Dont Forget, the Republicans created the IRS

good lord you are an idiot

I've been called worse.

Doesn't mean the OP isn't still a statement of historical fact.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

the OP is not a historical fact and leaves out the wilson tariff act, which if you were being honest, you would have to admit it was liberals who created the actual agency, not some temporary war funding agency

• Banned
Just another statement of historical fact for your consideration.

And just look at how progressive the rate structure was that the Republicans first established! :eek:

In July 1862, during the Civil War, President Lincoln and Congress created the office of Commissioner of Internal Revenue and enacted an income tax to pay war expenses (see Revenue Act of 1862). The position of Commissioner exists today as the head of the Internal Revenue Service.

The Revenue Act of 1862 was passed as an emergency and temporary war-time tax. It copied a relatively new British system of income taxation, instead of trade and property taxation. The first income tax was passed in 1861:

The initial rate was 3% on income over $800, which exempted most wage-earners.
In 1862 the rate was 3% on income between $600 and $10,000, and 5% on income over $10,000.
In 1864 the rate was 5% on income between $600 and $5,000; 7.5% on income $5,000–$10,000; and 10% on income $10,000 and above.

Internal Revenue Service - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who gives a fuck who created it and when.

Today it's a monstrosity and needs to be radically changed, if not abolished.

But hey, lets just deflect all the problems going on today with idiotic distractions.

I find taxes to be a Fourth Amendment violation.

You cant seize an individuals effects without probable cause or a warrant..

No offense to idiots everywhere.

:eusa_drool:

Mani's one of those when told the Republicans ended slavery told us all they were actually folks who later became the liberal democrats so the weren't really conservatives, but liberal democrats.

I think this one's a bit touched, I really do.

Last edited:

I've been called worse.

Doesn't mean the OP isn't still a statement of historical fact.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

the OP is not a historical fact and leaves out the wilson tariff act, which if you were being honest, you would have to admit it was liberals who created the actual agency, not some temporary war funding agency

my post is true and the pussy manifold can only neg rep instead of use facts to make his point....

we all know you love rep mani....but seriously, if you could man up and show how my post is wrong....that would be a change

But hey, lets just deflect all the problems going on today with idiotic distractions.

but then pantifold can't whine about pubs :eek:

This libs are so pathetic now.

All they have now is "a Republican did this XXX years ago", as if that means we will blindly agree with it.

And the founder's opted away from direct taxation and instead sought to tax commerce to run government.

Absolutely - sales tax.

A consumption tax is the only fair way, er legal way.

Either that or amend the Constitution to allow income tax... You'd have to change the Fourth Amendment tho..

The government can tax business transactions - but not businesses or individuals.

The Fourth Amendment forbids the sizing of property without cause or a warrant.

Last edited:
Since it's an historical fact, perhaps it belongs in 'history' instead of 'politics'? Or, more appropriately, the flame zone.

Seriously weak attempt at a flame, Mani. You're slipping. I find that sad. You used to be good at this.

And the founder's opted away from direct taxation and instead sought to tax commerce to run government.

Absolutely - sales tax.

Either that or Amend the Constitution to allow income tax... You'd have to change the Fourth Amendment tho..

The government can tax business transactions - but not businesses or individuals.

Agreed. And not to get too far off topic here regarding the Indiana court?

What are these idiots thinking anyway?

Indiana Suprerme Court issues death warrant for Fourth Amendment<At your leisure...

/OT

This libs are so pathetic now.

All they have now is "a Republican did this XXX years ago", as if that means we will blindly agree with it.

What it means is they're losing ground and they know it. It's much like a petulant child caught with the hand in the cookie jar...

Blame, Minimize, Deny, Obfuscate...

Which works fine until the nanny-staters step in and want governement involved in everything.

Then there just aren't enough taxes to fund the ponzi-scheme.

Absolutely - sales tax.

Either that or Amend the Constitution to allow income tax... You'd have to change the Fourth Amendment tho..

Agreed. And not to get too far off topic here regarding the Indiana court?

What are these idiots thinking anyway?

Indiana Suprerme Court issues death warrant for Fourth Amendment<At your leisure...

/OT

I know all about that Indiana bullshit man... When I read that my head was going to explode...

They're tyrants and enemies of the Bill of Rights and everything the US stands for in general.

They should be held accountable for their ruling and put in prison for life.

They want some sort of authoritarian police state where the police can do whatever the fuck they want, and the people are at their mercy.

The Tenth Amendment allows states to self legislate, however that is limited to the Bill of Rights..

Last edited:
It is noted above that the Party of Abraham Lincoln thought up the concept of property confiscation first. The thing below is the Amendment permitting a legal federal tax on incomes.

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration."

That was introduced in 1909, was passed and then the required number of legislatues all signed on.

The House and the Senate were both controlled by the Party of Abraham Lincoln, who wouldn't allow other people's, cotton-pickin' hands alone(?)!

The former Governor, Svartzenator, seems to have the problem down-in some nature of Patty, not entirely a Hearst(?)!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(The 1986 U. S. Tax reform would raise and index the Personal Exemptions and Standard Deduction in the federal level income tax. Lower and Middle income filers would soon enough discover their own zero liabilities, for any federal income tax. In their Spirit of Fairness, The Party of Abraham Lincoln would then come on board, with the Bush Tax Cuts, to make sure that American life would remain in their basic sense of "fair," for the privileged of riches, even Christ-despised! People Like Huckabee, keep the money even now!)

Forum List

Back