Don't Fall Asleep PEOPLE!!!!

I am actually for a good public option. Those using it may have to settle for a bit less than private ins might provide. I do however think it is still better to take care of everyone.

I do not think the healthcare industry should be a for profit industry. And before you say anything, well paid researchers would still try and develop new cures, with perhaps a few less shortcuts that have sometimes had bad side effects.

We have had an affully lot of drugs pulled off of the market for safety reasons in the last couple of decades. Private concerns could still make medicines and apparatus. Private hospitals, Dr,s and insurance could still profitiably co-exist as well with a public option or perhaps socialized medicine.

I just can't wrap my head around the level of trust the supporters of a Public Option have in the government. I really dont get it and it drives me crazy that people do trust the government this implicitly.....this is the very reason I can't talk about health care with Article_15.

I am actually for a good public option. Those using it may have to settle for a bit less than private ins might provide. I do however think it is still better to take care of everyone.

I do not think the healthcare industry should be a for profit industry. And before you say anything, well paid researchers would still try and develop new cures, with perhaps a few less shortcuts that have sometimes had bad side effects.

We have had an affully lot of drugs pulled off of the market for safety reasons in the last couple of decades. Private concerns could still make medicines and apparatus. Private hospitals, Dr,s and insurance could still profitiably co-exist as well with a public option or perhaps socialized medicine.

I just can't wrap my head around the level of trust the supporters of a Public Option have in the government. I really dont get it and it drives me crazy that people do trust the government this implicitly.....this is the very reason I can't talk about health care with Article_15.

Ohh I am for it, however I do not think we have anywhere near the caliber of people in govt to actually do it properly. In either party or combined.

But we do need to do something. What to do? And please don't say deregulate the insurance industry.

Ohh I am for it, however I do not think we have anywhere near the caliber of people in govt to actually do it properly. In either party or combined.

But we do need to do something. What to do? And please don't say deregulate the insurance industry.

I'll tell you what we should not do. We should not be cobbling together a crap bill just for the sake of passing crap by tacking it on to the back of a really important bill.

If this was about reform, most conservatives would support it. It is not. It is about control and fucking Obama wanting to secure some fucking legacy. Corrupt bastard.

I'll tell you what we should not do. We should not be cobbling together a crap bill just for the sake of passing crap by tacking it on to the back of a really important bill.

If this was about reform, most conservatives would support it. It is not. It is about control and fucking Obama wanting to secure some fucking legacy. Corrupt bastard.

Ohh I agree with your first paragraph, but your second one is pure partisan crap.

I can't give you just half a dose of rep points....darn...

Small, Targeted, and implimentable legislation that can easily be held to account. Lets start by gettin some legislation protecting those with insurance from being denied for bogus "pre existing" condition denials.

Then lets pass a very quick and simple piece of legislation in regards to tort reform to bring down costs a little.

Then we can move on to passing another targeted piece of legislation in regards to feasible ways to increase coverage without increasing our national defecit. Open up competition across state lines, provide a subsidy (paid for with spending cuts in other areas of the government) for certain income levels.

Then........whatever we need next....small, targeted and implimentable. None of this broad sweeping stuff that, in the history of our government, never works out well and is hard to hold the politicians accountable to.

Last edited:
I never understood why people thought they needed healthcare insurance anyway. It's like paying a middleman (insurance company) to handle your medical expenses. They are going to jack the cost, to be profitable, so you are paying rates that are averaged across the full range of medical costs and patients. I would prefer that my employer didn't cover me and gave me a raise instead. I would take a policy covering castrophic illness or injury with a high deductible and open a health savings account, which is non-taxable when used for medical reasons, to cover the small stuff.

We have had an awfull lot of drugs pulled off of the market for safety reasons in the last couple of decades. Private concerns could still make medicines and apparatus. Private hospitals, Dr,s and insurance could still profitiably co-exist as well with a public option or perhaps socialized medicine.

Don't tell anyone, but, I completely agree. We need to do something about those who are uninsured for whatever reason and cannot afford to be.

Here's an idea... what if instead of throwing them all into a government run health insurance plan what if all insurers within a given state were put into a pool that divies out the uninsured to each company. These insurance companies have to provide at least a minimum standard of coverage to these people and are regulated as to how high the premiums can go.

Immie

Last edited:

Small, Targeted, and implimentable legislation that can easily be held to account. Lets start by gettin some legislation protecting those with insurance from being denied for bogus "pre existing" condition denials.

Then we can move on to passing another targeted piece of legislation in regards to feasible ways to increase coverage without increasing our national defecit. Open up competition across state lines, provide a subsidy (paid for with spending cuts in other areas of the government) for certain income levels.

Then........whatever we need next....small, targeted and implimentable. None of this broad sweeping stuff that, in the history of our government, never works out well.

Daayum! I like that. But it is doomed to failure because it makes so much sense.

Then........whatever we need next....small, targeted and implimentable. None of this broad sweeping stuff that, in the history of our government, never works out well.

Daayum! I like that. But it is doomed to failure because it makes so much sense.

Even more doomed as the politicians could actually be held accountable if its not implimented properly ;). thanks.

That's what everyone has been missing, you've nailed it. There IS broad consensus from the people, both ends of the political spectrum, doctors, etc., that reform is needed. However the bills pending, those that the administration seems bound to ram through, are not what anyone else wants, indeed for good reasons they fear and loathe them. So will they get to 51? Possibly, then they will pay the price.

Seriously dont be fooled by the scott brown victory and Obama's new economy rhetoric.

The health care bill didn't die, it didn't go away, its STILL in the works. They are still going to try and pass it!!!!

The govt is smart enough to know to keep it quiet and keep us distracted with economy speeches while they continue to move forward with the massive sweeping reform they originally had planned on.

PAY ATTENTION and keep the pressure on your politicians.
Why do you think it's a secret? Isn't Fox talking about it?
It's been featured on MSNBC and on Liberal talk radio.

Seriously dont be fooled by the scott brown victory and Obama's new economy rhetoric.

The health care bill didn't die, it didn't go away, its STILL in the works. They are still going to try and pass it!!!!

The govt is smart enough to know to keep it quiet and keep us distracted with economy speeches while they continue to move forward with the massive sweeping reform they originally had planned on.

PAY ATTENTION and keep the pressure on your politicians.
Why do you think it's a secret? Isn't Fox talking about it?
It's been featured on MSNBC and on Liberal talk radio.

I dont think its a secret. Did I say it was a secret?

I think I told people not to forget that its still out there since, at the time of the post, Obama was having daily economy speeches and the airwaves were filled with Scott Brown talk.

Hell, let's just do it right. Pass a copy of the Canadian system. Their old people live longer, and less of their children die of childhood diseases.

Were the Democrats and President Obama to just put a strong public option back into a reconciliation bill, and pass it with a simple majority, the majority in this nation would be grateful. Not only that, the Democrats numbers would be much better in November.

As with the Republicans from 2001 to 2009, the Democrats have the House, the Senate, and the Executive. If they fail to pass Healthcare, the failure is theirs.

That's what everyone has been missing, you've nailed it. There IS broad consensus from the people, both ends of the political spectrum, doctors, etc., that reform is needed. However the bills pending, those that the administration seems bound to ram through, are not what anyone else wants, indeed for good reasons they fear and loathe them. So will they get to 51? Possibly, then they will pay the price.

The major opposition is about President Obama getting credit. From day one, you assholes have vilefied him.

CNN and FOX just released polls, both saythe same hting.
The existing bill should be scrapped.
Oh, and both houses of congress have been controlled by the democrats since 2007....

No, they have not been, dumb ass. You cannot pass anything with opposition, when your 'majority' is only a vote or two, and the President will veto it.

But, if the Democrats fail to get anything done with the people they have now, it will be on their heads.

CNN and FOX just released polls, both saythe same hting.
The existing bill should be scrapped.
Oh, and both houses of congress have been controlled by the democrats since 2007....

No, they have not been, dumb ass. You cannot pass anything with opposition, when your 'majority' is only a vote or two, and the President will veto it.

But, if the Democrats fail to get anything done with the people they have now, it will be on their heads.

I encourage you to spread your denail to as many people as possible, it helps us conservatives.
DUMBASS your self

Were YOU asleep during the '06 elections?

Since the winners were sworn in, the dems controlled both houses of congress.

DUMBASS

Forum List

Back