'don't Impose Your Values' Argument Is Bigotry In Disguise

MissileMan said:
Why does this moment of silence have to take place in school? Why can't those who wish to offer a morning prayer do so before they go to school?

They could certainly do that as well. But what's the harm in having kids settle down for a minute or two to gather their thoughts for the day or maybe say a quick silent prayer? Only good can come of that, and it's certainly not intrusive to anyone.

Said1 said:
Think what you will, but I'm a nice Catholic girl right Bonnie.

Are you honestly saying this holds no allure for you?

0057.jpg

Gem said:
This nation, the United States, was founded by Christians...therefore the moral values they based our initial system of government and laws on was taken from their background in Christianity...
Okay, Gem - my mistake. I must have misread your post. Without a doubt, I agree with the point that you are making. Religious views are very, very deep rooted (indeed this is why so many people argue about them so often). As such, it is simply impossible for any individual to establish any fundamental principles for behaviour without taking their religious views into account. So, to summarise - are all of the values that Americans (should) hold dear also values that all Christians (do) hold dear? Absolutely. And as a direct result of the Founding Fathers being Christian. Are all of the values that Christians (do) hold dear the values that Americans (should) hold dear? Absolutely not. And as a direct result of the Founding Fathers subscription to the (Christian) ideal of free will, and the resultant separation of Church and State.

Said1 said:
So much for that gentleman thing. But to answer your question, no, not really.

Yeah. I misspoke on that gentleman thing! Hmmm. No? Don't like red? It's like sex with a Native American.

Bonnie said:
Gee, RWA nothing like the real thing! Any lady knows that!

That's nice to hear. Nice to know the robots will not take over all functions of life!

Bonnie said:
Actually Native American men can be quite good looking, especially the ones in the South West!! ;)

I know, I work with Native children, some of the dads are hot with a capital H! Have I mentioned Adam Beech has actually been in my house?? :thup:

Adam Beech

Said1 said:
I know, I work with Native children, some of the dads are hot with a capital H! Have I mentioned Adam Beech has actually been in my house?? :thup:

Adam Beech

He's yummy!!

Remember the brother in Last of The Mohecians, his name is Eric Schweig, he is beautiful!!!

Bonnie said:
He's yummy!!

Remember the brother in Last of The Mohecians, his name is Eric Schweig, he is beautiful!!!

Yes he is sweet. Another father recently played a Mohawk warrier in something I haven't seen (and forget the name). He's no Adam, but he'll do. :)

Forum List

Back