Don't know why, but I want to ask...

Conspiracist

Snuggle weather rocks!
Jan 6, 2010
Monkey Island
I have been a part of other message boards but none that had politics as its main subject matter. I had fun on only one of those boards so I figure I have enough experience to know a good one when I find it. When I found USMB it was an immediate addiction for me so to speak. Not that I post a shitload but I love scanning through good threads and getting different points of view on different subjects. A lot of intelligent people on here imho.

Anyway... Those that have been a part of other political message boards, how does this one compare to you? I have no desire to go look for myself, so I will put myself at the mercy of you guys to fill me in.

:eusa_eh:

I used to post on Aol back in the Clinton years.. It was great fun, all political for me, I either posted on the Democrat Board or the Republican. I developed a lot of friendships and missed them when it went down if flames.. The vulgarity just got to be too much for my tender sensibilities..:lol:

I've bounced around other Boards since then but for the most part I'm happy with this one...

I like this one also, compared to the two others I have been on. I don't read very far on the political threads that have much name-calling and profanity. Not that I judge those posters, just the negative content gets to me. Some of the posters maintain a sense of humor with their syntax and I appreciate those. The nice thing about it all, is that I can hop over to another Forum, and into a new world, so to speak. :)

I like this one also, compared to the two others I have been on. I don't read very far on the political threads that have much name-calling and profanity. Not that I judge those posters, just the negative content gets to me. Some of the posters maintain a sense of humor with their syntax and I appreciate those. The nice thing about it all, is that I can hop over to another Forum, and into a new world, so to speak. :)

Yeah, I've got a "new world" for your avatar!!!

Tease!!!!!!

drool-animated-animation-love-smiley-emoticon-000381-large.gif

Tease!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: Hey all of my av's are honest expressions of my spirit. Of who I am. And thanks for the post, U wittle wabbit. XOXO

Tease!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: Hey all of my av's are honest expressions of my spirit. Of who I am. And thanks for the post, U wittle wabbit. XOXO

Wittle!!?? Just wait! I'll show you!! :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :lol:

I am a relative newcomer here, and this one has a much better atmosphere than the one I came from. I find the people here to be friendlier than the previous one, and there seems to be a good number of relatively open-minded, libertarian-types. I also like the moderating better here from what I've seen so far.

I think this is as good a message board you're going to see for a couple of reasons:
A. Liberal to Conservative member ship ratio is about 50/50. I've been on boards that were heavily one way or the other and either you're part of the "circle jerk" or you get negged into oblivion. Not good for honest, open discussions.
B. It's run by a conservative, Gunny. He puts up with far more bullshit from Liberals than any other mod I've seen. Yeah, he'll rip you a new ass on line and in public, but I don't think he'll ever go behind your back to squash you as some other mods on other boards would. He's doesn't need to. He's tough but very fair. And no, I'm not trying to kiss his ass.

I am a relative newcomer here, and this one has a much better atmosphere than the one I came from. I find the people here to be friendlier than the previous one, and there seems to be a good number of relatively open-minded, libertarian-types. I also like the moderating better here from what I've seen so far.

Well *HI* there Lizzie and welcome big time....:) I have been here 6 months and didn't know if you were new or just someone who didn't post often. I am glad you are here and I have very much enjoyed reading you. Hope you have a great time. There is good variety in topics and good moddies, too, as you have noticed.

Aqua*

I have been a part of other message boards but none that had politics as its main subject matter. I had fun on only one of those boards so I figure I have enough experience to know a good one when I find it. When I found USMB it was an immediate addiction for me so to speak. Not that I post a shitload but I love scanning through good threads and getting different points of view on different subjects. A lot of intelligent people on here imho.

Anyway... Those that have been a part of other political message boards, how does this one compare to you? I have no desire to go look for myself, so I will put myself at the mercy of you guys to fill me in.

:eusa_eh:

This is the ONLY Political Forum that I would even consider subscribing to,

and I'll also donate to it,

'cuz you're 100% correct:

There ARE a ton a intelligent folks here and I want to hear and think about Every Single Thing most of 'em say!

Well, AND I'm hoping a subscription will save me from the Ban Hammer! :lol:

I think this is as good a message board you're going to see for a couple of reasons:
A. Liberal to Conservative member ship ratio is about 50/50. I've been on boards that were heavily one way or the other and either you're part of the "circle jerk" or you get negged into oblivion. Not good for honest, open discussions.
B. It's run by a conservative, Gunny. He puts up with far more bullshit from Liberals than any other mod I've seen. Yeah, he'll rip you a new ass on line and in public, but I don't think he'll ever go behind your back to squash you as some other mods on other boards would. He's doesn't need to. He's tough but very fair. And no, I'm not trying to kiss his ass.

Being the kind of trouble making cynic I am.

I can't help but wonder, what you would say if you were actually trying to kiss Gunny's ass... just as a comparison....:lol:

Forum List

Back