Everyone comes here. Texas is the ass. It even looks like a large intestine..with a colon at the bottom. And it's definitely full of shit.

Can't speak for the southern reaches of the state but Austin and West Texas are beautiful. I don't care for West Texas' politics all that much but I can't find a better people.

Well he is kind of an A-hole. And I don't know the whole story, only Christie side. But he would be absolutely horrible as president. He is 400 lb "Little Debbies" downer. I mean a president should have a vision, this guy just says no to everything.

An improved tunnel to Manhattan to make it better to get into the City? No

Teachers that have concerns about what he is doing? F off. Teachers aren't important.

A long time commission? F you. I am greatness.

But what do I know? I think you should definetely put him and Bachmann on the ballot. I am sure they will win. :lol:

christie likes tough gun restrictions and only considers illegal immigration a minor offense (civil only unless you re-enter after deportation). two pretty big issues

Mountains? Gedouddahere! Those ain't mountains, those are foothills. You haven't seen real mountains I suspect, because New jersey's "mountains" don't amount to a whole lot.

I'm looking for the day I can get out of jersey. The traffic, all the people who are in such a fucking hurry to go nowhere at 80 mph, and of course the insatiable government tax collectors here! Forget it!
You're not alone. In the past 7 years nearly $70 billion in wealth has left NJ.
Unfortunately ,unless you want to take a shellacking on your home, you're stuck. You cannot sell without losing money. 5 -7 years ago you were sitting on an ATM.

Well he is kind of an A-hole. And I don't know the whole story, only Christie side. But he would be absolutely horrible as president. He is 400 lb "Little Debbies" downer. I mean a president should have a vision, this guy just says no to everything.

An improved tunnel to Manhattan to make it better to get into the City? No

Teachers that have concerns about what he is doing? F off. Teachers aren't important.

A long time commission? F you. I am greatness.

But what do I know? I think you should definetely put him and Bachmann on the ballot. I am sure they will win. :lol:
Yes a new tunnel would help. But not at $8 billion and that is before the crooked unions get ahold of the project and double the price.
There is NO money for that project and all the same people know that.
Say no to everything?....Ok what is that supposed to mean? Is he required to support things he sees as a poor use of taxpayer resources just to make YOU happy?
You just want what you want whether it is fiscally feasible or not. You don't care where the money comes from and would probably just agree to have the State raise your taxes to get it.
Christie is not fighting the teachers. He is battling with their union which allows teachers to become "tenured". Tenure basically allows a teacher virtually unfettered lifetime employment. He is taking on the powerful public worker unions one at a time. He just started off with the NJEA. You must understand that public sector workers in NJ cannot continue to receive the high pay and costly benefits any longer. There is no one else to tax. There's no more money.......Here. follow this link and see just what public sector wages are in NJ.....If you do not live in the State you'll be shocked at what these people are paid....Just one example. My former High School district has about 400 teachers. Over half of them are paid in excess of $100,000 per year. Nearly 2/3's are over $75,000 per year. That does not include their benefit and retirement plan. They get free health insurance for life is they reach retirement age. And a very nice pension.
The average teacher if they work until retirement contributes about $120,000 toward their pension. If a person retires at the min age of 55 and lives a normal life expectancy of 25 more years, they will collect close to $3million in pension and benefits. That does not include the sick and vacation time teachers are permitted to "bank".
That is an absurd wage and benefit package. Absolutely absurd.
THAT is the problem Christie is trying to defeat. The reason why NJ has the highest property taxes in the country, the reason why public worker unions have such power, the reason why there is so much corruption is BECAUSE his predecessors always said "yes"..
Do you get it now? Or are you so focused on you self interest that you are permanently unconcerned about who pays for your wants?

He does need to tone it down with the teachers union. There is no one in our district making $100K. The average pay is $55K. Our union has always negotiated lower salaries in exchange for free health benefits. Now we have to pay for those. He talks about "failing schools" (Newark, Jersey City, Camden...), yet fails to mention that the we are home to many of the top public schools in the country.

Yes, the pension is broke and feeds to be fixed. But "school reform" and "pension reform" are two completely separate issues. Lumping them together as a PR stunt, will not solve either.

It's one thing to go after the leadership. It's unwise to go after the whole profession.

My mother is very active with the Republican party and worked on Christie's campaign. She has two children who are teachers. She won't support him any longer.

Nearly half the teachers in my school are Republicans. They won't support him any longer.

He needs to call a ceasefire with this war on the NJEA. Soon.

Forum List

Back