Don't it make your brown eyes blue?

brown eyes are dominant, blue is recessive.... brown eyed people can carry the blue eye gene from one parent and the brown eyed with the other parent, but the brown eyes show up....the blue eye gene is masked or hidden or silent.

this is why a brown eyed child, with one blue eyed parent, can still have a child with blue eyes IF they mate with a person with blue eyes....IF their "silent" blue eye gene hooks up instead of their dominant brown eye gene.

I have green eyes.

I just read in this article, that green eyes are NOT a variant of Blue eyes....which I always thought that they were...the article said that green eyes are just a variant of Brown eyes....

Care

I am the youngest of 6. All of my sibs have brown eyes. My ex-hubby has brown eyes. My daughter and I have blue eyes.

Does that mean we are dominant? :lol:

I am the youngest of 6. All of my sibs have brown eyes. My ex-hubby has brown eyes. My daughter and I have blue eyes.

Does that mean we are dominant? :lol:

does one of your parents have blue eyes or does any of your grandparents or their parents have blue eyes?

thus your blue eyes while the other 5 sibs with brown....

if you are showing blue, then one gene from yur mom that was blue and one gene from your dad was blue... hooked up.... both of your parents could be showing brown eyes with the blue gene being recessive/silent/

your two eye color genes are blue or your eyes would not show blue/

your ex, although with brown showing eyes HAD TO HAVE a silent blue eyed gene, hidden...for your daughter to be blue.

edit!

i should be using the word trait instead of gene!

Last edited:
my dads eyes brown moms eyes green, my moms motheres eyes green, my moms sister green, my sister brown eyes, dad brown eyes, its always green or brown in my family im the only one with blue eyes

my dads eyes brown moms eyes green, my moms motheres eyes green, my moms sister green, my sister brown eyes, dad brown eyes, its always green or brown in my family im the only one with blue eyes

grandparents or great grand parents on both sides, mom and dad's sides, any blue eyes?

So can two blue eyes parents have a brown eyed child? I would have imagined not, but there is always that exception to prove the rule.

Yes, Sara. Two blue-eyed parents can have a child with brown eyes.

Most of us learned the model for determining eye color that G.C. Davenport and C.B. Davenport devised in 1907. The Davenport model wrongly says brown eye color is always dominant over blue eye color, which means that two blue-eyed parents always have blue-eyed kids. We know better now.

"Although not common, two blue-eyed parents can produce children with brown eyes," says Richard A. Sturm, a Principal Research Fellow at the Institute for Molecular Bioscience at the University of Queensland in Brisbane, Australia.

LINK

We call this the "Milkman exception".

Last edited:
So can two blue eyes parents have a brown eyed child? I would have imagined not, but there is always that exception to prove the rule.

We call this the "Milkman exception".

THANK YOU!

it is still uncommon...for this to happen....but good to know that it can!

hmmmmmm.....wonder how many blue eyed dad's with blue eyed wives sued for divorce or just thought their spouse had an affair on them, cuz their child turned out with brown eyes.... :eek: just because they followed what was thought of as Science, on the eye color!

care

grandparents or great grand parents on both sides, mom and dad's sides, any blue eyes?

on my moms side all green, my dads mother hazel brown his siblings all brown, but my dads real dad....we dont know could be blue because he was the result of an affair she had while married....so its sketchy:cool:

Both my parents eyes were blue, but my sister's eyes are brown.

I have dark red eyes with what looks like a fire burning in the middle of them.

I wonder if that means anything. :eusa_whistle: :eusa_angel:

Sure!

Now, I better get to planning that HUGE family reunion........how much beer do you think I'll need?

For people with blue eyes?

One hell of a lot.

Might as well call the SWAT teams too.

You know how us White folk are when we start drinking at family reunions.

Sooner or later somebody starts shooting.

What is is about us White people, anyway?

We're mostly slaves to politeness (Pleases and Thank yous, Yes Ma'ams and the like) and I have a theory about why we are, too.

We have all these rules of politeness because we're such dangerous people at heart.

And our redheaded betheren are probably the most hotheaded among us, too.

Generalizations, I know, but let's face it...generalizations are often nothing more than a recognition of basic truths.

So we all sprang from the same women?

I understand that some liguists believe that the whole of mankind sprang from one women who probably had a LOT of daughters.

That would make our choice of the term "mother tongue" sage.

The theory is that having a form of communication is such a powerful tool, that the offspring of that specific woman founded the branch of early man which inevitably dominated our species.

Makes sense to me.

Hmmmmm, I just thought of something Echo, and all other blue eyed posters here on the site....and it ain't that good of news....at least to many of you blue eyed folk on the Left!!!

YOU are ALL related to George W. Bush.

:D

:lol:

A woman in my office thought the song title was "Donuts make my brown eyes blue"

Forum List

Back