'don't Impose Your Values' Argument Is Bigotry In Disguise

and it's not in the constitution. all the constitution says is "congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion". You have the right not to be compelled to follow a certain religion, you have the right to establish your own religion. That's all. There is no protection against "merry christmas" signs. These simple tenets are enough to protect from real actual tyranny. Hypersensitive people offended by the sight of other religions need to be taught tolerance and that also perhaps, they are in the cultural minority. And there's nothing wrong with that.

rtwngAvngr said:
and it's not in the constitution. all the constitution says is "congress shall make no law regarding the establishment of religion". You have the right not to be compelled to follow a certain religion, you have the right to establish your own religion. That's all. There is no protection against "merry christmas" signs. These simple tenets are enough to protect from real actual tyranny. Hypersensitive people offended by the sight of other religions need to be taught tolerance and that also perhaps, they are in the cultural minority. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I think you are stating something not in evidence. No one is against 'merry Christmas signs" or a "manger scene" or any other "religious symbol" but when the government (federal, state or local) promotes one particular religion as if it were the official religion of the land, then that constitutes a religion authorized by the state.

Religious symbols and icons should be left in the realm of the church, synagogue, mosque or the home. A large statue of the god Vishnu in the front of the Federal building or in the schools in which your children attend should be perfectly okay as no one should prevent the free expression of the Hindu religion for your child to adore because the teachers and principle are Hindus.

I'm certain that you would not be offended by a statue of the monkey god on the steps of Congress in Washington, DC. Would you?

ajwps,

Did the monkey god's teachings and words form the groundwork of our nation? If so, then no, it would not offend me in the slightest, in fact, I would encourage it. I have no problem with a statue or engraving somewhere on the building that references that historical truth.

However, you are going to have to post some pretty incredible links to demonstrate to me that the founding fathers based the foundation of this nation not on Judeo-Christian principles...but rather Hindu, Shinto, Muslim, Taoist, Satanic, or any other religious principles the world over.

Noting that the United States of America was founded by Christians who believed that the moral base set forth in the Bible would be a valid system with which to start to form a country should not be a threat to us today. Forgetting, or, more appropriately, attempting to rewrite the past to fit the secular world many are striving to create today would be a terrible mistake for our society to enter into. Sadly, some seem to be running towards this mistake as quickly as possible with their arms thrown open wide.

ajwps said:
I think you are stating something not in evidence. No one is against 'merry Christmas signs" or a "manger scene" or any other "religious symbol" but when the government (federal, state or local) promotes one particular religion as if it were the official religion of the land, then that constitutes a religion authorized by the state.

Religious symbols and icons should be left in the realm of the church, synagogue, mosque or the home. A large statue of the god Vishnu in the front of the Federal building or in the schools in which your children attend should be perfectly okay as no one should prevent the free expression of the Hindu religion for your child to adore because the teachers and principle are Hindus.

I'm certain that you would not be offended by a statue of the monkey god on the steps of Congress in Washington, DC. Would you?

I don't care about seeing other people's statues, even on public property. And I would even be further accepting if the cultural history of that nation was intertwined with that faith in some way. No one is trying to make this a christian theocracy, well maybe some are, but they will not succeed.

Also, read gem's post again. it was great.

MissileMan said:
Why does this moment of silence have to take place in school? Why can't those who wish to offer a morning prayer do so before they go to school?

I'm not sure anyone has said that mornings prayers cant be said before going to school. I think they probably should. However, local governments should still be free to include it in the school cirriculum if they so desire.

Gem said:
ajwps,

Did the monkey god's teachings and words form the groundwork of our nation? If so, then no, it would not offend me in the slightest, in fact, I would encourage it. I have no problem with a statue or engraving somewhere on the building that references that historical truth.

However, you are going to have to post some pretty incredible links to demonstrate to me that the founding fathers based the foundation of this nation not on Judeo-Christian principles...but rather Hindu, Shinto, Muslim, Taoist, Satanic, or any other religious principles the world over.

Noting that the United States of America was founded by Christians who believed that the moral base set forth in the Bible would be a valid system with which to start to form a country should not be a threat to us today. Forgetting, or, more appropriately, attempting to rewrite the past to fit the secular world many are striving to create today would be a terrible mistake for our society to enter into. Sadly, some seem to be running towards this mistake as quickly as possible with their arms thrown open wide.

Oh I see. The old cry that America is a CHRISTIAN country after all. That the foundation of America was not liberty, justice and the pursuit of happiness but a Christian Constitutional State of America founded by Christians for Christians.

Now I ask you, exactly where in the Constitution of the United States does it specifically say that this United States is based on the Judeo-Christian religion morality as stated by the founders?

Yes some seem to be running towards this mistake as quickly as possible with their arms thrown wide open that this is really a country based on the concepts of St. Paul of Tarsus.

Real nice....

ajwps said:
Oh I see. The old cry that America is a CHRISTIAN country after all. That the foundation of America was not liberty, justice and the pursuit of happiness but a Christian Constitutional State of America founded by Christians for Christians.

Now I ask you, exactly where in the Constitution of the United States does it specifically say that this United States is based on the Judeo-Christian religion morality as stated by the founders?

Yes some seem to be running towards this mistake as quickly as possible with their arms thrown wide open that this is really a country based on the concepts of St. Paul of Tarsus.

Real nice....

She didn't say that at all you paranoid, christian-hating meany.

I'm not sure anyone has said that mornings prayers cant be said before going to school. I think they probably should. However, local governments should still be free to include it in the school cirriculum if they so desire.

As a Jew, born in Texas, I went to public school where prayer was said by in the 1st through 12th grade by all the children. The small children of several faiths did not understand that they were saying prayers to a god whom their ancestory and faith did not accept.

No child wanted to be DIFFERENT or CHASTISED for walking out of the small classroom into the cold day. After all this was a Christian country with the morality of St. Paul of Tarsus.

Luckily my parents taught me about my religion at home, at my synagogue and at Hebrew school were I learned about the faith of my ancestors. But all were not so lucky.

This diabolic attempt to subvert the forming child's mind to the religion of the Christian country origins is insidious and WRONG.

The US Supreme Court agrees. The same court that the US Constitution created in its codified body to prevent such abuses of an official Church state.

ajwps said:
As a Jew, born in Texas, I went to public school where prayer was said by in the 1st through 12th grade by all the children. The small children of several faiths did not understand that they were saying prayers to a god whom their ancestory and faith did not accept.

No child wanted to be DIFFERENT or CHASTISED for walking out of the small classroom into the cold day. After all this was a Christian country with the morality of St. Paul of Tarsus.

Luckily my parents taught me about my religion at home, at my synagogue and at Hebrew school were I learned about the faith of my ancestors. But all were not so lucky.

This diabolic attempt to subvert the forming child's mind to the religion of the Christian country origins is insidious and WRONG.

The US Supreme Court agrees. The same court that the US Constitution created in its codified body to prevent such abuses of an official Church state.

I agree that saying specific prayers in school is a bit much. BUT a prayer before the baccalaureate is ok, as are moments of silence. Your fear of christianity is entertaining.

rtwngAvngr said:
She didn't say that at all you paranoid, christian-hating meany.

From the paranoid, Christian-hating meany who simply disagrees with your opinion is tarred and feathered for expressing the simple truth.

Here is what she did say:

Noting that the United States of America was founded by Christians who believed that the moral base set forth in the Bible would be a valid system with which to start to form a country should not be a threat to us today.

How much clearer could she have made her opinion which is exactly on point?

rtwngAvngr said:
I agree that saying specific prayers in school is a bit much. BUT a prayer before the baccalaureate is ok, as are moments of silence. Your fear of christianity is entertaining.

So you agree with specific Christian prayers at public schools being a bit much but a prayer before the baccalaureate is okay. Yes because adults have the capacity to understand that everyone can pray to whomever they like and no harm is done.

By the way, I have every right to fear an official Christian state which is not so entertaining.

Many of my ancestors died at the hands of Christian Nazis who murderered many of the men, women and children in my lineage while these same good Christians went to the Church on Sunday with their families to pray the same prayers. Then on Monday went back to murdering my family.

This may be hard for you to understand but you have to stand in my shoes for awhile to deal with the reality of what you want to be taken for granted.

ajwps said:
From the paranoid, Christian-hating meany who simply disagrees with your opinion is tarred and feathered for expressing the simple truth.

Here is what she did say:

How much clearer could she have made her opinion which is exactly on point?

Well, it's a fact that the founders were christain. And it was a good place to START a country.
But they intentionally put in the constitution the right to practice whatever religion you want. What are you griping about? I know you want Christianity ridiculed publicly, due to your own ethnic fear, but it's not gonna happen.

AJ you're an excellent example of why the state should rear all children, to remove the hate and biases which are inevitably tranferred by stupid religious parents.

rtwngAvngr said:
Well, it's a fact that the founders were christain. And it was a good place to START a country.

But they intentionally put in the constitution the right to practice whatever religion you want. What are you griping about? I know you want Christianity ridiculed publicly, due to your own ethnic fear, but it's not gonna happen.

What are you talking about? I don't care to ridicule any religion for that indicates you have a fear that Chrisitianity may not be the only TRUE faith on the face of the earth. Simply because you were born a Christian....

Christians claim that the US Constitution and therefore the US itself is founded upon uniquely Christian principles, and that the Christian principles have Biblical sources.

Thomas Jefferson, one of the influential US Founders, a Deist, described the fact that in the deliberations by Virginia statesmen for the wording or the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom, which preceded the US Constitution 1st Amendment, the Virginians rejected the linkage of the name "Jesus Christ" to the phrase "the holy author of our religion":

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination."

rtwngAvngr said:
AJ you're an excellent example of why the state should rear all children, to remove the hate and biases which are inevitably tranferred by stupid religious parents.

Now who is demonstrating PARANOIA and HATE?????

Tell me some of your other funny stories about how there's no such thing as race, and how babies aren't alive until their first breath. Those are funny too.

rtwngAvngr said:
Tell me some of your other funny stories about how there's no such thing as race, and how babies aren't alive until their first breath. Those are funny too.

You really are a trip.

Why don't you change the subject? Are you afraid of honest discourse?

these three issues are where your typically decent thinking is skewed by your judaic paranoia.

ajwps said:
Now who is demonstrating PARANOIA and HATE?????

That was a joke. It's what libs say about all the red staters. I like you in general aj, but your continual agitation against christianity is annoying. No one is going to round you up again.

ajwps said:
What are you talking about? I don't care to ridicule any religion for that indicates you have a fear that Chrisitianity may not be the only TRUE faith on the face of the earth. Simply because you were born a Christian....

stretching here.

Forum List

Back