Don’t force your religion on me.

DON’T FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME.
Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

We have a freedom of religion and a freedom of speech. You on the other hand do not have a freedom from religion. Noone is pushing anything on you, so stop your fucking whining already.

Romney/Ryan’s radical religious beliefs that life began at conceptions and abortion are murder don’t give them the right to force their religious beliefs on me no more than radical Islam force their religious belief and Sharia law on me. My freedom of religion should protect me. I may be an atheist and believe in evolution and not creation. Just because you believe in GOD or ALLAH do not mean I have to. I may not believe in war and don’t want my taxes going to support war but it does and I accept that and respect that of my Government. My religious freedom allows me to have an abortion.

Romney/Ryan want to force their religious belief by way of law on others and that is not different than radical Muslim forcing Sharia law on others.

We have a freedom of religion and a freedom of speech. You on the other hand do not have a freedom from religion. Noone is pushing anything on you, so stop your fucking whining already.

Typical ignorance of many on the right.

Again, we have freedom from religion in that the state may not codify religious dogma into secular law, the state may not inappropriately conjoin church and State to the extent that religious dogma becomes part of mandated public policy.

The belief that ‘personhood’ begins at conception, for example, is religious dogma, not legal fact; which is why so-called ‘personhood’ laws are struck down as un-Constitutional, as was the case in Oklahoma earlier this year.

I think your analogy is flawed. They can't "force their religions" on you, but you're ok with them essentially forcing their wars on you? Seems odd.

Poorly expressed, perhaps, but not flawed.

‘Force their religion’ in that religious dogma is codified into secular law by which all must abide. This includes those seeking to overturn Establishment Clause jurisprudence concerning separation of church and State.

Is abortion a sacrament in your religion?

You don’t understand.

The issue is that many on the right wish to destroy privacy rights in accordance with religious dogma, where that dogma is used as ‘justification’ to restrict the right to privacy.

"Thou shall not kill" is in the bible. So its part of a religon. Want to get rid of murder laws?

I understand completely, hell if a vote came up on Abortion rights, in most cases I would vote yes. My problem is that I see no right to an abortion in the consitution, and see Roe v Wade as a horrible court decsion, right up there with Plessy v Fergueson.

Typical ignorance of many on the right.

Again, we have freedom from religion in that the state may not codify religious dogma into secular law, the state may not inappropriately conjoin church and State to the extent that religious dogma becomes part of mandated public policy.

The belief that ‘personhood’ begins at conception, for example, is religious dogma, not legal fact; which is why so-called ‘personhood’ laws are struck down as un-Constitutional, as was the case in Oklahoma earlier this year.

I love how you to skip over questions which require you to actually debate and back up your position. You like all other liberals depend on lies and propaganda thus there is no debate. Pathetic.

You make me laugh. "protect my freedom"? Tell that to your zombie friends toots. That old dog does not hunt. I don't need or want anyone murdered overseas in an effort to protect my freedom. That's such utter bullshit. I'm all down with knocking off Saddam if we had to. Send in an assasination team... over and done with...I don't care if bad men die. Bin Ladin? That's the way it should be handled.

All that other killing? In no way does it preserve nor protect my freedom. Saying so is a disgusting lie.

If you think all that murdering protects your freedom you are an idiot. It is your faulty and dangerous thinking that enables monsters like Bush and Cheney to project our armed forces irresponsibly.

Toots??? How old are you?? 60??? BTW- Get your own words.. I penned Zombie left.. not too original are you?

I don't need to say anything.. your disgusting rant about America's military can stand on it's own.

63. I doubt you "penned" zombie anything. If you have original work prove it. My rant is only disgusting to someone with no morals nor any value of human life. It is your fake excuse of "protecting my freedom" that is in fact disgusting.

What's up with all you old liberal men on this forum calling women whores, cu_ts, twats, sluts, harassing people in private messages, (del)>?? It's disgusting and shows just how warped your thinking is. You're a throw back to Vietnam and the same type of hatred for our troops.

Toots??? How old are you?? 60??? BTW- Get your own words.. I penned Zombie left.. not too original are you?

I don't need to say anything.. your disgusting rant about America's military can stand on it's own.

63. I doubt you "penned" zombie anything. If you have original work prove it. My rant is only disgusting to someone with no morals nor any value of human life. It is your fake excuse of "protecting my freedom" that is in fact disgusting.

What's up with all you old liberal men on this forum calling women whores, cu_ts, twats, sluts, harassing people in private messages, (del)>?? It's disgusting and shows just how warped your thinking is. You're a throw back to Vietnam and the same type of hatred for our troops.

What's up with whores, cu_ts, twats, sluts calling old men "liberals"?

You're not worth wasting time on any longer old man. You're senile and it shows. Last post to you.

WHAT RIGHT TO PRIVACY do conservatives wish to destroy???

The right for a woman to make private medical decisions with her family and her doctor.

That's one...

How about that AZ bill that would have required you to disclose to your employer your reasons for taking birth control?

Really? Don't tell me- SHOW ME. Show me where any conservative is trying to take away a woman's right to privacy concerning her personal physician?? SHOW ME.

I've not read anything about an Arizona bill but disclosing your employer for health insurance reasons HAPPENS ALL THE TIME -- BIG FAT FAIL and secondly, you think it's an imposition to state, "For birth control?" ROFLMAO:lol::lol:

Only in Librul-land are women walking OFFENDED vaginas. You liberal women are a national embarassment.. All you talk about are your vaginas.. You've made a total mockery of yourselves.. It's hilarious!

The right for a woman to make private medical decisions with her family and her doctor.

That's one...

How about that AZ bill that would have required you to disclose to your employer your reasons for taking birth control?

Not to mention their enthusiasm for domestic surveillance - Homeland Insecurity, PATRIOT ACT, etc, etc.... But then liberals haven't exactly reversed that trend.

If we lived in a society where no one could "force their belief on someone else", we'd live in an anarchy.

Someone has to help me on this one, while it seems we pay for a lot of things that people don't agree with, for instance, Wars, Environmental Programs, etc etc. that taxpayers pay for, if the 1st Amendment issue was one that held sway here, then it would also hold sway on every issue that someones religion would take issue with. The bottom line as i see the comments here is peoples objection to how their tax dollars are spent, well join the club, Americans have been objecting about that since before John Hancock's signature was dry. The point is, we elect those who represent us to spend our tax dollars for us in a wise manner and if we do not want them spent on such things as contraceptives then elect a majority to make that happen. As for myself while it's my personal belief abortion is wrong, it is also my belief that my rights end where anothers begin and as such a woman should be allowed to have a choice both moral and physical when it comes to this.

If we lived in a society where no one could "force their belief on someone else", we'd live in an anarchy.

I disagree. There is a qualitative difference between laws that protect individual freedom and those that impose conformity.

I agree with you.

Romney has always been a moderate and rational conservative. I don't appreciate the fact that he has to don conservative whiskers to placate the GOP base but I'm fairly certain he is still a moderate (a RINO to conservatives) and will preside fairly.

I do NOT beileve he wants to push religion on anyone

dblack

"But then liberals haven't exactly reversed that trend. "

It has been my impression that whenever one politicial party manages to institute a BAD IDEA the OTHER party, after BLASTING the BAD IDEA before it becomes law, is perfectly willing to take advantage of that BAD IDEA for their own purposes.

Last edited:

Don't worry lady, higgy likes the cock, its why he's a democrat!

That's one...

Other than abortion which ones? And sea why do you care, I thought.you likes the pink taco as much as I do?
And if your getting birth control for something other than birth control than hour should have to have a reason....it happens allllllll the time for medication

Obamanation
I love the left. freedom of choice applies to killing the unborn child, but it doesn't apply to purchasing health care...

How can they live with their own hypocricy?

-------------------

can't the same be said about cons?

freedom of choice when it comes to tobacco but NOT pot

and, apparently, MOST of them want;

abstinance only sex education (no CHOICE)

stricter divorce laws (no choice) (except of course for all those conservative republicans who are on their 3rd or 4th marriage)

under god in the pledge (no CHOICE) (remember that the original pledge did NOT have god in it at all)

creationism taught as science and evolution banned (it IS a "satanic lie from the pit of hell, right) (no CHOICE)

homosexuality taught as PERVERSION and NOT as a persons private choice (no CHOICE)

christianity taught (in public schools!) as the ONE TRUE RELIGION (no choice)

I won't argue that there are hypocrisies coming from the left but I see them from the other side, too

cons say that all life is precious (so abortion is murder)
then I see them, with a twinkle in their eyes, wishing they could;

nuke the ME
nuke France
nuke N.Y.
nuke california
abort bill clinton
abort obama

I see conservative bumper stickers ala;

"make America great! kill a liberal!"
"I accelerate for liberals"
"club liberals"
"liberal hunting permits"

and chuck norris and ted nugent keep reminding their CONSERVATIVE MINIONS that "we have guns and we are NOT afraid to use them"

so I guess NOT ALL Life is precious......

---------

for me it comes down to a CHOICE;

i can choose inept democrats with good intentions but bad ideas who defend religious liberty and rights for ALL Americans but will probably just screw everything up

or

I can choose conservative christian republicans who want to make America a christian nation, make the 10 commandments laws of the land, and believe rights do NOT apply to atheists, gays, muslims, non-christians since "RIGHTS COME FROM GOD" and "if you do NOT beieve in god then you have no rights!"

fortunately, for me, I still believe that Romeny is NOT one of THOSE republicans. I'm still holding onto the belief that he is a rational moderate who will not govern from his bible

New Topics

Forum List

Back