Don’t let the Dems kill the John Doe amendment

Actually that has been discussed enough on the boards. Do a search. I'm not going hunting for links for you.

I think that I understand the amendment. I was hoping that someone would explain it to me without linking political hype and hyperbole with it. After searching some web sites, I think that I understand it. If my understanding is correct, I’m in favor of it.

People who, in good faith, voice reasonable concern for their safety when they see people engaged in suspicious activity should not be penalized. People, who call child protective services when they think that abuse is occurring, are protected. I might be inclined to make an exception or an addition to the amendment. If someone make many calls out of alleged concern and those concerns turn out to be unfounded, then perhaps that person needs to be fined or counseled. A person can really cause problems by calling the police bunches of times for insignificant problems.

Okay, it is a somewhat complex issue to distinguish between legitimate concerns when seeing unusual questionable activity and severe prejudice and paranoia. Still, I think that people who voice concern in good faith should be protected to some degree. :eusa_think:

I think that I understand the amendment. I was hoping that someone would explain it to me without linking political hype and hyperbole with it. After searching some web sites, I think that I understand it. If my understanding is correct, I’m in favor of it.

People who, in good faith, voice reasonable concern for their safety when they see people engaged in suspicious activity should not be penalized. People, who call child protective services when they think that abuse is occurring, are protected. I might be inclined to make an exception or an addition to the amendment. If someone make many calls out of alleged concern and those concerns turn out to be unfounded, then perhaps that person needs to be fined or counseled. A person can really cause problems by calling the police bunches of times for insignificant problems.

Okay, it is a somewhat complex issue to distinguish between legitimate concerns when seeing unusual questionable activityBott and severe prejudice and paranoia. Still, I think that people who voice concern in good faith should be protected to some degree. :eusa_think:
Bottom line, if I'm on a plane or train or el or bus with those that are acting perculiar, I should be able to make an inquiry, without fear of civil lawsuit. d'oh

Forum List

Back