Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
why change it? It was nothing wrong with the board and now it just looks crazy

What was the purpose of the Upgrade??? Bulletin style was the best
totally agree,everythings confusing.there was NOTHING wrong with the way it was before,why fix something thats not broken? geez!!!!!

This was a downgrade not an upgrade so it was most likely done for economic reasons, which, to be clear, is a perfectly legitimate justification. Afterall, it's a free site.

btw, were we advised ahead of time of this change and I missed it? And where did my picture albums go? Did I miss the fine print that said that pictures uploaded to the albums became the property of USMB?

The one issue I'm having now, is that in a discussion, using the replay feature, you end up with a hundred qoutes.

When they first went online, it would only quote the exact message you replied to, which resulted in you losing context and flow of the discussion.

Now, it quotes everything, so you end up with a post of 5 new lies, and 5 pages of quoted text.

The previous forum software would quote only the last 5 quotes, and automatically delete the rest. This gave you enough context to follow the conversion, without spamming the forum with 5 pages of quotes.

At this point, this is the only truly irritating aspect of the forum to me.

You have no 'we'.
Blocked USMB scrips just to try it out. Can't do multi quotes but who cares about that? Seems to be a little more logical now. We shall see.

We?
Blocked USMB scrips just to try it out. Can't do multi quotes but who cares about that? Seems to be a little more logical now. We shall see.
You can multi-quote. Click on +quote when posting.
With USmb scripts forbidden that option does not appear.

Be forewarned: you guys keep fucking with scripts you're on your own.

Disabling a script is a single right-click action, as it turning them back on. Until the problems are fixed, the work-around is disabling them.

What I think you're actually saying is "If you turn scripts off you don't see the ads." :)
No I think I was pretty clear. If you start returning server errors don't come into this thread complaining
:)

^Good to keep in mind.

totally agree,everythings confusing.there was NOTHING wrong with the way it was before,why fix something thats not broken? geez!!!!!

This was a downgrade not an upgrade so it was most likely done for economic reasons, which, to be clear, is a perfectly legitimate justification. Afterall, it's a free site.

btw, were we advised ahead of time of this change and I missed it? And where did my picture albums go? Did I miss the fine print that said that pictures uploaded to the albums became the property of USMB?
Me too I want to delete my album.Where do I find it?

Me too I want to delete my album.Where do I find it?

It's hilarious, in a sad sort of way, that this question seems (correct me if I'm wrong) to be getting the silent treatment.

I think the Plus Size Nudie Bar for women over 50 has a better look than the new graphics lol

I generally hate change and was looking at probably having to find a new playground. After a week or so of learning curve I find it's working just fine and expect to like it better when I figure out a few more minor things.

Knowing how much work goes into a platform shift I gotta say this one has been exceptionally well done!

I am wondering the same thing: what happened to albums?

The so-called "upgrade" has some good with the bad. Of course, there was nothing wrong with the other platform so what the hell. When in doubt....make more money. :)

I kinda miss the old board. And kinda not. I'm on the proverbial fence.

I am not resistant to change, but I did like the old format better. Without ad block this would be a nightmare.

Some of the features are better with this format....I think some of the features with the other format were better under the old system.

Bottom line: I think to call this an "upgrade" is a stretch. My guess all along is the change was done to either save money, or generate more money for the owners. The users of USMB who ultimately pay all the bills either as supporting members or by their presence (eyeballs on the screen) were a secondary consideration at best.

I kinda miss the old board. And kinda not. I'm on the proverbial fence.

I am not resistant to change, but I did like the old format better. Without ad block this would be a nightmare.

Some of the features are better with this format....I think some of the features with the other format were better under the old system.

Bottom line: I think to call this an "upgrade" is a stretch. My guess all along is the change was done to either save money, or generate more money for the owners. The users of USMB who ultimately pay all the bills either as supporting members or by their presence (eyeballs on the screen) were a secondary consideration at best.

I can see your point. But now I am leary of using Like or Agree or even Disagree cuz I got reamed a new one today for doing all three.

If admin needs to find less expensive software, then great. Understood. Making money is understandable too. But....and there is that pesky but....it affected the people that MADE this board, yes? So..why not make them as happy as they can? Give pixie her animated avie. Get more script for different colors to soothe older eyes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back