Don’t Just Drain the Swamp – Spread the Swamp

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Move government offices out of Washington to places where the are close to the problems they are supposed to deal with. That’s what some members of the Trump Administration and some lawmakers want.

Sounds good. At first.

The Founders created Washington, District of Columbia, specifically as a place where the federal government could ply its LIMITED ROLE in the federation of separate states. The primary role was – and still is – to defend us from enemies, foreign and domestic. The second was to be an arbiter of differences between the varios states and to oversee interstate commerce. Third was a place where the three branches of government could meet to conduct their business.

Every one of the prominent Founders warned of political parties and the overreach of the federal government.

The discussion @ Spread the swamp? Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington @ Spread the swamp? Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington appears to be a reasoned argument for spreading federal offices across the country.

I just wonder if it really isn’t a liberal/progressive argument for usurping States Rights and replacing them with Omnibus Federalism.

Your thoughts?

Move government offices out of Washington to places where the are close to the problems they are supposed to deal with. That’s what some members of the Trump Administration and some lawmakers want.

Sounds good. At first.

The Founders created Washington, District of Columbia, specifically as a place where the federal government could ply its LIMITED ROLE in the federation of separate states. The primary role was – and still is – to defend us from enemies, foreign and domestic. The second was to be an arbiter of differences between the varios states and to oversee interstate commerce. Third was a place where the three branches of government could meet to conduct their business.

Every one of the prominent Founders warned of political parties and the overreach of the federal government.

The discussion @ Spread the swamp? Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington @ Spread the swamp? Trump administration wants to move government offices out of Washington appears to be a reasoned argument for spreading federal offices across the country.

I just wonder if it really isn’t a liberal/progressive argument for usurping States Rights and replacing them with Omnibus Federalism.

Your thoughts?

so you're suggesting that we get rid of the constitution and go back to living under the articles of confederation?

we've been there, done thet, got the t-shirt. it doesn't work.

you'd do better to get money out of politics so that government is responsive to people not their big money donor class.....

there is no form of government where you'd get to not serve gay people or blacks. (that's the generic you, not the personal you)

Sounds good. At first.

Your thoughts?

so you're suggesting that we get rid of the constitution and go back to living under the articles of confederation?

you'd do better to get money out of politics so that government is responsive to people not their big money donor class.....

there is no form of government where you'd get to not serve gay people or blacks. (that's the generic you, not the personal you)

Where the heck did you get that? I never once indicated a change to the constitution. I would never ask for that as I am a strict constitutionalist. The only way to change it is the way it's laid out.

Sounds good. At first.

Your thoughts?

Where the heck did you get that? I never once indicated a change to the constitution. I would never ask for that as I am a strict constitutionalist. The only way to change it is the way it's laid out.

I didn't even bother to ask.

She has a vault up her ass and she is continually pulling from it.

Forum List

Back