Don't know why, but I want to ask...

Very interesting take and slightly different from the commonly understood definition of the two. I think the traditional definition describes one as outgoing, the other as shy. This seems to define it more as drawing strength from surroundings in one and drawing strength from self in the other, if I am reading it right.

I considered giving you my condensed version, which is that introverts absorb, and extroverts emit.:D

Of course, it's not just one or the other, but in general, introverts are sensitive to their surroundings, and extroverts tend to create an energetic atmosphere.:) It's an energy flow of sorts.

Very interesting take and slightly different from the commonly understood definition of the two. I think the traditional definition describes one as outgoing, the other as shy. This seems to define it more as drawing strength from surroundings in one and drawing strength from self in the other, if I am reading it right.

I considered giving you my condensed version, which is that introverts absorb, and extroverts emit.:D

Of course, it's not just one or the other, but in general, introverts are sensitive to their surroundings, and extroverts tend to create an energetic atmosphere.:) It's an energy flow of sorts.

Lately I have been doing more absorbing than emitting. And right now I am going to go absorb into my mattress. These late nights are killing me.

Until tomorrow.

i've been a member of 4 boards....2 of the other boards were not that much fun because they were weighted, one was a right wing board with mostly right wingers, one was a left wing board with mostly left wing posters...they really were boring boards, where everyone just agreed with one another on their whines about ''the other side''.....

this board HOOKED ME, line and sinker, because there is a good mix of members from each side of the aisle....it's not boring, it's like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get....white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, pea-nuts, jelly, coco-nut, creme, inside etc....

i've been a member of 4 boards....2 of the other boards were not that much fun because they were weighted, one was a right wing board with mostly right wingers, one was a left wing board with mostly left wing posters...they really were boring boards, where everyone just agreed with one another on their whines about ''the other side''.....

this board HOOKED ME, line and sinker, because there is a good mix of members from each side of the aisle....it's not boring, it's like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gonna get....white chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, pea-nuts, jelly, coco-nut, creme, inside etc....

I agree.. Also if you feel like debate, having fun, learning interesting stuff, even insults and stupidity, with all these Forums there's a lot available to hold your interest..Great people on here.. mostly..

I usually quit a forum within a week or I'm banned after two weeks. But it's been about a month and while I expected to be banned twice I'm still here. So I think it's a pretty good place.

They let you speak your mind.

I usually quit a forum within a week or I'm banned after two weeks. But it's been about a month and while I expected to be banned twice I'm still here. So I think it's a pretty good place.

I felt I've crossed the line a few times in the past year, just got too intense.

But in general I can't see how people can't communicate in at least reasonable fashion and get their point across.. I'm not big on profanity especially with the Ladies, or lack of civility..

I felt I've crossed the line a few times in the past year, just got too intense.

But in general I can't see how people can't communicate in at least reasonable fashion and get their point across.. I'm not big on profanity especially with the Ladies, or lack of civility..

Civility is easy for me until I see complete partisan hackery. I really hate that.

Civility is easy for me until I see complete partisan hackery. I really hate that.

Don't look at me :eusa_hand: LOL

I don't usually last too long on moderated boards. I tend to get banned. :cuckoo: But there are hundreds of boards out there so it doesn't really matter. This place seems cool though.

I have been a part of other message boards but none that had politics as its main subject matter. I had fun on only one of those boards so I figure I have enough experience to know a good one when I find it. When I found USMB it was an immediate addiction for me so to speak. Not that I post a shitload but I love scanning through good threads and getting different points of view on different subjects. A lot of intelligent people on here imho.

Anyway... Those that have been a part of other political message boards, how does this one compare to you? I have no desire to go look for myself, so I will put myself at the mercy of you guys to fill me in.

:eusa_eh:

I find it to be rather typical

people who agree with you will be nice to you

SOME people who disagree with you will mock and ridicule you

SOME people who disagree with you will at least be civil about it

lots of leaping to erroneous conclusions

I see lots of derogatory commentary, swears, insults (and have certainly engaged in them myself though, as you may recall, last night I made a vow to NOT be like that anymore and so far I am sticking to it)

just like the other sites I've been on

I will say that this site is more liberal? free? in that they don't just go around banning people for any little infraction

(at least....they haven't banned ME yet)

Apparently so did I. I got a neg rep with this message attached. "There's a line. You crossed it." Having an opinion is a dangerous thing :lol: You really have to love those free thinking, tolerant progressives :cuckoo:

I am a relative newcomer here, and this one has a much better atmosphere than the one I came from. I find the people here to be friendlier than the previous one, and there seems to be a good number of relatively open-minded, libertarian-types. I also like the moderating better here from what I've seen so far.

Well *HI* there Lizzie and welcome big time....:) I have been here 6 months and didn't know if you were new or just someone who didn't post often. I am glad you are here and I have very much enjoyed reading you. Hope you have a great time. There is good variety in topics and good moddies, too, as you have noticed.

Aqua*
I'm very new here and as I mentioned this format is all new to me. Somewhat overwhelming at first, appearing almost chaotic. I wasn't sure if it was something I would like and had no strong intentions of staying. I felt ignored or outcast almost. Then Lizzie was like a friendly face who jumped out of the crowd and engaged in conversation with me. So I stuck around and now I am having a good time with it. So thanks Lizzie.

Nice post dude. I'd rep you for it but apparently I've given you one recently. Brings a tear to my eye. LOL Jump in with both feet and say whatever comes to your mind.

Because USMB allows peeps to speak their minds, regardless of the message, bodes well for the site. It keeps them in business, and I feel trumps all the negatives, such as posters calling other posters names. You know...the great GOTCHA styles many posters only care to use. The shining beauty of the site, is that you can put the ones that offend in the Ignore graveyard. *Bygones* :lol: "There is a solution to every problem." :eusa_whistle:

Because USMB allows peeps to speak their minds, regardless of the message, bodes well for the site. It keeps them in business, and I feel trumps all the negatives, such as posters calling other posters names. You know...the great GOTCHA styles many posters only care to use. The shining beauty of the site, is that you can put the ones that offend in the Ignore graveyard. *Bygones* :lol: "There is a solution to every problem." :eusa_whistle:

There is an ignore list here? I wonder how many I have made already :lol:

Well *HI* there Lizzie and welcome big time....:) I have been here 6 months and didn't know if you were new or just someone who didn't post often. I am glad you are here and I have very much enjoyed reading you. Hope you have a great time. There is good variety in topics and good moddies, too, as you have noticed.

Aqua*
I'm very new here and as I mentioned this format is all new to me. Somewhat overwhelming at first, appearing almost chaotic. I wasn't sure if it was something I would like and had no strong intentions of staying. I felt ignored or outcast almost. Then Lizzie was like a friendly face who jumped out of the crowd and engaged in conversation with me. So I stuck around and now I am having a good time with it. So thanks Lizzie.

Nice post dude. I'd rep you for it but apparently I've given you one recently. Brings a tear to my eye. LOL Jump in with both feet and say whatever comes to your mind.

Thank you. I just discovered I've reached my 24 hour limit too. It must be a carry over from yesterday.

I don't usually last too long on moderated boards. I tend to get banned. :cuckoo: But there are hundreds of boards out there so it doesn't really matter. This place seems cool though.

Where else do you go? Why do you get banned from moderated boards?

Where else do you go? Why do you get banned from moderated boards?

I get banned because people don't like what I have to say sometimes. You go to a board where the moderators are on the liberal side a vocal conservative like me doesn't last long. Also some mods are just douchebags. You have rules I'll generally follow them or just not post there. But some mods are all full of themselves and the power they have. Point out an issue or an infraction, that's cool. But start laying the threats and power trips and I kind of say FU back. I'll push the envelope until I get booted. It doesn't really matter.

Public sites are kind of a free for all. Anything goes. They can be kind of funny, you should check one out. MSNBC has a forum section. Only the UK board is still up. I think it's dying a bit though now. This is a moderated public forum. The old Yahoo boards were the best. Pure mayhem. LOL You have Yahoo answers but that kind of sucks. Yahoo is now allowing discussion on certain stories. If I find an intersting special interest site I'll troll it. Then you have the semi private sites. They require membership but accept pretty much anyone. Trollvalhalla, CO, CBT, Daoutskirtz, lots of them. Then you have the more private intimate sites which are membership by selection. You have to be invited or know someone to get in. It tends to be more of a collection of friends. Like The Lair, Kyleigh's Place, The Hangout. I float around but stick more to the public sites.

Forum List

Back