Don't Know WHERE To Put This... QUOTE Function and How To SHORTEN Quotes

fyrenza

Ariel Looney
May 22, 2010
south Texas
'Sup, peeps?

Why does anyone feel the necessity of quoting 1500 lines of ANYone's posts???

Ever heard of the Backspace key? Maybe, highlighting and Deleting?

'Cuz check THIS out: I might be old, stoned, drunk AND a dufus,

but I can flippin' remember the posts I've read!!!

I know ~ you want to speak to a certain PART of the post.

Why not delete the REST of it, insert elipses { ... } and only LEAVE the part you're actually replying to?

If it's ALL of it? JUST use the elipses, so that the poster knows who you're speaking to.

Bandwidth COUNTS, folks. It COSTS.

Just saying.

'Sup, peeps?

Why not delete the REST of it, insert elipses { ... } and only LEAVE the part you're actually replying to?

If it's ALL of it? JUST use the elipses, so that the poster knows who you're speaking to.

Just saying.

Okay. :thup:

'Sup, peeps?

Just saying.

Okay. :thup:

Works for me too.

I'm not a big fan of the large quotes within quotes, etc. because it gets very confusing (and time consuming) on a PDA.

But I think it's against the rules to edit anyone else's posts.

'Sup, peeps?

Just saying.

Why do people feel the need to type in large, bold colored font, and double-space every sentence? It's extremely hard on the eyes, and very obnoxious.

Just sayin'...

That's a minor dilemma when confronted with, as many are today, complex issues that would really require a page or several pages to voice one's views or interpretation including links, videos and graphics. Some are way overboard and a waste of bandwidth, and many times results in the reader throwing up their hands and moving on.

Best to condense one's thoughts without 'circling the subject' a dozen times with endless rhetoric as it would appear that I am doing now. And please, I think most people like the black font and white background,when in excess, the colorful fonts or entire posts in other colors, suck. :D

Usually that old adage about doing things in Moderation works well. 'Obese posts', I normally do not read in their entirety, unless it really peaks my interest. I am not interested in seeing, most of the time, when in a message board site, reading a complete thesis on a particular subject or issue.

Keerist! I am rambling like a runaway dictionary. I plead guilty. Well, at least I didn't quote the entire CD version of the Britannica, with graphics. :eek:

i been here over a year and still can make the quote function work....there are rules about quoting and messing with the quote....i just do the best i can and go on....i try not to quote much

Forum List

Back