Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DISAGREE BUTTON? :bang3::bang3:
Yet another improvement. If you want to publicly disagree you'll have to contribute to the discussion in some manner, and in the case of some posters, not referring to you, longknife, I use "contribute" quite loosely.

I have yet another question.

When I reply to a post using the Reply feature, it takes me to the end of the thread. And, when I try to return to the post I was replying to, it takes me back to the thread list.

When I reply to a post using the Reply feature, it takes me to the end of the thread. And, when I try to return to the post I was replying to, it takes me back to the thread list.

Informative. :thup: :badgrin:
Actually, I found it just takes me to the bottom of the page the post is on. It then shows up again at the end of the thread.

This was confusing to me as well. A reply is temporarily placed at the bottom of the page that you are on. But it ACTUALLY resides on the LAST page. This is so that you aren't jerked to the Last page while you're still reviewing pages previous. Some folks (me included) got disoriented by this at first. But it makes sense from a browsing standpoint.

It was decided that it would be removed because people were abusing it.
How can you abuse something that has no meaning?

The "disagrees" WERE actually tallied. You would have something like +1859/12/0 rating. The MIDDLE number was R'exes.. And the abuse was so rampant that single posters were getting DOZENS per hour from another single poster..

BTW --- Please cut the flaming in this thread. MOST folks still want a thread about
S/Ware transistion issues. Not about personal issues..

The "disagrees" WERE actually tallied. You would have something like +1859/12/0 rating. The MIDDLE number was R'exes.. And the abuse was so rampant that single posters were getting DOZENS per hour from another single poster..
Tallied but meaningless, correct? Why not just stop tallying them.

D

Tallied but meaningless, correct? Why not just stop tallying them.

That's kinda like having a button that not's connected to anything -- isn't it? Would just clutter up your alert box and probably be abused even more heavily..

4990807560_3e9d9ba439.jpg

Yet another improvement. If you want to publicly disagree you'll have to contribute to the discussion in some manner, and in the case of some posters, not referring to you, longknife, I use "contribute" quite loosely.
thats going to be difficult for some here who routinely negged in lieu of attempting to debate for obvious reasons

I usually do that anyway. It's hard to feel satisfied by just clicking a button and keeping my big mouth shut. :biggrin:

I want to direct this at CK but any other mods that had a hand in this I would like to thank. I had mentioned something about getting the thanks button back and you guys listened to me and others and reinstituted it. Appreciate you all paying attention to the feedback and doing something about it. Trophy points all around.

That's my opinion, but several members were taking it pretty seriously and were getting upset by "enemy" posters abusively red x-ing them 20 times a day so we felt it was best just to get rid of the feature.
That's funny.

I want to direct this at CK but any other mods that had a hand in this I would like to thank. I had mentioned something about getting the thanks button back and you guys listened to me and others and reinstituted it. Appreciate you all paying attention to the feedback and doing something about it. Trophy points all around.

Good grief.
Yeah trophy points mean nothing when everyone gets them. Just like higher education. The bar is lowered once again. Just like all expectations.in America and around the world :thup:

That by the way is the liberal way

Good grief.
Yeah trophy points mean nothing when everyone gets them. Just like higher education. The bar is lowered once again. Just like all expectations.in America and around the world :thup:

And yet I'm still blowing you away. ;)

Good grief.

And yet I'm still blowing you away. ;)

And I care? Besides everyone knows you are much funnier, prettier and more intelligent than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back