Don't like the Upgrade at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its awesome, you just gotta give it some time to get used to it, and I think some images are missing..

The upgrade appears somewhat buggy at this time but it is still early on and perhaps that's to be expected. I have encountered a few problems along the way.

The following pops up at times and I'm not sure what it is making reference to.

1. [object Object]

2. Loading...

3. The icon at the very top right corner shows that I have 9 Alerts but that icon is frozen where I cannot click it to see those alerts.

Also the picture icons of members appear to freeze when clicked on. And is there still the option to PM another member? If so, how does that work now?

I find that for every attempt to post, etc. I have to first REFRESH the page in order for it to work. Why is that?

Finally, I see the live animated icons are no longer animated. Is everyone else experiencing the same thing?
Thanks!

I don't keep coming back to this place for the software, I do it to read the quality posts. That being said, this is going to some time to get adjusted to.

I was a member of a board that did alerts, instead of the user cp with the auto subscribed threads there, easily followed.

The board subsequently died. No lie.

I don't keep coming back to this place for the software, I do it to read the quality posts. That being said, this is going to some time to get adjusted to.
Same here but the huge ...everything...is distracting, though I can easily read every word; between pictures that is;)

I usually post from my iPhone. Don't think I can run google chrome from my iPhone.
You can use Google Chrome application, or simply download the forum application, I think both should work, but for the PC users I definitely recommend using Google Chrome, it support most of the features (css3.5html5.0) so to me its working great.
Chrome Browser
Here is the link.

So everyone's rep is gone. I am OK with that.

It's different, but it's hardly "unreadable" or any other nonsense. It's simply a different style that will take some getting used to. No more reputation alone makes it a vast improvement, in my opinion.

Wow, really? I had no idea that the 'reputation' thing was such a big deal to anyone.

I can't think of a single time, since I joined the forum, that I even bothered to look at someone's reputation, before replying to them.

Nor can I think of a single time that someone gave me positive rep, where it matter all that much, or negative rep and I cared at all. In fact, when people who were trolls, or completely incoherent in their posts, gave me negative reputation, I considered that to be a positive. When trolls complain about you, that's a sure sign you are doing good.

Oh. Never mind. I found quick reply. Still....no likey. Sorry, CK. But...oy. No. ACKETY OY.

Wow, really? I had no idea that the 'reputation' thing was such a big deal to anyone.

I can't think of a single time, since I joined the forum, that I even bothered to look at someone's reputation, before replying to them.

Nor can I think of a single time that someone gave me positive rep, where it matter all that much, or negative rep and I cared at all. In fact, when people who were trolls, or completely incoherent in their posts, gave me negative reputation, I considered that to be a positive. When trolls complain about you, that's a sure sign you are doing good.
The less opportunity for people to be rude to one another the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back