Don't Forget The Derby Tomorrow!

It's not just the Democrats. I was raised in that atmosphere, and absolutely love it. Sadly, bad breeding, to shave poundage, has turned the horses' legs into toothpicks. They can't handle the stress.
It shouldn't be a crap shoot, hoping the horse makes it around the track. It is starting to become commonplace, and it really is hard to watch.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, the Democrats ...

"This sport should be banned. It makes people sad."

Death at the racetrack: Horse racing's big struggle

The greatest sporting event I ever witnessed in person was a horse race at Mountaineer Park back in 1991.

The $2000 Mile and 70 yards claiming race. Fantastic race, taken in the stretch by the #7 thoroughbred Doctor of Medicine. Went off at 17 to 1, and I also had the Exacta which paid $196.

Races like that are a lot more exciting, because the horse's know they will end up at the glue factory or on some Frenchman's dinner plate if they lose. A lot more at stake for the equines.

The greatest sporting event I ever witnessed in person was a horse race at Mountaineer Park back in 1991.

The $2000 Mile and 70 yards claiming race. Fantastic race, taken in the stretch by the #7 thoroughbred Doctor of Medicine. Went off at 17 to 1, and I also had the Exacta which paid $196.

Races like that are a lot more exciting, because the horse's know they will end up at the glue factory or on some Frenchman's dinner plate if they lose. A lot more at stake for the equines.

You must have been close by. Mountaineer is my stomping ground. It used to be Waterford Park.

i love the interent bets are in
anyone remember otbs

long shot trifectas ....couple :20:
ive been to Belmont for the triple crown
Next year before civilization goes im going to the derby

I can get all dapper to

know whats a beautiful old track Saratoga the old timers used to drag me up there
today Saratoga is kinda douchy ...the town

You must have been close by. Mountaineer is my stomping ground. It used to be Waterford Park.

Relatively close, about an hour north of Mountaineer is the fantastic Mahoning Valley.

Why was the winner disqualified? saw the headline but didn't read.

Moved out of lane at the last turn and caused the eventual winner to have to pull up.

Are there lanes in horse racing? I don't really understand what "ducking out" is as they called it in what I did see. I would think that whoever is in front has the right of way on such things

Forum List

Back