Don't know how I missed Keith Emerson died in 2016.

Emerson wasn’t a fan of his ‘Lucky Man’ solo.

In our October 1977 interview, we asked Keith about the solo and he said, “I didn’t think much of the solo. Honestly, it’s a lot of shit. But it was just what he wanted.”

I regret never seeing ELP and Keith Emerson live. I did see 'Yes' and Rick Wakeman when they came to Landover Md. One of the best shows I ever saw hands down.

I don’t own any analog synths anymore, except technically my Roland JX8P. I sold my Moog and I sold both my Sequential Circuits years ago. My Kurzweil and soft synths do some nice representations but they’re digital, so they have a different character. Not worse, necessarily but different. It doesn’t matter much to me as I’m not a purist, and don’t believe anyone notices or cares. There are actually a few nice ‘Lucky Man’ VST sounds. The portamento is spot-on.

I regret never seeing ELP and Keith Emerson live. I did see 'Yes' and Rick Wakeman when they came to Landover Md. One of the best shows I ever saw hands down.
I saw them at their peak in the 70s
They put on a great show.
7 virgins and a mule
keep it cool keep it cool

Emerson wasn’t a fan of his ‘Lucky Man’ solo.

In our October 1977 interview, we asked Keith about the solo and he said, “I didn’t think much of the solo. Honestly, it’s a lot of shit. But it was just what he wanted.”
I remember that. As I recall he was just kind of "fooling around" with the Lucky man solo but the production manager was recording it and loved it. I guess we're all glad he did.

I saw Anderson, Rabin & Wakeman (ARW) 3 years ago this month in Las Vegas at The Palm. Excellent show, Rick was great. Anderson was so impressive.

Forum List

Back