[Don't] Forget Poland

nakedemperor

Aug 5, 2004
NYC
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/04/iraq.main/index.html

Poland may reduce its commitment of forces to the war in Iraq by 40 percent by January 2005 and have all its troops out by the end of that year, Polish officials said Monday.

Polish President Aleksander Kwasnieswski said a withdrawal is in the discussion stage but could not be finalized until after Iraqi elections scheduled for January.

A Defense Ministry spokesman said Defense Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski told the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza that Poland planned a 40 percent reduction in January, followed by complete withdrawal by the end of the year.

This coming days after Bush urged Kerry not to 'forget Poland' in the 'great alliance'.

And the walls came-a crumb-a-lin' down! :cheers2:

nakedemperor said:
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/04/iraq.main/index.html

Poland may reduce its commitment of forces to the war in Iraq by 40 percent by January 2005 and have all its troops out by the end of that year, Polish officials said Monday.

Polish President Aleksander Kwasnieswski said a withdrawal is in the discussion stage but could not be finalized until after Iraqi elections scheduled for January.

A Defense Ministry spokesman said Defense Minister Jerzy Szmajdzinski told the Polish newspaper Gazeta Wyborcza that Poland planned a 40 percent reduction in January, followed by complete withdrawal by the end of the year.

This coming days after Bush urged Kerry not to 'forget Poland' in the 'great alliance'.

I wonder if it's in response to Kerry's forgetting?

nakedemperor said:
Hehe, probably.

Come back Poland!! You're the 3rd most important friend!! :cry:

Whoever that dude is in your avatar has that look on his face that needs to be permantly wiped off...

-Cp said:
Whoever that dude is in your avatar has that look on his face that needs to be permantly wiped off...

Bring 'em on! :2guns:

I <3 anonymous online tough-talking.

Maybe you should also post the quote where the Polish president slammed Kerry for his comments about the American allies in Iraq. Way to begin building an international coalition there Johnnyboy.

It amazes me that the liberals only think it's an international venture if France and Germany are onboard.

"It is sad that a senator with 20 years of experience does not recognize Polish contribution. This is immoral," Polish President Aleksander Kwasniewski told FACTS in an interview commenting on the US Presidential Debate.

"It is sad that a senator with 20 years of experience underestimates Polish sacrifice, this is sad."

The Polish President added however that one should consider this was a part of the ongoing electoral campaign.

"I do not think this was out of ignorance," the president emphasized on the TVN Facts.

"There is one thing which should be stated clearly: this coalition is not just the United States, Great Britain, Australia alone; it also involves participation of Polish, Ukrainian, Bulgarian and Spanish soldiers who have died. It is immoral not to recognize the involvement we contributed based on our conviction that there should be unity in fighting terrorism, that there was a need to display international solidarity and that Saddam Hussein was a dangerous individual of this world."

"President Bush acted like a real Texan gentleman, he made sure to show appreciation for other countries' involvement in the coalition," Kwasniewski pointed out.

link

nakedemperor said:

This says quite alot concerning your character. Applauding what you consider bad news for the whole country, because you consider it bad news for the President. Congratulations.

Just the same I would like to see this country begin withdrawing large numbers of troops shortly after the Iraqi elections in January, and have most of the troops out by the end of the year. Consequently I see no problem with the Poles withdrawing their forces in the manner described. They will do what they think is best for themselves, and in this case not in response to the threat of terrorism, unlike other states.

Quite true, France and Germany already scoffed at Kerry when he mentioned more international help in Iraq, Iran told Kerry thanks but no thanks as far as getting nuclear fuel for peaceful purposes.

Kerry's plan is falling apart before he even begins to implement it.

Forum List

Back